Anyone with Complete hydraulic Lift leak?

TorQ Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the Complete hydraulic CSP 8000 XLT last fall. Since the house was being renovated, I did not have much time to play with it until this spring. After raising it up and down, I noticed fluid pouring out when raising it all the way up to the top.
The warranty for the hydraulic is 2 years, so I thought no big deal. Their solution, however, was to send me a seal kit and have me disassemble the cylinder and replace the main seal! I'm a team player so I tried like hell to get that seal on there, but no dice. Besides, the instruction manual states that only certified hydraulic mechanics should work on it. Last thing I need is to have the thing fail on me because of some stupid error on my part.
So far, the next recommended move is to pack up the cylinder and send it via UPS to Indiana so that they can do the work and send it back to me. The thing weighs 80 lbs and fits inside an 8 foot long carpet roll tube. They didn't even offer to pay for shipping out to them.
What a hassle. I don't know what other lift manufacturers do to service similar issues, but this is rediculous.
With the holiday weekend I doubt I'll see it back til late next week. Hope to post a positive update then.
If you have this brand of lift, the seal is supposed to withstand the pressure of the pump at full overhead lift (when the piston rod bottoms out). Watch the drain hole at the front end of the cylinder for drips.

OP
OP
T

TorQ Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: The same cylinder came back with all seals relaced. It makes a loud vibration but it seems to be lessening over time. They say there is a seal softener that can speed up the breaking in process, but why rock the boat. There is trace moisture and drop formation, but no full drips yet. I changed the oil in the Viper last weekend for the first time on the lift - and it felt great!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey you should of contacted me before you sent it out. I would have helped out. You can put friction reducer in the oil and it will get rid of the vibration. It's the same friction reducer you would use in the diff of the viper. Did you talk to Randy? I would have made them pay for the shipping!

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any general advice on lifts? What companys sell them , 2 vs 4 post, installation, price?
thanks

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Complete Hydraulic lift is nice and smooth, quiet...and I used hydraulic fluid (3 gallons) that I got off the shelf at LOWES. Nothing special. I have the 220v motor so I don't know if that makes any difference in the pump operation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32