ARE CRACKS UNDER WARRANTY?

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before but I have quite a few cracks on my hood of my 95. I know I have been closing the hood correctly because I have read other posts about how to close the hood. My question I guess is what should I do, my extended warranty runs out in May and I need to do something about it. Will Dodge honor my warranty for cracks in the hood. There are no cracks on any other part of the car. And while I'm on the subject I might as well ask, about the rivets on the side pipes (red) where the paint has bubbled up and the actual side pipes (black) have a bubble too. What should I do and tell my Dodge dealership. I know this is kind of a warn out question but I didn't do well with the search.

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends on the dealer. One dealer on my 99 GTS said no. The next dealer fixed it under warranty. If they do fix it make sure they do it wright the first time. Because, they will only fix it once. Tony

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,

Here is my experience with my 95 and hood cracks. The previous owner of my car had the hood repainted at the dealer and dodge paid for it. It was not painted or covered by the extended warranty service. When I bought the car he told me he had the hood repainted because of cracks and I have the invoice from North Glenn Dodge in Denver. He had just had it repainted about a year before I bought it.
Just a couple months ago it started cracking again ( small one about one inch only on right side). I asked the local dealer about fixing it and even spoked with the extended service folks and they said they would not pay to fix it.

So I called the dealer where the previous owner had it fixed and spoke with the body shop service manager. She stated that the previous owner took it up with dodge directly and the regional dodge rep. After being persistant and stating the otherwise excellant condition of the car and the low milage factor they agreed to pay the dealer to fix it.

I then asked the woman I was speaking with if I had a chance at getting it fixed again, since in my opinion they did not fix it correctly. She said that as the second owner I would not have as much clout with dodge and that they tend to want to please the original owners more. Ok, kinda made sense to me. She did state to take it up with your local dealerships service manager and general manager, because then he can arrange for you to meet the regional dodge rep on his next visit to the area.

So I think you could have a shot, it would be a gamble and will require some persistance on your part.

Good luck
Ed

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would get in good with your dealer and if they say they can't do it, don't argue with them. Just say "I understand it's out of your control and I'm sure if you had permission to do it, you would..right?"..I'm sure they would say yes. Then get on the phone to customer service with Chrysler and tell them that you are having trouble with your car and it's under warranty.

I did the above and got fantastic results. I was completely happy. I accredit my out come to setting up the dealer into saying yes, "I want to help if I had the permission to" i got him the permission by making the call. Well customer service tells them to do it above and beyond the Zone rep's decision and whalla! I got what I wanted...with no games.

good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire