Anyone running Randomtech catback

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon has just about convinced me to abandon corsa and go for the randomtech. He sent me a sound clip which sounds pretty awesome.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jon has just about convinced me to abandon corsa and go for the randomtech. He sent me a sound clip which sounds pretty awesome.

YIKES ! Corsa remains our # 1 seller.
Random Tech is our # 1 best VALUE.
The sound is quite different, but EITHER one sounds 503% better than STOCK!

MacManInfi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have it and love it. Awesome is the only way to describe it. No raspiness, deep sound, just pure muscle with a hint of exotic thrown in. No drone on the freeway. You'd have a really hard time convincing me to go with anything else now. Dynoed today, smooth tubes, K&Ns, Edelbrock Headers, Random-Tech cats and catback. My 97 put down 439.9 rwhp and 484.4 rwtrq. I'm very happy with the results.

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the random tech cat back with the random tech hi flow cats. It's loud but I like it. It is noticable when you are trying to have a conversation. I suspect any after market exhaust will be the same way and I like the note of the Random Tech. No drone.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My buddy has it on his car, the system sounds great and it looks good. If I had one grip about it, I wish they had the two tips closer together.

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the random tech cats and full random tech catback with TNT headers. Car sounds awesome and quality is excellent! The tips look like the Corsa as I was parked next to another Viper with corsa and they looked the same. You will love it, listen to Jon B! Everyone I see at Viper events ask what exhuast I have and love it. Good Luck!

:2tu:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the RT cat-back sound. Even before Rich had them w/ the TNT headers, he had them w/ stock headers and it sounded awesome.

I have a borla cat-back on my car and i keep telling myself that one day i'll get the RT's. just haven't had the time/energy as of late to do it.

but IMHO, the RT's sound better than the Corsa.

JD

97 B/W GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good. Deep at idle. I like.

Hey Wastintim, do you know if Jon has any headers? Or just the RT high flow metallic substrate cats and exhaust?

And do you know any details on his muffler setup?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good. Deep at idle. I like.

Hey Wastintim, do you know if Jon has any headers? Or just the RT high flow metallic substrate cats and exhaust?

And do you know any details on his muffler setup?

Hey, I think Wastin wont mind if I answer this one for Jon.. hey wait a minute I am the Jon. Keep in mind as he stated above, the Jon he was referencing was me (Jon A), not Jon B. So if Corsa is watching Jon B is not pulling sales from you guys :D

The system on the 2002 ACR that I owned (sold to a guy on this site) had B&B 1 3/4 headers with 5 to 1 burns collector, Random Tech High Flow Metal Substrate Cats, and Random Tech Cat Back.

I loved that sound a LOT more then I did the FULL B&B exhaust system that I bought initially a few months after buying the car back in 02. I disliked it so much, I actually went back to stock, and only years later, did the B&B w/ Random Tech combo deal. Its the best sounding Gen 2, in my opinion.

Jon

BoeingMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

YIKES ! Corsa remains our # 1 seller.
Random Tech is our # 1 best VALUE.
The sound is quite different, but EITHER one sounds 503% better than STOCK!

I'm running the random tech system. I am going to have to disagree with John however. They only sound 502.982% better...but I really don't want to split hairs :)

Your will be pleased :2tu:

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The system on the 2002 ACR that I owned (sold to a guy on this site) had B&B 1 3/4 headers with 5 to 1 burns collector, Random Tech High Flow Metal Substrate Cats, and Random Tech Cat Back.

Jon

I have this exact system, B&B headers with full random tech exhuast, and high flow cats. It's not the loudest system by any means but the sound is very nice. I think there is a little drone, but that doesn't bother me. I think you will be happy.

90652005July17_2.JPG