Anyone running 20's up front.....

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been given an opportunity to pick up my dream wheels at a really good price, only issue is they would be 20's all around. Wondering if this would cause any problems/issues? Also I assume I would never be able to track it. Would be nice to hear anyones experience as well.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You'll have to cut the wheels when you close the hood and if you have PS2s in the rear don't lower it. Nittos are fine (25 sidewall) with a 1" drop but the PS2s are too tall.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Limit has 20s all around. I personally prefer the look of the staggered sizes, but a lot of guys swear by 20s. Matt from Speedwerkz rocks 20s all around; you can see his cars on the iForged site (the black/anthracite RT/10 and graphite/anthracite GTS).

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have 20's all the way around. That was how it was when I got it.

No issues really. My fronts just scrape. Turn the tires or just not pop it up all the way before lifting the clam.

Have tracked the car and seems to be good! I did find that the 3.73 rear did help with gearing/kick in the pants feel.

My only complaint: Your brakes will look very small though! :rolaugh: Also do consider that lowering the car will create rubbing. I will post a pic here of the somewhat 4x4 look the car gets. As it is with 20's on the rear, on really good bumps, the tires have been known to rub.

Anything else you want or need to know?

Here are a few shots of what they look like:

DSC_4945.JPG

IMGA02121.JPG

DSC_0194.JPG

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only complaint: Your brakes will look very small though!

DSC_0194.JPG

Yes. Your brakes do look very small. Not as bad as this but the image is what stands out.

You must be registered for see images

It's a Viper not bling. Please put some substance into the big wheel fad and get some big brakes in there.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only complaint: Your brakes will look very small though! :rolaugh: Also do consider that lowering the car will create rubbing. I will post a pic here of the somewhat 4x4 look the car gets. As it is with 20's on the rear, on really good bumps, the tires have been known to rub.

Your 20's in the back rub on good bumps or the 20's in the front?

How much dish do you have in the back with the big brakes? Thanks!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your 20's in the back rub on good bumps or the 20's in the front?

How much dish do you have in the back with the big brakes? Thanks!

Rears. They tend to rub on the edge of the fender. I have not had the issue. I attribute it to the ACR stiff springs.

No big brakes on the car. I have the kit that was going to be installed, but due to other reasons, I have to sell the kit. Never got them installed. :(

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So is your car lowered with eibachs or anything or no? I do have the Big Brake Kit on my car and have 19s front and 20s rear.. ps2s and considering lowering my car with eibachs. I posted a thread on this last month but saw your post just now so I thought I'd ask anyway. I figured my car would most likely rub on eibachs if I hit a bump, but I baby my car a lot, when I'm not having fun with it so I figured I'd rather go with a better "lower" look considering I play it safe most of the time anyway.

Have 20's all the way around. That was how it was when I got it.

No issues really. My fronts just scrape. Turn the tires or just not pop it up all the way before lifting the clam.

Have tracked the car and seems to be good! I did find that the 3.73 rear did help with gearing/kick in the pants feel.

Anything else you want or need to know?

Here are a few shots of what they look like:

DSC_4945.JPG

IMGA02121.JPG

DSC_0194.JPG

OP
OP
G

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
His car is not lowered. If you plan to purchase Eibachs I just bought a set off a forum member but decided to go with KW since I'm going 20/20. If you're interested I have them for sale, PM me.

So is your car lowered with eibachs or anything or no? I do have the Big Brake Kit on my car and have 19s front and 20s rear.. ps2s and considering lowering my car with eibachs. I posted a thread on this last month but saw your post just now so I thought I'd ask anyway. I figured my car would most likely rub on eibachs if I hit a bump, but I baby my car a lot, when I'm not having fun with it so I figured I'd rather go with a better "lower" look considering I play it safe most of the time anyway.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only have 20s on the rear. I've been told by several people who have done it, that you can still lower it with 19s in front and 20s in rear. Some say they think its fine, others see a little rubbing. This might be a matter of personal preference, but are you saying that's not a good idea for a 19 and 20 setup or are you referring to not lowering if you have 20s in both the front and rear?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You cant lower if you have 20's. If you do, you will rub. As it is stock height you may rub.

I do not rub as I have the stiff ACR springs. That prevents the rub on the bumps.

Speaking rear for rubbing.

johncbourg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No issues..Except maybe I'm Ghetto :rolaugh:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! You have my exact car and same wheels haha... that looks great! So what did you do? Just put Eibachs on or did you do caps too or any type of shocks?

No issues..Except maybe I'm Ghetto :rolaugh:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You cant lower if you have 20's. If you do, you will rub. As it is stock height you may rub.

I do not rub as I have the stiff ACR springs. That prevents the rub on the bumps.

Speaking rear for rubbing.

How much are ACR Springs or any springs for that matter that will lower the car and prevent rubbing?

I was looking for a quick cheap fix to lower the car this summer, thats why I was seeking out Eibachs or possibly caps. I figured I could at least try them and if I hate the way it feels, I could always switch back and sell the springs if need be. Some people have told me they do Eibachs AND caps...

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was also wondering, if it's just a completely better idea all together to just wait on getting the car lowered and spend more $$ and just buy the KW variant 2 coilovers which I heard were around $2500 for the full setup to lower the car. That way the ride is way better and no rubbing.. I'm assuming the KW would prevent rubbing right?

EMnuke123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am also lowered on with eibachs with 20s all the way around and i have pretty much no issues except my brakes look small.