Anyone put Stryker heads on a new Coupe?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Anyone put Stryker heads on a new Coupe and maybe add a cam, intake, exhaust and tuning?

Wondering what the hp / tq increases are.

I'll bet his puts you close to 600 hp.:headbang:

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo President. I would think it should make well over 600. I just got My 97 GTS back from DC Performance and it is making 575 RWHP.

Speedy G

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan, i no someone who put strykers on there car and then we put xlr8 heads on mine and i think we got 30hp more and i think half the money so why dont you pm him and talk to him

Chris

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nah... but we don't respond well to (pardon the pun) snake-oil out here. spill the beans on the heads... new casting or stock re-ports? inquiring minds certainly want to know!

JD

Agreed.

copper57head vbmenu_register("postmenu_2452719", true); ,

I have no skin in the game, no one stepped on my toes, but when someone rambles off some **** some of the long standing guys havent heard of, it begs a few question... those questions were just asked.

If someone has a better head for less, AMEN.. thats what I say... but I wont hold my breath on this.. given your a newbie :D

Jon

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id still like to see what greg good can do to a striker head.

and please tell us about this xlr8 head

Carleton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would like to hear about the xlr8 heads too.

ViperX, you have a PM.

Carleton
2005 Comm. Ed. #56
Mopar Race Ex. Mopar Shifter
K&N Filters, 170* T-Stat
Quaife, 355's, Al. Flywheel
Asanti 20" AF112s, PS2s
2002RT (Sold)

Kevin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, i no someone who put strykers on there car and then we put xlr8 heads on mine and i think we got 30hp more and i think half the money so why dont you pm him and talk to him

Chris
What was your dyno? And on what kind of dyno? Please give us more info on these XLR8 heads....available for Gen II ??

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
XLR8 is a user on these boards who seems to build Viper engines, but doesn't post much. I would imagine that would be your guy.

OP
OP
Viper X

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Camfab,

Come on out to Willow Springs this weekend and let's see those ponies in action! Your engine definitely responded very well to your mods.

Getting to 600 rwhp isn't easy with a stock bottom end.

When I started this post, I was looking for ways to get to 600 + flywheel hp, so that I wouldn't get destroyed by guys with the new 2008's.

Any other guys out there with 575 + rwhp on a stock bottom end?

If so, how did you do this?

Dan:headbang:

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
600rwhp can be had on a stock bottom end. It's just a matter of how you want to do it. You can do it the easy way using F/I (roe, paxton or tubos) OR the hard way N/A.

I know of a larger single Turbo Viper making 950+rwhp on a STOCK motor (or so they say.)

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
600rwhp can be had on a stock bottom end. It's just a matter of how you want to do it. You can do it the easy way using F/I (roe, paxton or tubos) OR the hard way N/A.

I know of a larger single Turbo Viper making 950+rwhp on a STOCK motor (or so they say.)

Disturbed, when you say the hard way, I'm guessing you mean labor intensive. If that's what you mean, I guess you are correct. It's also probably going to cost more as well, BUT and I mean BUT it's probably the easier method in the end. The reason I say this, is because the majority of the car stays with stock or similar to stock systems. No new computer or piggy back system that youv'e got to mess with. N/A motors are not as fickle as blown or turbo engines, factory fuel sysytems remain UNTOUCHED up to 600+ rwhp. All stock emmissions components can stay in there original untouched state. No additional weight over the front end, no methanol injection or other failure prone impractical add ons.

Believe me when I say I agonized over the decision to go N/A or blown. Had I had a forged car, I would have gone with the Roe System. Primarily because I am one of those nuts that likes to tinker. In my case though, owning a cast motor car as well as an ACR, I felt that going blown would result in a destroyed motor. This is because I know myself, and I would have immediately turned up the boost. I also felt like I wanted to keep within the original framework of the car. I thought an ACR should remain a handler, and I should not add additional weight (100+ lbs) on the frontend. The Paxton was very tempting because it has CARB certification, but it has a few items that I just can't get past. In my opinion the bar that's provided with the kit to replace the factory crossbar, comprimises the rigidity of the frontend. The air intake setup and fittings do not meet my standards either.

So what I'm saying is that, no matter how you slice it, it's going to cost you in the end. My car runs best on good old 91 octane. No detonation, no hassles, no crank pins etc., blower heat soak and it looks stock. It would have cost a small fortune if someone else had done all the work, but that's what I love to do.

Willow sounds awesome, though we've got family coming into town this weekend. Who knows maybe I'll sneek out!;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang