Anyone w/ a Roe Supercharged GTS from Detroit race a Supra the other night?

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to be a muck-raker, but don't you guys have a dragstrip nearby to race at.

It's totally legal and there are no excuses of the timing not being right or traffic getting in the way.

Plus everything lays out neat and readable on the timeslip.

-Dean.
I agree. Talk is cheap. Put up or shut up. Go to a nearby drag strip, and report back to us when it's settled.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never even saw you on WW just your FAT little buddy MCMM....

He said FAT. :laugh: :laugh: I'm laughing so hard that my love-handled sides are
splitting. You forgot to say I also have a slight receding hairline. This whole thread is hilarious. When another dude calls me fat, I guess it's time to start that diet and exercise program I've been putting off for the last few years. I'm 5' 10" and 190 lbs right now, so you're right Jeff -I guess I could stand to drop about 15. Damn desk job is killing my once mean and lean looking figure. Jenny Craig here I come. Look out Oprah. Hooooowaaaaaaaaahhhhh.

I can't believe how this whole thing has transgressed. It started off with my original post wanting to know if the owner of that LeMans Viper was on this board because I sincerely liked the car and wanted to check it out. Plus he had the Roe supercharger I was thinking of getting. I could care less about what transpired in the street race between the Viper and the Supra. There is always someone out there with a faster car and even though I wish I had the fastest car on the road I could care less one way or the other if I beat someone in a street race or if they beat me. It's all fun. How we got to this point I do not know.

Well, I gotta go now, going to go for a couple mile jog and try out this new Jenny Craig diet. Here I've been spending all this money trying to shed a few pounds in weight off my Viper when I could have just shed a few pounds off my asp. :D

meggleto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeffrey,

No one is worried about you starting a fight trust me. If you could read in context you'd see that I didn't want to have to finish the fight.

You have got to be the either one of the dumbest people in the world or one of the most naive. Either Dumb got Dumber pregnant and you were the result OR your Mom is a blonde and you look just like her.

Here's why....

If I lived in Detroit and I were talking trash to a guy on the road and pulled over into a gas station.
Then I noticed that the guy positioned his car with an obstruction between me and him.
Then I noticed he also positioned the car so that his car door was facing away from me.
Then I noticed that the guy popped his trunk.
Then I noticed that the guy left his car running and facing an exit.
Then I noticed that the guy got out of his car and was kinda young for the car he was driving and the car had all the expensive stuff on it.
Then I noticed that the guy was very fit.
Then I noticed that the guy was wearing a size 48 suit coat when he should be wearing a size 44.
Then I noticed that it's odd he's wearing a suit on a 90deg day and it's a weekend.
Then I noticed the guy walked to his trunk and looked me over for a sec.
Then I noticed that the guy unbuttoned his jacket.
Then I noticed the guy walked over to the trunk of my car and inspected it for contents.
Then I noticed that the guy walked toward me holding his suit coat together.

I wouldn't be scared of the guy but I would show him a little respect because I would want him to respect me.

But of course with your street IQ you probably noticed none of that.

meggleto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are going to type this-

I won't even mention how he responded when he and his little friend (also with a Viper) saw me walking toward them during the week of the Woodward Dream Cruise because someone with his IQ (help with pictures ring a bell Jeff?) and missing-link personality would try to disprove his reaction by trying to start a fight.

Don't show your IQ with this-

There's no since in a little trash talking from a Domestic Rice Viper owner getting out of hand.

:p

And one other thing, rice only refers to Japanese or Asian cars. When will you ricers learn? :cool:

Stir the ***..........

Finding one typo in a long note is not a sign of a person's intelligence but you already knew that and were just trying to stir things up.

Also I understand you are a domestic owner and probably not up to date on slang so I can understand your confusion over me calling Jeffrey's car rice. Yes domestic cars can be rice. It's a style/look and not a manufacturer. If you looked it up in Websters there would be a picture of Jeff's car and a bunch of Honda's and Toyota's that look very similar.

Even if you look at it logically and ignore slang your argument doesn't make "since". The greedy American's running Chrysler sold the company to receive immediate wealth and then ran off. DCX is an Import company with owners that don't speak English and live across the ocean. I root for the domestics myself but if you look at it there is no Chrysler anymore just DCX. The Daimler is listed before the Chrysler for obvious reasons. If I sound a little bitter about Chryco being sold out it's because I am bitter that the American owners sold out a Big 3 company just to get a golden parachute payment.

Now if you twist it and say that Chrysler cars made in the US are domestic and can't be rice (your definition of rice) then I guess that means that all the Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans, etc can't be rice because they are made in the US also.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My last post here, thread is OT as it is.

The term rice goes back more then 25 years. How far I am not sure. It was first used to describe *** bikes when they started being ridden here. It was a term coined by Harley riders.

So in fact any car, truck, or motorcycle made by or in Japan or any Asian country is rice.

Just another example of kids today thinking they are the first at something.

So unless someone wants to tell the Harley riders of old they did come up with the term I would think that you need to realize that you drive rice and are a ricer. Plain and simple.

As far as DC goes, who here lost money in stocks with the DC "merger"? :rolleyes:

Reply if you like, out of respect for others my high-jack is over.

Sorry guys.......

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MCMM.....This is all in fun I hope you know......When the time comes for you to do your S/C get ahold of me and I will give you any help you need. As far as MEGAN, You Are the BIGGEST JACK-*** I have ever met and If you say one more word about my mother( who died at age 36) I will find you, and KICK YOUR *** all over the City. If you don't believe me TRY ME! You STUPID MFer

meggleto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MCMM.....This is all in fun I hope you know......When the time comes for you to do your S/C get ahold of me and I will give you any help you need. As far as MEGAN, You Are the BIGGEST JACK-*** I have ever met and If you say one more word about my mother( who died at age 36) I will find you, and KICK YOUR *** all over the City. If you don't believe me TRY ME! You STUPID MFer

Jeff,

Sorry to hear about your Mom. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Trash talk is a sport in my world. You started trash talk when I met you on the road. Then you started it again in the 1st thread. I refrained from talking trash in the 1st thread. I thought this matter was done and then I saw more trash talking on 2 forums. If you are so sensitive then you shouldn't trash talk like you do. I have a soft spot for a man loving his Mom. In honor of your Mom I tried to strike the post from this board (moderator will have to do it for me) and I will ignore you and your statements past present and future.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MCMM.....This is all in fun I hope you know......When the time comes for you to do your S/C get ahold of me and I will give you any help you need.

No problem Jeff. I am a pretty light hearted guy with a sense of humor, so I have not been offended by these proceedings. I might just take you up on the Roe SC help offer when the time comes if I run into any problems.

meggleto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My last post here, thread is OT as it is.

The term rice goes back more then 25 years. How far I am not sure. It was first used to describe *** bikes when they started being ridden here. It was a term coined by Harley riders.

So in fact any car, truck, or motorcycle made by or in Japan or any Asian country is rice.

Just another example of kids today thinking they are the first at something.

So unless someone wants to tell the Harley riders of old they did come up with the term I would think that you need to realize that you drive rice and are a ricer. Plain and simple.

As far as DC goes, who here lost money in stocks with the DC "merger"? :rolleyes:

Reply if you like, out of respect for others my high-jack is over.

Sorry guys.......

I don't think the kids today were first to think of rice. Slang is an evolving language and what might mean one thing 10 years ago usually evolves to a different meaning over time and so I'm using the current version. So to my generation rice means a look/style and to your generation it means import. To you my car is rice and I'm a ricer. To me a car with a paint job, stickers, speakers, tv panel, and big wing is rice and the driver is a ricer. If you stretch it I could fit both ricer definitions.

Last time I calculated it I was out a little over $360K because of the Mercedes take over of Chrysler and that includes the off set of revenue I got from selling my Dodge out of anger. I could have bought several SRT's. I initially took a killing on Ford also but have made most of it back by selling and getting back in when it was in the $7 range. My GM stock is the only one right now that has made me a nice chunk of $ since I transfered some of my back-up stash into it when it was low.

There shouldn't be any concern over hi-jacking this thread given it's level of maturity. Growing up I sadly saw a lot of people come and leave early but it gave me street wisdom to recognize the personalities that'll draw you into doing something you may (or may not depending on your morals) regret later. I think I called where this was headed in the first thread. Does this sound about right for the level of maturity of this thread?

:cool: My dad just bought a supacharger for his viper and it's the most fastest car in the world.

:) My dad's car has a really big huge super sized turbo and his car is the fastest in the world

:cool: My dad's car has 700hp

:) MY dad's car has 700hp

:cool: My dad's car is faster than your dad's car

:) No it's not

:cool: I betcha it is

:) I betcha 100 dollars it aint

:cool: I betcha a hundred billion gazillion dollars my dad's car is faster than your dad's car

:) You're stupid my dad's car would eat your dad's car up

:cool: I'm not stupid and by the way your friend is a fatso and you're ***

:) Yo mama

:cool: Don't talk about my momma or I'm gonna kick your ***!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time I calculated it I was out a little over $360K because of the Mercedes take over of Chrysler and that includes the off set of revenue I got from selling my Dodge out of anger.

Wow! Depending on when you bought and sold that is probably around 100k shares.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How'd you LOSE? I put in the order to buy Chrysler stock before the open the morning of the announced merger/buyout, and sold at a $6/share profit 1-2 days later for an E-Z $6K profit. Is this the Dodge you sold? http://mich-dsm.eagletalon.net/members/memberinfo.cfm?ID=28 Seems the tone of the thread is the same, now it's investment savvy rather than horsepower that's being bantered...

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty good invest(igat)or Richard.

How can someone that states a $360k loss count the sale of a 92 Talon, or anything similar? I do not get it. But it does look like meggleto has been a rice boy back to the time when rice meant Japanese to just about anyone.

I may have overestimated the number of shares. If someone was crazy enough to buy at the high and sell at the low, say around an $80 per share loss, would have only had about 4500 shares. But of course the question would be could anyone ever be that poor of an investor. Hmmm.

meggleto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty good invest(igat)or Richard.

How can someone that states a $360k loss count the sale of a 92 Talon, or anything similar? I do not get it. But it does look like meggleto has been a rice boy back to the time when rice meant Japanese to just about anyone.

I may have overestimated the number of shares. If someone was crazy enough to buy at the high and sell at the low, say around an $80 per share loss, would have only had about 4500 shares. But of course the question would be could anyone ever be that poor of an investor. Hmmm.

The vehicle I sold was a truck not an Eagle or else I would have said Eagle. The loss is a net loss which includes things like tax penalties, sale of vehicles, etc. so that's why I can count the sale of the truck. These 2 terms are not equal "Last time I calculated it I was out a little over $360K because of the Mercedes take over" and "Last time I calculated it I was out a little over $360K in stock because of the Mercedes take over". Re-reading the post I guess I could have started a new paragraph when I started talking about stocks.

I did lose a lot in stock based on when I bought them but I guess I can't totally blame that on the merger because the economy has something to do with it also. Was there some poor investing? Yes. I'd be fooling myself if I didn't admit it. You could even call it lack of investing because the $ was just sitting there and wasn't traded. I know several that lost over half of their investments over the last few years which amounts to more than I lost. The fact that people lost more than me doesn't exclude what happened from being qualified as poor investing or poor financial planning though. However you want to bin it I'm still out over $360K when it comes to DCX and could have bought several SRT's.