Archer wins:

JBenko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome race ! Tommy started out down a lap when Gentilozzi took a cheap shot at him just before the green causing the #36 Viper to lose a front tire. Gentilozzi was later black flagged and took a stop and go penalty. With broken ribs Tommy drove his way back to 1st. It was like watching Rocky and Ben Hur at the same time. Unbelievable race.

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great race! To go from Pole Position to last place because of Gentilozzi's blatant hit (what a whining baby that Gentilozzi is, he called his black flag pit a mystery stop) and then all the way back up the field to win. Congrats to Archer!

PS. Even if it is an 8 cylinder Viper he's driving!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It was a gret day to be a Viper fan and VCA member in Pac-NW Region...

We had 17 Vipers atted, and 35 folks have dinner with Tommy and team owner Joe Tranchida.....American Viper racing Team owner and all drivers joined us as well, and Pac-NW has big plans tomorrow, with the help of the Panoz Organization.

"For The Fans" is the theme of ALMS, and AVR and Panoz is featuring our tribute to two fallen fans and VCA members:

Don Smith and Brian Angen.........

All 17 Vipers wore black chevrons across the Viper logo, and the racing Vipers 44/45 of AVR will wear a black chevron on the fenders of both cars on race day, Sunday. A parade lap of PIR is planned in their honor, in remembrance.

Barbara, Rocky, and Terri.......please accept our condolences.

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great race, but a cheap shot from team Jaguar.
All I can say is the officials did the right thing for once in giving a BLACK flag that was well deserved.
MHO

Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree it was a great race, but at the start of the race the announcer stated that Tommy was running a V8 instead of the V10. Does anyone know why and what V8 he was running?

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congtaduations, Tommy! Brother,it was pretty obvious what Gentilozzi was trying to do, but it FAILED! Way to go Tommy! I saw the beginning of the race, and he (Gentilozzi) deliberatly went after Tommy's left front tire, even before the race started, then he hit Tommy again right after the start. This win for Tommy will tighten up the points race somewhat! His car was strong, down alomost a whole lap, and still comes back to win! The pit crew did wonders getting him back out there so quickly.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ntmatter:
.........Tommy stood up and said a few words to the Viper Club faithful. I think his best quote was that, "well, it's not really a Viper that we're driving out there, but then, it's not really Jaguars that we're beating, either!" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dodge was a top contender in Trans Am back in 92-93, and Archer even drove.

VISUALIZE THIS, DODGE: A pseudo-body of the GEN-III Viper, kicking buttski in TransAm in 2002!! Vs. all those pseudo-vettes and pseodo-Jags? Your motor is GREAT, and the Cinjo team can do it! Pseudo-Intrepids cost far more to run in NSACAR. Let's get back racing SOME KIND of Vipers in this country, and WINNING again! Since D-C has pulled the plug on LMPs, let's race VIPERS again.........even Pseudo-vipers

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to go to PIR and watch the race, along with others from the Oregon and Washington Viper clubs. Watching Tommy Archer pull from last place to first place in about 20 laps really gave everyone something to cheer about, and made the race much more fun (IMHO) to watch than Sunday's ALMS race.

At the post-race dinner, Tommy stood up and said a few words to the Viper club faithful. I think his best quote was that, "well, it's not really a Viper that we're driving out there, but then, it's not really Jaguars that we're beating, either".

In spite of several broken ribs and a hard day's racing, Tommy Archer took the time to come out to dinner with his Viper club fans. He also took the time to have a few words and shake the hand of every Viper owner - I was completely overwhelmed by this good and gracious gesture after a very hard day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang