Anyone here have a dead VCA region?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I understand the CEntral Florida FINALLY had an event (lunch!) in Tampa.As a potential member, that's about the only way I'd sign up, rather than drive 2 hours in traffic for lunch....

Gerald

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kgrif- Peace.

Ok so here's the thing, since JonB is calling people out.

Guy buys a car, BAM. Here I am "In Living Color". Do It To Me! Show me what you got VCA! Goes to a meeting, nobody makes much of a fuss over him or his car. Pretty standard stuff... nice car, how's it going, where you from, etc. Comes away thinking gee these guys may not be for me, I'm wasting my time here. The earth didn't move.
But let me put it to you this way. What have you got to offer? Who are you? What you bringin' to the party? Where you been? What do you stand for? What does this car do or mean to you. Because if you do not participate your car experience will grow stale pretty quick. You will end up selling it and blaming... whatever. Pretty freakin' lame if you ask me. Life's to short...Oh VOI in Dallas is soooo far away!!!! Flip a coin buddy. You either go or you bail! It ain't comin' back around.
and who am I? I own and drive the oldest thing on the block. But I'll tell you this right now. At VOI 7, when I drove to the lot; Every freakin' one of the guys workin' that lot stopped and they watched as I passed by! When I was done racing and the Viper Days guys were lining up to go next; Every single one of them turned to look. Every single instructor on the track greeted me with "Hey hows it goin'"
It's up to you. It's your club. What you going to do about it?
..and I get a kick out of little things like. The other day I got a new cowl in from Partsrack. A guy from Autoform wrote my name on it and they made it for me. Like, if I am walkin' down the street and Chuck Tator passes me he knows me and I know him. Like, If Dan Cragin says hey Jeff how's it going and I tell him I love him, he knows I may have a couple beers in me.

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony!!!! Tony!!!!

Chris offically IDed Me!!!! And I never even gave him my VIN!

FYI - Chris, and the KC region, appear to be 100% what you're looking for in a car club. National mess aside, I would spend the stupid $100 in a second if I had the time to contribute here and enjoy the activities. In fact, I offered to send the $100 directly to Chris for some type of regional membership, as I have no interest in joining the National Club (because of how it is run and who runs it) but he said that he couldn't.

As he said, Chris includes me in the communications and invited me to several great events. It is just that something always comes up professionally (and I overslept and missed the GD air-show!!!).

If I stick around the area much longer, unknown at this stage, and have the time to actually be part of the region, I will join because the way this region is run (and the people who run it) have demonstrated the value. In spit of the National club.

Reaction score
Tony!!!! Tony!!!!

Chris offically IDed Me!!!! And I never even gave him my VIN!

We were way past that point weeks ago....and I asked you for a proper image of your car. In what I could only imagine was an attack of "teen years", you pointed me to a picture of my car. I had a good laugh, and have been standing by ever since. Still nothing. :confused:

Stop beating a dead horse and take advantage of the offer I made weeks ago....or don't. Either way....move on with your life. :)

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our regional event in Long Beach was worth at least twice what we paid. Thank you VCA and DC. If annual membership was $300 I would pay it and feel it was great value.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't complain...I haven't stepped up to the plate to organize any events in my area. I generally don't have the time. One of these days...

Overall I think we have a good chapter. Yeah I wish we had more driving events, and I wish I had more time to help organize such events. Hats off to the people who DO the work and make events happen.

Regarding social events: they are useful as members can network and swap experiences and advice.

Yeah I wish events were closer to me, but my area (Va Beach region) has a smaller cluster of Viper owners than does the DC area. I hardly ever see VCA member Vipers around here, and when I do, they're either covered with decals or they're spotless and not raced...

You guys know who you are ;-)

Call me! Let's get together and beat up some riceboys or something.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey what's up OutThere? Posts with only a smilie and no additional negative VCA garbage spilling from your keyboard???

Just yanking your chain :)

Reaction score
I hardly ever see VCA member Vipers around here, and when I do, they're either covered with decals or they're spotless and not raced...

You guys know who you are ;-)

Call me! Let's get together and beat up some riceboys or something.

George! Where the heck you been??? How'd the move go? I think it is the stickered and clean Vipers that rarely see the sliver beast! :) Just Saturday we were at EuroSport for a BBQ. Mostly P-cars as George works on and races them....but there was a Lambo, a few Ferraris, three (yes THREE) Vipers.