Anyone know where I can find a GTSR block?

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken the GTSR block is the same as a regular viper block. I do not think there was anything special done to them.....I could be wrong though.

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTSR blocks have several differences. The biggest being the different size main and caps. You can't use a stock crank in a GTSR block.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am looking for a new or used GTSR block and crank for my twin turbo buildup...does anyone have one to sell?

Cheers
Jason

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I have a member with several brand new ones! Yes, they are different. Yes, they are hard to find.

He used to race, bought them as spares, never used them. I think he might be inclined to sell them if asked. In fact they are new, crated, and still wrapped!

Just email me at [email protected] and I can put you in touch.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:needpics:

Yes, I have a member with several brand new ones! Yes, they are different. Yes, they are hard to find.

He used to race, bought them as spares, never used them. I think he might be inclined to sell them if asked. In fact they are new, crated, and still wrapped!

Just email me at [email protected] and I can put you in touch.

MQQNVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
By the FIA rules and regulations the blocks (and heads) had to be PRODUCTION castings. The only difference in the original GTSR blocks were beefier main caps. But, if you look hard you'll see production part numbers on blocks & heads. The GTSR heads had some trick CNC machining work done, but started with production castings.

The GTSR started with production forgings but had more work done to them for heavy-duty 24-hour use.

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
By the FIA rules and regulations the blocks (and heads) had to be PRODUCTION castings. The only difference in the original GTSR blocks were beefier main caps. But, if you look hard you'll see production part numbers on blocks & heads. The GTSR heads had some trick CNC machining work done, but started with production castings.

The GTSR started with production forgings but had more work done to them for heavy-duty 24-hour use.

They were a special production block different casting completely from the standard.
There is no motor mount provisions or accessories mounting ( power steering or a/c mounts) It uses a special crankshaft that wont fit in our blocks. Among alot of other difference's.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a friend that saw this post and has decided to sell one of his GTS-R blocks. Not sure what other parts in his GTS-R collection he is wanting to part with. With the above mentioned differences there would be other parts necessary to use the block. I can get you in touch with him if you are still interested