Anyone need laptops? I have some to unload cheap - great for tuning!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I realize this belongs in the classified section, but this group gets more visibility. And since many people ask about what laptop they should use for tuning an AEM or VEC2/3, here is an option for them. And these have built-in serial ports so they don't require that darn USB -to-serial adapter!

I'm refurbishing some laptops for a non-profit org and they are paying me with spare equipment on the assumption that i'll be able to sell it to cover the refurbishing costs. So I've got 250 laptops in my garage of which I need to unload 125.

Here's the skinny:

Dell Latitude D610. Just under 2 years left on the warranty. New 120Gb hard disk, 1GB of RAM. 14.1" display. 1.7ghz processor. Built in wireless card, modem, and wired network card. CD/DVD ROM (not burner). Comes with licensed copy of Windows XP Professional. Excellent condition.

120Gb Hard disk is brand new and that comes with a 3yr warranty.

I'm going to put them on ebay for 500 but if anyone here wants them for $400 ea, my cost for the refurb parts (not including time... that's hard disk and memory for each machine where i keep one for every one i fix up) is just under 400. So 400 plus shipping gets you as many as you want.

Even refurbished at the DELL site with a smaller hard disk, a similar machine goes for $909. See http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnline...emId=E6V2FG8F&~lt=popup&c=us&l=en&s=dfh&cs=22 .

PM me if interested. I'm looking to move these out of the garage so that I can get back to working on the car.

Sample specs:

1 8267R CONNECTOR, HEADER, 2X22, FEMALE, 2, S, G, 35K, THIRD HEIGHT, CHIP SET
1 CD635 BEZEL, LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY, LATITUDE, AZEDA/MANILA, V2
1 F4164 ASSEMBLY, HINGE, COUNTER, COVER, NOTEBOOK, D610
1 JC751 LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY, 14.1 XGA, VIDEO ELEC. STDS. ASSOC., AU OPTRONICS CORP
1 KC404 ASSEMBLY, CABLE, COAXIAL, LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY, EXTENDED GRAPHICS ARRAY, AZEDA/MANILA
1 F2951 KIT, CORD, FLAT, 3F, D3W/3P, PROPOSITION 65, UNITED STATES
1 M7181 ASSEMBLY, BASE (ASSEMBLY OR GROUP), NOTEBOOK, M22, 64M, LEAD FREE, AZEDA/MANILA
1 W4774 PROCESSOR, 80536, PENTIUM M DOTHAN, Pentium M Dothan, 1.73GHZ, 2 MEGB, 533FSB, PLASTIC GRID ARRAY, C0
1 H4406 KEYBOARD, 87, UNITED STATES, ENGLAND/ENGLISH, DUAL POINTING, AZEDA/MANILA
1 KD944 MOUSE, UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS, 2BTN, WHEEL, LEAD FREE, OPTICAL, PRIMAX ELECTRONICS LTD
2 Y5522 DUAL IN-LINE MEMORY MODULE, 512MB, 533, 64X64, 8K, 200
1 C8023 ASSEMBLY, ADAPTER, ALTERNATING CURRENT, 90W, LEAD FREE, DELTA - AC ADAPT
1 C2451 BATTERY, PRIMARY, 11.1V, 6C, CYLINDRICAL, SAMSUNG POWER DIVISION
1 YC496 ASSEMBLY, COMPACT DISK READ WRITE/DIGITAL VIDEO DISK DRIVE COMBO, 24X, HITACHI LG DATA STORAGE, D MODULES, V2
1 P7125 MODEM, 56K, INTERNAL, MODEM DAUGHTER CARD, 1.5, FOXCONN, LEAD FREE
1 X7571 HARD DRIVE, 120G, 9.5MM, 5.4K, WESTERN DIGITAL, SCORPIO, LEAD FREE
1 WD766 KIT, SOFTWARE, OVERPACK, WXPPSP2B, COMPACT DISKETTE W/DOCUMENTATION, ENGLAND/ENGLISH
1 Y8029 CARD (CIRCUIT), WIRELESS, MINI PCI CARD, 1370, BROADCOM CORPORATION

There are also 15 D400's and 15 D600's that can be had even cheaper, but I haven't even gotten to those.

Thanks!

JD

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi joe. hey, i have a VEC2 and would like to play with the tuning. what would i need besides this laptop as far as software? what would you recommend? thanks.

OP
OP
J

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BnI - a laptop, a couple of books, a serial cable, and some patients. that's it! that's for tuning. MS Office is pretty standard... so you might want to get that. and some anti-spyware and a personal firewall. all free too...

BTW - all laptops have a burner in them... not just a reader.

OP
OP
J

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I take a pic of the lot of 250 under my viper, i'll post that. Until then, they all look the same... clean, well maintained, some wear-and-tear, but nothing out of the ordinary. i will get pics soon!

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In case you're wondering about these notebooks...

My company has a bunch of these. I have the older D600. All are work horses. They last if you don't drop them. This is a good deal when you consider they come with at least a 2 year warranty.

OP
OP
J

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing it, but all 115 are spoken for as of last night. I've had to start a wait list for others. I apologize to those who inquired but didn't commit as those machines are spoken for. A few local pickups are suppose to happen this weekend and if any fall through i will let the waiting list know.

Joseph

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing it, but all 115 are spoken for as of last night. I've had to start a wait list for others. I apologize to those who inquired but didn't commit as those machines are spoken for. A few local pickups are suppose to happen this weekend and if any fall through i will let the waiting list know.

Joseph

puit me down on the wait list too joe. thanks!

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Joseph. The laptop survived the trip to Canada, received it today and it works a-ok. Also a big thanks for taking the time to ship it via US Post (to avoid courier brokerage / custom fees).

So if it was ebay..

A+++++++ Excellent seller, fast shipping, good communication!

Best regards,
Mike

Edit: Yep the wireless works good too, as I type on the laptop to edit this reply..

Last edited:

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Joseph, Fed-Ex showed up today. AWESOME shipping!! But I think you made a mistake? Used?:dunno: By who!? Lonely old Nuns with white gloves on? All 3 look new! Not a scratch or wear mark anywhere!:headbang: Thank you for offering us the opportunity for such a GREAT deal:2tu::2tu::2tu:

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's you bastages buying multiple units that made me almost miss this deal. I was lucky enough to get one of the last ones Joseph had.

Thank you Joseph for a wonderful laptop at a great price.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's you bastages buying multiple units that made me almost miss this deal. I was lucky enough to get one of the last ones Joseph had.

Joseph my TWO :D laptops showed up this past week and they are better than new. Thanks!

- Tony

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang