Anyone replaced the carpet on the inside of their door panel?

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine is looking pretty worn on the driver's side. It looks like it could maybe be coaxed off the panel without wrecking the vinyl on the top half of the door. Has anyone done this? Does Dodge sell the replacement carpet piece?

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any local upholstry shop should be able to it. A friend of Dansauto did both my panels for $50. Looks much better. Even when it was new it looks like a$$. :(
2222InteriorDoorPanel1.JPG

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am doing my bottom half in alcantara suede, I have Connoly leather interior in my GTS. Should look hot..

OP
OP
N

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What would damage the carpet in an area like that? Heat?

Just the drivers leg or foot brushing constantly against that area entering and exiting. Plus it would be getting cleaned 10 times as often as the passenger door rag. The carpet on my driver's side looks like moss. The passenger side panel looks perfect. That is why I want to try to match the original.

OP
OP
N

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am doing my bottom half in alcantara suede, I have Connoly leather interior in my GTS. Should look hot..

It will look great to begin with but wouldn't suede be more vulnerable to wear? That is why the door carpet goes hairy in the first place.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A quick albeit temporary fix is to shave it....try a #1 or even #1/2 trimmer. The leather treatment looks pretty sweet though.

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nuck, no alcantara is not real leather suede, it is very like it, however easier to maintain and last longer without being so delicate. It is used in all the high end exotics.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang