Anyone in the Philly suburbs willing to show me their Gen II?

Klayfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there anyone in the suburbs of Philadelphia, particularly to the north, who would be willing to show me their Gen II Viper? The more I read and research, I think that's the car that I'm looking for. I'm still undecided on an RT/10 vs. a GTS, but I think the Gen II would fit my wishes and my budget as well. I live in Pennsburg, PA., which is near Quakertown. Anyone who's willing to let me check their car out, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!!

Steve

418viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve: I see you have several posts looking for info on vipers. You should try and make it up to Pocono this weekend where there will be plenty of vipers. See the event forum for info

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
I live in Emmaus and have a 99 BLK RT/10 that I got about 2 months ago. It has an aftermarket exhaust, smooth tubes, and cross drilled rotors...I would be glad to show you my car. Let me know where you would like to meet and a time frame. Not sure if this weekend will be any good because they are expecting showers possibly and my car does not leave the garage unless it is clear blue skies with nothing but sunshine...:)

BradH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mind if I stop over too? :) I'm in the same boat as Steve. I'm not far from Allentown and I'm familiar with that area. (I went to college at Muhlenberg.)

-Brad

OP
OP
K

Klayfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, 418. I'm going to see if I can make it up there. Do you know more about the event? There didn't seem to be too much info.

pocket, thanks for the offer. That would be great. I'd love to see the car. We'll keep in touch and figure out when would be a good time.

Steve

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klayfish,
It looks like it is supposed to be nice on Sunday if you would like to see the car for an hour or so. My cell # is 610-390-5852.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I suggest you rent Zoomies GTS for the weekend - or a full week if you're really serious about buying. If you get into one of these guy's cars, 1) you're not going to be relaxed driving it because the owner will be watching you like a hawk or you'll be afraid of breaking someone else's toy 2)ten feet, ten blocks, ten miles just isn't enough time to accurately gauge the character of the car 3) if something does happen you'll be personally liable.

If not Zoomies, rent a viper from somewhere. You have a car you can play with, is insured, and you can see what its like to actually live with it as opposed just taking it for a spin.

pavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
I live just south of Doylestown about 40 minutes from Quakertown. I would be happy to show you my 2000 RT10 and take you for a spin if you like. I should be available this weekend weather permitting. My telephone # is 215-598-7838. Let me know if you want to get together.
George
aka Pavenom

BradH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
I live just south of Doylestown about 40 minutes from Quakertown. I would be happy to show you my 2000 RT10 and take you for a spin if you like. I should be available this weekend weather permitting. My telephone # is 215-598-7838. Let me know if you want to get together.
George
aka Pavenom

George, where do you get your Viper serviced? Fred Beans in Doylestown? I spoke with them last week and they say they have a certified Viper tech on their staff. (I've been calling around so that I know my local service options when I finally make the leap on a GTS.)

-Brad

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...... You should try and make it up to Pocono this weekend .... See the event forum for info...

I will be minutes from the track this weekend. I looked for the info on this event and did not see it. Am I going blind?

OP
OP
K

Klayfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is Zoomies?

Thanks for the offers guys. I'll see if I can make this weekend, but it's already looking busy. If I can't, I'll definitely be in touch to see if I can figure out another weekend soon.

Steve

pavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad,
Yes, I get my Viper serviced at Fred Beans Dodge. They have 2 certified Viper techs (Ken and Greg) on their service staff. Both are great guys and both have done routine maintanence on my car. When you get your Viper, contact Mike Riley at FB (he is the man in charge of Viper servicing) and tell him George sent you.

OP
OP
K

Klayfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice to know that. My wife works in Doylestown. She can always take a Viper I get there. Yes....I'm going to let her drive it. I kinda have to if she's letting me finance the thing. :smirk:

PaulH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey steve,
my car is at the shop now, but i should be getting it back within a week-ish... i live in philly, but i occasionally make my way up to the lansdale area... is that close to you? perhaps one of these days we could meet around there. (i now have a black GTS).
i'll let you know when i get my car back if you're still interested!
good luck with your search,
paul.

BradH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey steve,
my car is at the shop now, but i should be getting it back within a week-ish... i live in philly, but i occasionally make my way up to the lansdale area... is that close to you? perhaps one of these days we could meet around there. (i now have a black GTS).
i'll let you know when i get my car back if you're still interested!
good luck with your search,
paul.

Paul -

Sorry to piggyback on your offer to Steve, but I live literally 3 minutes from Lansdale and would love to check out your GTS whenever you're up this way again.

-Brad

PaulH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad, no problem... like i said, i don't have my car now, but when i do, i'll let you guys know and start a new thread for anyone else interested!
paul.

OP
OP
K

Klayfish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,
Absolutely, that would be great. I'm still debating between GTS and RT/10, so it's great to see any car.

Steve