Anyone interested in a repairable 99 ACR?

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well due to an unfortunate incident involving an axle/u-joint breaking, and a curb....my viper is meeting the fate of oh so many before it.

If anyone is interested in the car, the specs are on ebay, and I am entertaining offers from those who would might be interested in buying it.

This would make a great cheap street car, or an excellent platform for a racer.

You can e-mail questions to me at: [email protected]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6209&item=2426568819

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing that would concern me is your comment...

"The engine runs, but will not start due to the damage to the evaporative canister assembly."

Can you elaborate?

The rest looks like minor repairs for a body-work guy. I'll keep an eye on the bidding and depending on where it goes, I might jump in!

OP
OP
T

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The evaporative canister assembly is part of the emissions package, its located on the drivers side, in front of the wheel well, under the headlight.

After the accident, it was dangling by a wire, we managed to start the car and keep it running to aid in getting it on the trailer. However since the evaporative canister assembly is kinda big and heavy, we decided to cut the wire and toss it in the trunk while the viper was on the trailer, that way it wouldn't fall off in the middle of the road somewhere. After getting the viper off the trailer, the engine won't start anymore. This is due to the fact that a missing evaporative canister assembly causes a fault in the ECU, and prevents starting, some kind of emissions deal.

Well the car isn't in bad condition, your right as its maninly body work, but the front frame ear is bent, and the rear driver's side hub/carrier assembly is shot, along with the axle, so there is some mechanical work involved.

The only thing that would concern me is your comment...

"The engine runs, but will not start due to the damage to the evaporative canister assembly."

Can you elaborate?

The rest looks like minor repairs for a body-work guy. I'll keep an eye on the bidding and depending on where it goes, I might jump in!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me give you a piece of advice.
Fix the evapotator or whatever is keeping the engine from running.

OP
OP
T

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all for the interest, it was a real bummer for me that the car sustained frame damage, I was turning right from a stoplight, starting from a dead stop, and I was on the curb within 3 body lengths.

I don't know about the viper design, but it seems that those front frame ears are a little prone to bending, espeically with them pointing straight out with little lateral support.

bummer that what appears to be a minor run in with a curb.
resulted in so much damage.
hope it all works out well..

OP
OP
T

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Joe117, I will definately look into that.

Let me give you a piece of advice.
Fix the evapotator or whatever is keeping the engine from running.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all for the interest, it was a real bummer for me that the car sustained frame
damage, I was turning right from a stoplight, starting from a dead stop, and I was on the curb
within 3 body lengths.

I don't know about the viper design, but it seems that those front frame ears are a little prone
to bending, espeically with them pointing straight out with little lateral support.

Quote:

bummer that what appears to be a minor run in with a curb.
resulted in so much damage.
hope it all works out well..

you'ld be amazed at how much damage can be done to the front end. I've seen a few Vipers in the repair shop with front end damage from a low speed accident. But it was designed to collapse and frames can be straightened and panels can be repaired or replaced.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10 mph does all of that? I am going to start turning at 1-mph if a 10 does that.

You might want to call John at Partsrack, I understand that he buys damaged Vipers.

Good luck with your auction

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960