Anyone w/ a Roe Supercharged GTS from Detroit race a Supra the other night?

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I raced a Black Supra Saturday night coming home from the Regional Rondevous. I smacked the guy around with my S/C Exhaust fumes. I tried to read the post but couldn't get on the site. His Name is MEGGELETTO or something like that. I would love to see what he wrote. I will race him ANYWHERE ANY TIME. HE Knows that too. MEGAN MEGAN come out come out where ever you are.

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm coming home from the Awards Banquet driving down 75 I see this black supra with a vanity plate that reads DRKMAN or something like it. Any one who has seen or heard my car knows its all business. This guy Dressed in a suit is driving and he wants to play. Far be it for me to deny him his wish. Besides isn't that why we build up ouor cars? To teach our bretheren humility and to be humbled by the ALL MIGHTY. So he pulls up next to me on SQ lake rd. I shake my head no thanks, but he is very persistant. I tell him "YOU CAN'T WIN" He says yes I can so I pu;; off at the corner of WW and SQ LK at the Shell station. I get out of my car and walk over to his car. He has one of those computers hooked up like they had on FAST and FURIOUS. I then walked over tomy car and popped the hood. He says oh a Roe S/C I said yes it is. He said I can beat yuy bad. Little did he know what else I had lurking under my snakes skin. This guy had a real Napolean complex I could tell. And Look he drives a Supra. So we wnt out north on WW he wanted to go from a 30 roll. Perfect for me in second gear. I waited for his downshift and his car to lunge forward and away we went. My second gear pulls really great to about 97MPH I short shifted him because I could see his light in my rear mirror. In third I started to pull hard but had to get off it around 4800 rpm because I was closing in on traffic too quickly. I turned around to go the other way and this guy had the nerve to tell me to "GET MORE BOOST" what an azzzzz. Any way we bantered back and forth on this site for about a week. I never saw what the little guy in the little car wrote. Any one who knows me personally will know that I tell it like it is. If I would have lost, two things would have happened. First I would have admitted it. Secondly and much more importantly. My car would be getting a different camshaft a 12 lb pulley and NOS.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lookie lookie

Ran a supercharged Viper
I don't normally post stories but this was kinda funny because this guy was doing his best to make Viper owners look like jerks and he was one of those guys that hadn't realized that there's always someone faster but you just have to hope you don't run into them. Luckily I know not all Viper owners are jerks because he put on a convincing display.

I was driving home from the WNBA basketball game Friday and decided to head down toward Woodward. So I'm heading down the hwy and then I hear this really loud car merge into traffic from just behind me. The car goes flying by me on my right and I see that it's a competition coupe version of the Viper GTS. I immediately see him as being easy prey so I down shifted and
followed him while he was flying through traffic. We both got off at the Woodward exit. We were in traffic and the light turned red so I got over and got beside him. He immediately looks over at me and emphatically says "You don't have a chance! There's NO way you can beat me!" So I tell him that I think I've got a pretty good chance of beating him. He then says even more emphatically "There's NO WAY you can beat me!" You don't
know what I've got under my hood." So I tell him that he doesn't know what I've got under my hood either. So he says "I know about those cars and there's no way in $ell that you can beat me! I just dynoed yesterday and I've got 700hp" and I say that if we both take off at the same time I think I've got a pretty good chance against him. So the light has turned green by now and
all the cars have been honking behind us because we're being ghetto and holding up traffic while talking on a busy street. So I say we'd better go and he pulls off and I get behind him. He then spontaneously decides to pull into the gas station at the corner. So I pull in and we both hop out of the cars. I walk over and tell him he's talking big trash and say he must have a Doug Levin supercharger to be talking that much trash. Then I asked
him if he knew my friend Sean and he said yeah. So I told him that I work with Sean and he said "Yeah but you don't know me and if we race you're gonna know me then!" While saying that he's opening his hood. So he gets the hood open and I immediately recognize the Roe supercharger kit that Sean's been
wanting to buy. It was the cheaper unpolished version but I was being nice so I didn't rag on the guy for getting the cheap version. Then this guy in a CFIV Camaro comes over and asks if we are going to race. We both say "No"and then quietly I asked him if he's game. He says just name the place and asks how much money are we betting. I said I'll race him but not for
money. Then I said a little north of here should be a safe spot and I tell him that we'll go from about 35mph and he says that sounds good and we take off.
I thought about raising the boost but figured I wouldn't because I wanted to see how close the car was with the boost the way I normally drive and not with it at max pump gas level. We get to the spot and line up at about 37mph and I ask him if he's ready. He says yeah and I reach over to turn my Sade CD off and I hear "Waaaahhhhhhhh" and look over and the guy is already taking off!

I thought since he was so cocky that I had no chance that he'd let me do the 1-2-3 count and then we'd go even like I had said before or he'd at least let me go first since I have "No Chance!". So I immediately floor the car and by the time I react and build boost his rear end is a little ahead of my front end. I run even with him through 2nd gear, quickly shift into 3rd and the car fish tails but I keep it floored. The car gets back in line and continues on and then he finally has to shift and I jump a little closer but still not gaining on him once he got on the gas again. Basically I ended up right where I was when I realized the guy had jumped the gun and taken a head start. Finally we both let off and I pull up next to him and say it looked pretty even to me. He says "Yeah but I was in front!". I'm thinking that's because your chicken butt wouldn't wait for an even start but I say "That's just because you left first. After I hit the gas you didn't leave me one bit." Then I said "If we ran even I think I would have beaten you." It probably would have been the same result except I would have been the one in front when it was over but since he went from "There's NO WAY you can win!" to "Yeah but I was in front" I figured I'd give him something to think about. The guy didn't say anything this time and had kinda a scowl on his face. So I chuckle to myself, told him he needs more boost, waved good bye and headed back South to Woodward. I then called Sean and told him about it and he met me at our Woodward meeting spot. Later the guy drove by and Sean recognized the car and said he had seen him before but didn't really know him.

So that was my long version of my race with the supercharged Viper. After that encounter I think I'll be ok when Sean gets his supercharger because I was only running 18psi (AEM logged it) at that time and probably could have caught the guy if I turned it up 2psi while we were in the gas station. The car is dyno tuned to run 22psi on 94 Octane so I could have safely turned the boost up a little at the gas station and pulled on the guy. If anyone runs into the guy be aware that he's not very fair, a little rough with his manners but definately nothing to worry about for a well tuned single turbo Supra.

Mods: Buschur T66 turbo kit, Buschur fuel system, 6speed, AEM, BPU.

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone tell Megan to put up or shut up I have 5K that says "HE CAN'T WIN" 1/4 mile or a 1 mile run.BRING IT ON!!! YOU TINY LITTLE GUY WITH YOUR TINY LITTLE......CAR. WHO ELSE WANTS ACTION ON THIS. GET YOUR SUPRA BUDDIES TO PUT $$$$ ON YOU AND I'LL GET THE VIPER WORLD TO PUT $$$$$ ON ME. If you are not interested with playing with the big boys stay home with your mama! And stay off this site.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to register just to read that thread so I figured I would put his post here for others to see without having register.

Fry some rice proracer1

You must be registered for see images

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Need to post his story Just get him OUT here with some $$$$$$ and we will see what will happen.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the only way to settle this is Thunder Road... Oops wrong movie. In our case how about Lapeer Dragway???

I'm sure there would be a lot of people interested in the outcome.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just saw he dynoed in April 517rwhp and 510rwtq at 21psi.....He said he ran Pro at 18psi so he wasnt even makin 517hp at the time of the race. So Pro had to have been toying with him..Unless, of course, since April he did more upgrades to the Supra...But I doubt it...There is zero chance he could have pulled, like he said, on a Viper makin 680rwhp with only 517hp...I dont think he'll; accept the challenge, especially if its video taped....

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the Poopra guy was popping off not thinking that any Viper owners would be around reading his B.S.!! :rolleyes:
Go chace him down again, and make sure there isn't any traffic in front of you!
P.S. I love the trash talking before you ran him!! :D

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone tell Megan to put up or shut up I have 5K that says "HE CAN'T WIN" 1/4 mile or a 1 mile run.BRING IT ON!!! YOU TINY LITTLE GUY WITH YOUR TINY LITTLE......CAR. WHO ELSE WANTS ACTION ON THIS. GET YOUR SUPRA BUDDIES TO PUT $$$$ ON YOU AND I'LL GET THE VIPER WORLD TO PUT $$$$$ ON ME. If you are not interested with playing with the big boys stay home with your mama! And stay off this site.

Haaaaaaaa. No flame intended as I have met you Jeff and have no beef with you, plus I always root for the Vipers. But, Meggleto is not exactly a little guy, he's bigger than you. I work with him. He's also a member of this board. He likes to trash talk though, as I see you do too. We have raced several times with me in my Viper and him in his Supra. The first time was 2 or 3 years ago and from a roll and with my 3.55 gears we were about dead even. Now he has about 100 more rwhp than me and being that it is forced air he gets me pretty good from a roll. But, with your highly modded Viper properly tuned in and you gotten used to it, I don't doubt you could lay waste to his Supra. War on Supras!!!!!!! :D

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to be a muck-raker, but don't you guys have a dragstrip nearby to race at.

It's totally legal and there are no excuses of the timing not being right or traffic getting in the way.

Plus everything lays out neat and readable on the timeslip.

-Dean.

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MCMM...Trash talk is done by some one who CAN NOT back up his words. Do you think they call Ray Lewis a trash talker. how 'bout Shaq'. Or Gordy Howe or Darren Mc Carty....I think not YOu know why....'Cause they can back up what they say....Thats why. I don't talk the talk unless I can walk the walk.. Tell MEGAN to bring his car and his $$$$$ we can go to the strip and settle this there. Otherwise ****

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jerome, nice little graphic. I'm curious, what does your own domestic car run?;)

I wish we had some fast Vipers in AZ that liked to street race like Proracer!

I had to register just to read that thread so I figured I would put his post here for others to see without having register.

Fry some rice proracer1

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jerome, nice little graphic. I'm curious, what does your own domestic car run?;)

Fry some rice proracer1

Hey Supra

My domestic I just sold went low 8's. High 7's off the stop. :) Race car of course. :D My other domestic is my ******.

Want to buy my VR4? Have my Viper picked out and waiting for me to come up. I just need the last few $. I will not take a loan out for a car ever again.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very impressive.

VR4's are not my thing, good cars for states with "real" winters though. I agree on the loan thing, although I am about to get one to buy a truck this week, should just buy a Viper GTS instead;)

Fry some rice proracer1

Hey Supra

My domestic I just sold went low 8's. High 7's off the stop. :) Race car of course. :D My other domestic is my ******.

Want to buy my VR4? Have my Viper picked out and waiting for me to come up. I just need the last few $. I will not take a loan out for a car ever again.

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's a competition coupe version of the Viper GTS
Yeah, he knows a lot about Vipers. :rolleyes: I know he's your co-worker Motor City, so school him on Viper trivia. You can also be the man that hooks these two up for another race. Do it on the track, so you can get an easy vid, with proof of numbers on video and the timeslips to post.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MCMM...Trash talk is done by some one who CAN NOT back up his words. Do you think they call Ray Lewis a trash talker. how 'bout Shaq'. Or Gordy Howe or Darren Mc Carty....I think not YOu know why....'Cause they can back up what they say....Thats why. I don't talk the talk unless I can walk the walk.. Tell MEGAN to bring his car and his $$$$$ we can go to the strip and settle this there. Otherwise ****

Jeff, I hope that **** comment is not aimed at me, otherwise we are going to have a bit of a problem here. Lighten up Francis. :D

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MCMM
****.......that was meant for MEGAN....And do tell......If it were meant for you what kind of problems would that cause for me???

meggleto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeffrey,

I posted my last reply on this subject on the supra forums. You probably won't be able to figure out how to get in there and read it since you aren't the best with computers yet so maybe someone will post it on here for you or let you know what it says.

Later

Megan :)

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are going to type this-

I won't even mention how he responded when he and his little friend (also with a Viper) saw me walking toward them during the week of the Woodward Dream Cruise because someone with his IQ (help with pictures ring a bell Jeff?) and missing-link personality would try to disprove his reaction by trying to start a fight.

Don't show your IQ with this-

There's no since in a little trash talking from a Domestic Rice Viper owner getting out of hand.

:p

And one other thing, rice only refers to Japanese or Asian cars. When will you ricers learn? :cool:

Stir the ***..........

proracer1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MEGAN.....Hey wanna go down to Kronk and settle this...since you for sure don't want to race me again.....FIGHT???? are you kidding me...That was the stupidest thing you could have said.....I never even saw you on WW just your FAT little buddy MCMM....WOW you sure must be intimidated, OH and did I mention INSECURE!...worrying about me starting a fight? You are such a LOSER.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc