Anyone Know JAY HERBERT???

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a post on quick-release gas caps for the RT and it turns out that Jay Herbert installed on (nicely, I might add) on his re-done RT. If he is still a VCA member, we'd like to know the details of this installation.

He is/way a Mid-South VCA member, listed as joining in Dec, 2007.

Thanks

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously Plum, I don't know him...but we had a question for him. He is no longer a VCA member, no longer on this planet? Is he so well known that I'm the only member who doesn't know him?:omg:

Anyway, thanks.....

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
he's was was for ever repairing/re-building a gen1 from the day i heard of him, which must be at least a decade ago, it went on years and im not sure if it ever got finished :dunno:

he looked after the VCA website in the early years, before loosing out when it went out to tender a couple of years ago,

think he still own the viper registary website
disclaimer...all or some of this info maybe incorrect ;)

w8liftn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
He lives in Arkadelphia, Arkansas and is still active with Mid-South VCA. You could contact the president of that chapter, I'm sure that he'll know how to get in touch with him. He went on the last cruise that I did with them last October but I don't know his contact info.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.....I got my question answered.

Much appreciated.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe Jay bought an RT during the transformation of his original car. So - at least for a while - he had 2.

It would be cool to see pics of the car that Ed Coombs was working on for Jay completed.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did we find out what the deal with the gas cap is? I would love on on my GEN2...

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
jay also started this website many years ago... and Tony Rickard used to manage it. Now I am revealing how long in the tooth I am. I believe that Jay eventually sold it to Chrysler.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was the guy who did not like to use the term BBQ here :eater: must have been a bible belt thing :rolleyes:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever happened to that old coot that had the GEN 1 RT (black I believe) who tried to sell it to 'Daffy Duck Viper'? I dont remember the guys username. I do remember though that he was a grumpy dude.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Whatever happened to that old coot that had the GEN 1 RT (black I believe) who tried to sell it to 'Daffy Duck Viper'? I dont remember the guys username. I do remember though that he was a grumpy dude.

I think you're talking about joe117, he is still around a little.

http://forums.viperclub.org/members/joe117.html

Are you thining of Francisco? Tony's old car is in this thread too.:)

http://forums.viperclub.org/sneaky-petes-place/569843-so-francisco-isnt-going-buy-my-car.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang