ANYONE NEED A COMPUTER

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tiger direct is high even for someone not in the business i have never and would never buy from them at those prices

JDR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
joe117,
I got $873 from the local guy.

What did Tiger quote?
Stugots, what's your wholesale, and "non-VCA price"?

P.S. My guy quoted Sony on the DVD, being you didn't spec, and we don't go with generic junk to lower the price.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
put it like this if he is paying that much for the parts then he is an idiot, if hes not he is making a killing off you on the labor either way you would be paying too much

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JDR im just wondering why you picked those parts there are better ones out for the same or even less prices in some cases

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
like asus makes a better and more user friendly motherboard for the same price with the same intel chipset

JDR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know people that can probably beat it by about $100, and that includes a REAL O.S. License. ...but I prefere to have a LOCAL guy to GRAB ahold of when there's a warranty issue, and a same-day replacement of anything that breaks.

If a person is ONLY shopping price... then the buyer and sellers are not considering the whole picture.

Will you ship COD company check?
What brand computer case are you going with?
Is that a retail boxed O.S. (Windows) product?

Not trying to bust your chops, just curious.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have never done COD yet
i can use any brand case that the customer wants i personally i go by looks and build not brand (as long as its not cheaply made of course)
i can do a boxed o.s. sure i can also do it under my multi license that also is customers choice. and a 3 year warrenty i do not think anyone has a 3 year that i know of.Besides im sure you can get a cheap system with dell but they use crap anyone who knows computers and has checked a dell over will never ever buy one

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course if i do use mt multi license it is totally free this way this way we don't charge for the o.s.

JDR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have a URL to Microsoft's site that explains how your "multi license" is free? Do you just copy your license certificate and send people copies of the CD? How's that work without copyright infringement, and how do people get their unique product ID code (serial number)?

...because the price I was quoted drops to about $697 without the retail O.S.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well the fact of it is they wouldent have a unigue id (thats why its free) and no one is the wiser i only do that for friends and thats why im oftering it to you guys i consider the viper owners on the board as friends and if someone felt ''wrong'' in doing so thats fine as well but i am leaving up for you guys (i dont think anyone here is gonna run and tell on me)

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm...Hi Stu. I am an exec at Microsoft. I checked with myself, and we both agreed we indeed are going to tell.

Piracy is piracy. And before you get cute and attempt to edit your post, don't bother. I have already captured it and saved it.

Please don't underestimate what you are doing here ... or you'll be on a field trip to visit Martha Stewart in no time.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and chuck look man im sorry i got outta hand and flew off the handle, not saying you were right in this but i will admit i was wrong and as far as the offter it stands to you as well no hard feelings. If you need anything computer related let me know

After making threats you're lucky to be on this board at all. I suppose because I knew you were just some snot-nosed punk shooting his mouth off like a tough guy so I didn't lodge a complaint to the moderators they decided to overlook the rules and let you stay. You're welcome and no thanks on the computer offer.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks chuck and i hope we could be cool after all this is said and done. i think gadgetmann could take a few pointers about snitchin i was only doing it to give viper owners a break. If it was all political like that everytime someone (and i have seen quite a few) say they were doin about 90 on the freeway or whatever if they are talking about racing or what have you why are you not calling the local police on them?? because any one of us very well can but there is susposto be some kind of understanding

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stu, You *******.

You just lost your entire being. Your life is going to go down the drain. Your kids who love you, will only see you behind bars or a glass window. Your wife, who depended on you, will be broken hearted at raising the children by herself, she will have lost her best friend... and she will eventually leave you. Not only will your life now be torn apart, but your kids lives, and your wife's life, has forever changed. Even your dog will miss you.

You were wrong, someone here on the board DID decide to run and tell on you. He is going to demolish your entire being. Everything you stood for is now going to be ruined. Everyone who has depended on you, will look down upon you. Why couldn't you be like the rest of us and play by the rules? You think any of us ever did anything stupid we are glad we didn't get caught for? Like cheating on our spouse, doing harmless drugs, being a little too drunk to drive, going much faster than the speed limit where we would be arrested on the spot, or anything like that? Well if you do, you are obviously mistaken.

Mike

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"i think gadgetmann could take a few pointers about snitchin"

Stu ... you need to take a few pointers about the power of the written word. I suggest you drop this now. I am doing you a favor. Humbly sulk back to the shadows and shut your yap.

For everyone else, I am not going to hang old 'Stu'. We had a nice chat on PM and I think we agree that he was being a little brazen with his licensing rules. He (or anyone) can get in big trouble for this stuff. All of a sudden your life can get real complicated. Not fun.

But, we all have an indiscretion from time to time, and I am giving my Viper Brother a 'Get out of Jail Free' card ....with a request that he operate by the rules. Reasonable, I think. The rest of us do it.

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey gadgetman im not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but what do you do over there at microsoft? you not in charge of the xbox are you? i need a copy of halo2 before everyone else gets it. ill hook you up with some viper parts if you hook me up.

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey CJ,

We talked the other night on the phone on your wheels ... hope all is well, Bud. Yep, I've been to Bill's house, pretty nice. About 60,000 square feet. No, that's not a typo :)

Nope, no Viper, but he does have a damn nice Porsche 959!

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Halo 2? Done, deal, my friend :)

Actually, I don't think even Bill could pull that one off. Ask for it for Xmas :)

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK here is my quote...

Intel Pentium 4 Processor HT at 3.20GHz
Intel D865PERLX Main Board
512MB Dual Channel DDR400 Ram
Seagate 80GB SATA 150 (8MB Cache) Hard Drive
128MB NVIDIA FX5600XT w/DVI & TV-Out
16X DVD-Rom
MID Tower Chassis w/330Watt
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Real OEM CD LOL)
1 year warranty.
$850

Reaction score
Just for the record.....I figured I would leave this here as long as Stu was digging a hole. :) It is abvious, at times, that he has not lurked here long.....if he had he might have had some idea as to who "lives" here. He also took his last name out of his profile....curious.

Hey Stu.....I mean Tony....I'll take a PC. Send me your address and I'll drop you a check!!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why I never buy software with a PC... For work, we deal with licensing at a corporate level and all licenses are centrally managed and purchased. That keeps one group accountable. And it isn't me. Thank goodness.

I used to work for a children's hospital... when you go from 2 buildings to 32 in 2 years, it is not easy to track this stuff...

Now can we let this thread die?

JD

C5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is too good, having a Microsoft exec. come into this thread and then "Stu" takes his last name out of his sig and doen't reply in the thread anymore...

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could care less anyway i was trying to help out members of this board save a little cash thats all and my last name was never on my sig.
Im not saying i do it on the regular but i do it for my friends and family to save some money not to paying customers. You are right viperman i have not lurked here long. I was not trying to start trouble i just wanted to help others on this board out im making no profit so if you don't want them fine I wasen't making any money anyway

As far as craig goes if i don't own a viper i have wasted alot of money with Sean roe buying viper parts and as far as that mp3 thing goes many many people do that and im sure many people on this board do as well hell i do it for personal use not selling them but music and movies for myself hell yeah. Everyone here is like a vulture looking and waiting for me to do something wrong to jump all over me when in both cases i was just trying to help people out if you would notice