April 10th Tobey beach!!

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was told today ya gott be there really early. like 7-8 the latest.

last year we got there after lee tech session anfter 12 and there was plenty of room. that lot is alteast double of triple the size of captree lot.

Nabbs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey watch it there pal. i got a stang too.. for what it is and the price you cant beat it. besides why would you wanna roll with vipers? they'll make the vettes look like what stangs look like to you.

Yeesh...see the smiley.

I was trying to diversify...the more the merrier.

You guys are meeting in NYC, we're meeting in NYC -- why not hook up?

-N

Nabbs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nabbs man. only *ucking with u. sounds like aplan if we can meet up

Cool! You can bring your Mustang if you want :D

Hudson St is a huge street and since there is no overnight parking we can easily park on the side of the road and wait for others to get there.

Here's what Hudson St looks like:

You must be registered for see images attach

And one gratuitous shot of my "stock" Z06

Honestly I am much more excited for the ride out there, then actually getting there. It sounds like it will be packed, and I'm not much for crowds or parking lots. But a fun spin with some fellow gearheads :2tu:

Besides, you're right, I want to drool over your cars too.

So whadya folks say? You down?

-N

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys --

A bunch of us Vette guys are meeting off Canal and Hudson Street. This is right off of the Holland Tunnel and the West Side Highway, so it's ideal for those coming from NJ and upstate. You guys should roll out with us, it'll make for a fun ride :)

Whadya say? I know PlumCrazy is already coming to the city, CitySnake is only a mile away, and Keith will be coming that way. Let's combine forces to beat of the ricers and Mustangs :)

-N

In. As long as there is no rain I will be there!!!!! I would love to meet you somewhere in the city.

So guys what time are we doing this? 7am or the usual Dimitrios?

Nabbs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we have to meet earlier like Plumcrazy suggested.

Guys -- We're meeting @ 7:30 on Hudson, with an 8AM departure. Should give us plenty of time, and the roads will be empty on the ride up (a good and bad thing imho). Head straight up to the midtown tunnel (bring your EZ Passes).

Keith -- definately hook up with us.

-N

Nabbs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
give me an idea where hudson is located.

or i gotta go with city...LOL

Plum -- I can do even better then that. Do you know eamador11 from beyondthequarter? Him and another Viper are driving from Jersey down to NYC, he has offered to meet you in NJ if you wish. He's taking Rt 280 to the Holland Tunnel. He will PM you on btq.

Hudson street couldn't be any easier to get to.

From the Holland Tunnel - Make sure you stay as far right as you can, and get off on Hudson Street Ramp heading uptown (again you will need to be in the right lane at the light). Make a right onto Hudson Street and head north till you cross Canal Steet (this is a block or two), and you will see us parked on Hudson just North of Canal.

From the WestSide Highway - Take the West Side Highway to Canal Street, Hudson Street will be on your left.

FDR/East Side - Head downtown untill you reach Canal Street and then head West on Canal.

What about breakfast? Us Vette guys race better on a full stomach...plus since there will be a cop or two with us, we better bring donuts :cool: They tend to want to help out those who get pulled over on a full stomach ;)

So we have Keith, PlumCrazy, Rob, and CitySnake (I'm volunteering you :) ). From the Viper crew -- any other takers?

-N

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
""From the WestSide Highway - Take the West Side Highway to Canal Street, Hudson Street will be on your left""...im good going that way. im very familiar with that. and 730am is perfect for me.

im good with doing breakfast if you guys are doing it.

thanx nabbs.

Nabbs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so tell me. what time would you guys be willing to meet for TOBEY BEACH CAR SHOW? post so we have an idea

Dimitrios -- Why don't you meet us in Manhattan? We have a few people meeting us there from Staten Island and Queens. You'll miss out on a fun ride.

But in answer to your question: we're leaving at 8AM so figure an hour tops to get out there. We should be there by 8:45-9AM.

-N

Bad Car

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dimitrios, Lets meet around 8:15 at exit 36 and we can hook up with the rest of the guys at Carvel around 8:45. Then cruise over there around 9:30.

Nabbs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Gang -- pretty good turnout so far. Should make for a fun run out to Tobay. Dimitrios and BadCar, you sure I can't convince you to meet us in the city?

CorvetteForum
Alex
Ike
FJB
Chase
Alleynec5
Intrubl
Zinbad
Newb60
MichaelK
BillY2KFRC
stangkilr

Z06
Nabbs
Phantasm
Richard
Bi-PlaneFlyer
Undertaker
Antivennom447
VetteTest

Viper
Keith
PlumCrazy
CitySnake
Rob

Again we're leaving at 8AM so if you want to meet us in NYC, let me know so we know to wait for yah.

-N
PS - if anyone knows of a black 03+ SRT, I'm in the market.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey nabbs,

seems like we are going to have one of our meeting spots at 34th street and 1st avenue in Manahattan for around 8:30 AM. this is our regular meeting spot and everyone from NJ,PA and upstate NY knows this spot and is familiar with it. from there we are taking the LIE (495) to exit 51 South our other viper meeting spot off deer park avenue in a carvel parking lot for around 9AM. then head out to our final destination. if you guys wanna meet us there let us know.

Nabbs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey nabbs,

seems like we are going to have one of our meeting spots at 34th street and 1st avenue in Manahattan for around 8:30 AM. this is our regular meeting spot and everyone from NJ,PA and upstate NY knows this spot and is familiar with it. from there we are taking the LIE (495) to exit 51 South our other viper meeting spot off deer park avenue in a carvel parking lot for around 9AM. then head out to our final destination. if you guys wanna meet us there let us know.

Sounds like a plan, that works since we are taking the mid-town tunnel anyway. I'll drag our crew over to you location and we'll synch up at 8:15 or so on 34th and 1st.

If you want to shoot me your cell, I can give you a call when we leave Hudson St. Mine is 212 731 9045.

-Naveed

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in D. Yo Nabbs love how you distinguish the group from Corvetts and ZO6's.

Nabbs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in D. Yo Nabbs love how you distinguish the group from Corvetts and ZO6's.

Nah -- I'm not elitist. The breakdown is by forum, ergo a listing of attendees from the Corvette Forum, Z06 Forum, and Viper forum.

So we all cool? The list I have is meeting us at 7:30 - 8, then at 8 we'll ride up to 34th and 1st and meet with a few other people there.

-N

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to come. Is there any other CT Guys going? I'm coming down from CT where do I meet you guys? City and Plum--fill me in on directions. Thanks

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CT if you get on the LI Expressway, get on Meadowbrook then take that to Jones beach.Pass the tolls and it will be about a few miles until you see sign...

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ct you can meet us on the deer park avenue exit which is exit 51 on the long island expwy. there will be several vipers in the carvel parking lot waiting for us to arrive.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the directions in your email. I'll be there unless my Masters tickets pop up in next few days. I'll let you know if i'm not coming, but i'll be there before 9:30

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
chuck if the tix show up, i'll take them off your hands for ya since im such a nice guy...LOL

OP
OP
B

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish I can come but have to cancel on this one. Work calls

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member