Anyone install the CF dash kit?

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just snapped these real quick from the garage. If you guys want a better pic, let me know and I will pull the car out for better lighting.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just snapped these real quick from the garage. If you guys want a better pic, let me know and I will pull the car out for better lighting.

Wow, now this is what I am looking for. REAL CF and more black than grey. Notice too how the lines run compare to the Mopar unit.

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, now this is what I am looking for. REAL CF and more black than grey. Notice too how the lines run compare to the Mopar unit.

those are overlays, but overlays with real 2x2 twill weave:), just like this stuff

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those are overlays, but overlays with real 2x2 twill weave:), just like this stuff

No overlays or maybe, whats an overlay? Not a stick on I hope. I sent a PM to the owner and he had it custom made in real CF but took months to get. If yours is not a stick on, where can I get the center set?

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They take your stock part, wrap it in carbon fiber and resin. This way you keep all the OEM fasteners on the back. It is not a stick on and it does not come off. It's wrapped around so even the edges are carbon. A typical overlay just sticks on.

Vegas, what seats do you have?

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They take your stock part, wrap it in carbon fiber and resin. This way you keep all the OEM fasteners on the back. It is not a stick on and it does not come off. It's wrapped around so even the edges are carbon. A typical overlay just sticks on.

Good info and thanks. Definately dont want a cheap overlay stick on.

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tellett, full carbons, here's the website, Tillett Racing Seats

a company in oregon where I got them, I think it was called cart o rama?

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real/wrapped stuff looks so much better IMO.

It does, IMHO, I've had both. The hydrographic stuff looks good until you see it side by side with an overlayed piece.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vegas, who did your cf work?

I had MACarbon do some wrapping for me, it wasn't cheap, but they did a fantastic job.

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vegas, who did your cf work?

I had MACarbon do some wrapping for me, it wasn't cheap, but they did a fantastic job.

I did a lot of it myself, some of it I had done by two companies, neither of which I would recommend. The CF work was good, but the finish work in both cases was not up to par. I had the pieces done by both companies redone (the clear coat & finish work) locally.

I had MACcarbon bid the parts, thought I could get it done at a better price, turns out I was was wrong. I would go with MAccarbon the next time.