anyone selling a gen 1 soft top?

VIPER1996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a Gen 1 soft top in good condition! My car came with hard top and I would like to have soft top for those unexpected showers!

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPER1994,
BE absolutely sure of the soft top part numbers that will work for your car, if you haven't already.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All soft tops will work for Gen 1's. It basically is the front pins that are different. It should be noted that the pins are adjustable with two settings (i believe)(depth) if you take them apart. I bought a hardtop with different pins that were too short so I took the pins off my softop to use on my hardtop. You can buy new pins from Dodge - try Chuck Tator - i believe they are under $70 for both.

FRANK RT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a perfect condition soft top from my 94 that I dont need. I bought a hard top so I have no use for it. One of the side supports that are made out of plastic or fiberglass I am not sure is cracked in half but would be an easy fix I am told. other than that the top is perfect. email me at [email protected] I am sure we can come to a good deal for you.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have brand spankin new sort top still in the box.
no tire kickers.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hemi,

And I bet you want an arm and a leg for the top. I bet you're asking over 2 grand for it.
I remember emailing you approximately two years ago about a set of Michelin XGTs and you wanted like $2,000+ for a set of four because they were brand new in the bag. Maybe someone will pay that in the year 2020 when they are worried about a judge and date codes at the Mopar Nats. But then again, there are alot of fools out there...

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPER1994 hold onto your seat man! You're about to get price gouged once you hear from him...lol...

Brand new in the box = I want top dollar and I am not negotiable
No tire kickers = Apparently alot of people know he's asking way too much and people walk away!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats what is great about Dodge Products. They only make so many, then they stop supporting the older stuff. Its kinda like a Hemidaytona if ya gotta ask how much you probably can't afford it. Yes it is new in the box, call your local dodge dealer and see how much they are and then give me a call. Frank isn't your top broken (but it can be fixed?) If it was an easy fix get it done and sell it to frank.

FRANK RT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are two Franks posting here and I am the one from above that offered my top for sale that is in perfect cond except for one side post is broke (can be fixed easy) I purchased a hard top and will sell this soft top for $500 cash or trade for vipermania side windows If I do the trade I will also throw in perfect factory side windows. thanks if anyone is intrested email me at [email protected]

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank in Jew Jersey & Viper 1994. Call your local Dodge Dealer. Ask them for the part number and then ask them how much this part is. Let me know what they say even if they make them anymore. If you don't want to make the call, make me an offer.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Chuck Tator and get 20% off your new top and no shipping charge! Probably much cheaper then the one Hemidaytona is selling. Otherwise buy a nice used one. I'd sell you mine but I fear that in 20 years if I were to sell it today someone will be asking $5,000 for a used one!

I see them selling for under $1,000 on EBay. Good luck - you'll find one trust me.