Anyone need a set of Gen 2 heads ?

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a customer of mine that has a brand new complete set of gen 2 heads...part # 04763722 AB. They came off of a new crate motor. He is doing a set of ported heads and needs a little pocket cash to offset the difference. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM or give me a call.
Thanks,
Joe

OP
OP
P

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are really not sure what to ask for them. I thought they were worth at least $ 1500. At this point, we are open to offers and we will go from there.
Thanks,
Joe

OP
OP
P

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ward,
This is on a new car that was purchased recently and the motor was already apart. So we decided to do a ported head instead of the stock set up. Somebody here in town had a set of mopar performance heads for sale and the castings are a lot nicer to start with than stock. There is a lot more material on the intake runners, better guides, better seats, better valves...etc. I am not sure where you got the "changing motors" thing, we are just upgrading heads on a new project and selling the old parts(well, new take off parts anyway). See you in Florida.
Later,
Joe

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a customer of mine that has a brand new complete set of gen 2 heads...part # 04763722 AB. They came off of a new crate motor. He is doing a set of ported heads and needs a little pocket cash to offset the difference. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM or give me a call.
Thanks,
Joe

Ward,
This is on a new car that was purchased recently and the motor was already apart. So we decided to do a ported head instead of the stock set up. Somebody here in town had a set of mopar performance heads for sale and the castings are a lot nicer to start with than stock. There is a lot more material on the intake runners, better guides, better seats, better valves...etc. I am not sure where you got the "changing motors" thing, we are just upgrading heads on a new project and selling the old parts(well, new take off parts anyway). See you in Florida.
Later,
Joe

Joe you said "They came off of a new crate motor" ,then you said "Somebody here in town had a set of mopar performance heads for sale. He is doing a set of ported heads and needs a little pocket cash to offset the difference."

I could not understand why they would buy a crate motor just to do head work, that is why I asked it ....

See ya here....

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
P

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ward,
Sorry for the confusion. They picked up this car with the motor out of it...it was a wrecked car. The original owner had put a blower and ported heads on the car and removed them when he sold it. I think somebody else sold him the crate motor heads to sell with the car...they came off of a new crate motor and were never installed on this wrecked car. The wrecked car had a cam and new pistons, so the owner decided to buy this set of ported heads that were for sale. That is where the heads came from. Now he will have a nice combination when the car goes back together. That is why the stock heads are for sale to off set some of the cost of the new heads. I hope that helps you understand...I think I confused myself at this point.
See ya soon,
Joe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte