Anyone NOT have warranty work during life of a Viper?

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on personal experience, I have concluded that the Viper is a remarkably trouble-free vehicle (for the most part). I was just curious as to whether or not anyone has driven a Viper for extended periods of time (say 5 years or more) without ANY unplanned mechanical expenses.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bought mine new in march 99. never a problem except the recall work and i only did that cause it seemed the logical thing to do. i got the extended warranty (7/70K) but with my upgrades its about useless, although i did just recently have dealer relplace all my seals and weatherstripping under warranty :laugh:

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bought mine new in march 99. never a problem except the recall work and i only did that cause it seemed the logical thing to do. i got the extended warranty (7/70K) but with my upgrades its about useless, although i did just recently have dealer relplace all my seals and weatherstripping under warranty :laugh:

Exact same year and exact same situation, seems to be a very well engineered car.

PS. What did you have to say for them to replace the weatherstripping?

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've only had one warranty claim in 16 months of ownership. I expect to keep this car for many years so I am very pleased with the overall track record regarding unplanned expenses.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
almost 5 years... only problem (other than recently replacing the battery) is the A/C. And since I'm out of warrantee, I'll deal with that next week. Or the next week. Something like that...

It was trouble free for 4 years.

JD

kickinasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1994, it was 10 years old this past May..never an issue and still running strong!!!!

Mike Red 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 97 GTS that in the spring blew the timing gasket, I shut it off just in time and no other damaged was caused. Replaced battery last year and the tires will be next on the list.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Under warrant,
- Too much play in half shafts, replaced.
- Melted weatherstrip, replaced. (lousy job).
- Intake gasket, replaced.

Out of warranty :-(
- Gas cap corrosion, living with it.
- Worn weatherstrip, replaced.

My car is bone stock.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Um... I have a blistering paint issue that will need to be resolved without a warrenty, but I haven't gotten a price on it yet.

N CHARG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had blistering paint within 8 weeks of purchase. They repainted the complete car.

Since then never had an issue. 30K miles and still going.