2klude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP

2klude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn that is cheap! Great price if it isn't wrecked or salvage title.

My friends calling the owner today. I think its a steal considering DC has done the install/tune and the car has an extended warranty.

OP
OP

2klude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I told my friend to call DC about the car but do you think they would remember it? He got an email from the seller and the current owner was not the one who installed the supercharged. Currently the supercharger and tune are the only mods on this car.

The paxton has been on the car for 12000miles. How does the supercharger and the motor hold up with 12000miles supercharged? Owner claims its making high 600rwhp. My friend and I both live in the bay area and the car is about 6 hours away in socal. Probably going to make a trip out this weekend.

After briefly looking through auto trader similar vipers minus the supercharger can be had for mid to high 30's so this isn't such an amazing deal.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had both a Paxton and Roe supercharged Viper. Paxton hp sounds low, but it might be a safe tune. Forget about the powertrain warranty, Dodge USED to be lenient about warranty work but given the state of the company they are starting to reject claims with any aftermarket parts (which makes sense to me anyway). I've seen them send inspectors out now too.

As for reliability, that all depends on how you drive the car. Pistons get a workout, but I didn't have a major problem on either of mine. One installed by Roe, the other by Heffner. DC should be just as reliable.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Power sounds really low for a s/c Gen 3. Either the guy doesnt know his car really well, or he was extremely conservative.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rwhp in the high 600s sound about right unless it's got the extras. wow 40k is a steal if it hasn't been wrecked.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96