Anyone On Twitter?

Reaction score
I'm considering setting up a Twitter account for DC Performance so everyone can get almost-live updates of what's going on at the shop, etc... But if a tree falls and no one is there to hear it :nono:

So... post up if it's something you'd be interested in! Just another way to bring everyone closer in to what we're doing...

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm on it. Sign up, I'ld love to see the latest happenings in your shop

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
For the computer dummies, like me, what is twitter?

Twitter.com... a VERY simplified version of Facebook. Basically, you'd sign up and become a "follower" of DC Performance and as we posted "updates", they'd show up on your main page so you could follow along with what we had going on at the shop.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once-a-week or once-a-month updates are plenty frequent for me, thank you. I don't understand twitter. I don't even need to hear constant updates from my family members. But that's just my opinion.

Bob

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It took me until last year to get a Myspace page, only after someone offered to make it for me. I still don't have a Facebook page. I don't see Twitter happening anytime soon either. I did send you a MySpace friend request last week. I didn't notice the last time you logged in was December of last year until just now lol :D

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It took me until last year to get a Myspace page, only after someone offered to make it for me. I still don't have a Facebook page. I don't see Twitter happening anytime soon either. I did send you a MySpace friend request last week. I didn't notice the last time you logged in was December of last year until just now lol :D

Come on ...get a facebook page, join the VCA group on there and post a lot of pictures of your female friends.:2tu:

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get the value of Twitter...I doubt that many viper owners would be interested in what is going on in your shop every 15 minutes. It would be a waste of your valuable time. I agree with SkyBob, but I'll take it a step further...Twitter is for losers...who wants to know what someone else is doing every minute of every day? And these people are linked to hundreds/thousands of other people and they get twitter messages from all these people all day long...you've got to be kidding me!

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't use twitter, but it can have its value. I read some Police Departments are using it to post immediate alerts of crimes or abductions, so I would not discount it as only for kids.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's something we really need more of...instant knowledge of even more negativity in the world...I don't watch a minute of the news for just that reason. It's full of war, murders, other violent crimes, CEOs and other people screwing over the working class...I try my best to keep all this negativity out of my life. I belive that I'm a happier person for it...I will admit that I stay out of the loop on some issues, but they are primarily things that I can't do anything about.
I don't use twitter, but it can have its value. I read some Police Departments are using it to post immediate alerts of crimes or abductions, so I would not discount it as only for kids.

V

Venomiss

Twitter might get you a different selection of people. Maybe.

You could start a thread here in your supplier section with updates and pictures too.
Might be a good thing for members looking at your shop?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is what I think of when I hear twitter...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALbH63Ali9U[/media]

That's funny, but after 30 sec's I could'nt continue to watch it.

Honestly, If you guys have updates Brandon you should just have a "What's new at our shop" type of space on your current website. All these personal sites just create more confusion. I could just imagine.............well I saw it on Facebook, but they said something else on Twitter and the VCA site had additional info. but I got the rest of the story on MySpace :crazy2:.

As a side note, your current website is not friendly and I never visit it for that reason. This site is your best source for providing info. and or I speak directly with Dan. That's just me........

snakeplissken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get the value of Twitter...I doubt that many viper owners would be interested in what is going on in your shop every 15 minutes. It would be a waste of your valuable time. I agree with SkyBob, but I'll take it a step further...Twitter is for losers...who wants to know what someone else is doing every minute of every day? And these people are linked to hundreds/thousands of other people and they get twitter messages from all these people all day long...you've got to be kidding me!
I agree its ridiculous

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's something we really need more of...instant knowledge of even more negativity in the world...I don't watch a minute of the news for just that reason. It's full of war, murders, other violent crimes, CEOs and other people screwing over the working class...I try my best to keep all this negativity out of my life. I belive that I'm a happier person for it...I will admit that I stay out of the loop on some issues, but they are primarily things that I can't do anything about.

You might think different if your child was abducted, but I guess if you don't hear about it, then it really didn't happen anyway. Selectivity and discrimination is the key, some information is better delivered as fast as possible. CEO's screwing up has no immediate value.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frankly, I have no experience with Twitter. I was about to look into it because of this thread. But after reading that Ashton Kutcher uses it I decided to abandon it altogether. Sorry DC. :D

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who is the child abduction information being delivered to? A bunch of people on twitter...nobody that I know uses twitter. What are these people on twitter receiving this information going to do about it? Are they going to posse up, and start throwing up road blocks...get a clue!

You might think different if your child was abducted, but I guess if you don't hear about it, then it really didn't happen anyway. Selectivity and discrimination is the key, some information is better delivered as fast as possible. CEO's screwing up has no immediate value.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I briefly looked into it but lost interest fast. If you really want to sit at your computer and read what someone else is doing minute by minute, then you need to get a hobby.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who is the child abduction information being delivered to? A bunch of people on twitter...nobody that I know uses twitter. What are these people on twitter receiving this information going to do about it? Are they going to posse up, and start throwing up road blocks...get a clue!

The "child abduction" example is an excellent way for Twitter to be useful. Another example is approaching tornadoes, etc. and if we were back in the cold war we could be given advance notice of air raids, but nowadays we'll probably be nuked before we know it's coming. In defence of Twitter, it's only been in existance a few months. We're seeing the birth of new forms of communication and who knows how it will play out in the next 50 years.

... after reading that Ashton Kutcher uses it I decided to abandon it altogether. Sorry DC. :D

Not a resounding endorsement, huh?

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, good luck with the twitter. Are you also on Facebook, MySpace and SecondLife. Let me guess, your TV is on 10 hours a day?...when do you have time to actually live life instead of reading about it and watching it?

The "child abduction" example is an excellent way for Twitter to be useful. Another example is approaching tornadoes, etc. and if we were back in the cold war we could be given advance notice of air raids, but nowadays we'll probably be nuked before we know it's coming. In defence of Twitter, it's only been in existance a few months. We're seeing the birth of new forms of communication and who knows how it will play out in the next 50 years.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, good luck with the twitter. Are you also on Facebook, MySpace and SecondLife. Let me guess, your TV is on 10 hours a day?...when do you have time to actually live life instead of reading about it and watching it?

But I don't USE Twitter. Check my previous posts. I think I made that clear. No, I'm not on Facebook, MySpace or SecondLife (what's that?) either. Yes, my TV is on 10 hours a day but only on rainy days when I can't get the Viper out of the garage.

I do live life. If you want a thrill I'll take you with me skydiving.

Bob

V

Venomiss

That's funny, but after 30 sec's I could'nt continue to watch it.

Honestly, If you guys have updates Brandon you should just have a "What's new at our shop" type of space on your current website. All these personal sites just create more confusion. I could just imagine.............well I saw it on Facebook, but they said something else on Twitter and the VCA site had additional info. but I got the rest of the story on MySpace :crazy2:.

As a side note, your current website is not friendly and I never visit it for that reason. This site is your best source for providing info. and or I speak directly with Dan. That's just me........

Maybe Don Boston could help with your website and making it more "user" friendly.
He's done many including this one.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, but skydiving isn't getting a lot of good press here in Colorado...some recent deaths. Good luck though...nothing is going to get me to do that (or bungee jumping or base diving...not my kind of thrill)...my excuse is that I'm not interested in dying...in reality...I'm chicken :D.

I do live life. If you want a thrill I'll take you with me skydiving.
Bob

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A lot of people probably thought that about radio. Who is going it sit around and listen? Yet today, the Amber Alert program is responsible for over 400 successful child recoveries for a program which just broadcasts alerts into the air. I am not advocating Twitter. It is too young a technology and as you state accurately it is not pervasive enough today for effective use for this, but technology changes and information distribution evolves at a rapid rate. My original statement was not to discount new information sharing technologies. But we are way off topic from the original post. Time to agree to disagree and leave it at that.