Are the numbers out for the 10s color and build?

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was curious about the numbers. I bet the the non special edtions will be the most rare

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would just like to know of the 500 or so cars how many have shipped. None of the FEs to my knowledge have shipped. I just don't understand it.

While dealers are slashing 2010 Zr1s etc Dodge is still slowly sending out 2010s when everyone else is gearing up for the new model year. (I realize there is no new model yr for Viper)

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you get a hand built car, it takes a little longer to produce your inventory. Within weeks the final cars should start shipping.

Bruce

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just guessing but I bet 90% of the cars are going through Prefix as they are either ACR's, Aero cars or Final Editions. Very few solid color cars. So that will slow it up as they can only do so many a day and the final edition paint is pretty complex. Significant masking and two color on the hood, roof and deck. Probably takes a lot longer than an ACR which is masked off at the body panels.
Add in the ACRX's that were just built and Prefix must be pretty busy right now.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just guessing but I bet 90% of the cars are going through Prefix as they are either ACR's, Aero cars or Final Editions. Very few solid color cars. So that will slow it up as they can only do so many a day and the final edition paint is pretty complex. Significant masking and two color on the hood, roof and deck. Probably takes a lot longer than an ACR which is masked off at the body panels.
Add in the ACRX's that were just built and Prefix must be pretty busy right now.

You are likely correct but it seems like the planning/staging could have been better. As for the paint let's just hope it is better than Gen3-4 paint has been.

Don't get me wrong but the last great Viper paint job I had was on a GTS. My 2 Gen 3s and 1 Gen 4 were poor. You could look at my 06 and 09s and they would chip. Viper was once the best paint job around--somewhere along the line it went bad. Even (big) dealers will admit it. Sorry to be negative--it is still a wonderful car.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are likely correct but it seems like the planning/staging could have been better. As for the paint let's just hope it is better than Gen3-4 paint has been.

Don't get me wrong but the last great Viper paint job I had was on a GTS. My 2 Gen 3s and 1 Gen 4 were poor. You could look at my 06 and 09s and they would chip. Viper was once the best paint job around--somewhere along the line it went bad. Even (big) dealers will admit it. Sorry to be negative--it is still a wonderful car.

My 2006 within 500 miles was all chipped on the side sills, and that was all careful, good weather, non gravel driving. It looked like a 30k mile car in this area. Agree with your comments 100%. and the options are to put on clear bra that is near ompossible to install, put fender guard/mud flaps on, or just repaint them all the time.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lee is 100% correct. Prefix is working overtime, and one has to remember the bulk of the cars are going there, so that adds and additional step to the entire process. Rumors have it that Dodge hoped to have all the cars out by mid Sept. The funny thing is for most of the years Vipers were built they ran through December for the model year. This year , the excitement is at a fever pitch and folks are frustrated that they may get their car in August or Sept. This is, frankly, in the grand scheme of Viper deliveries , actually a bit early.

The Final Editions are just that, they will be the last ones built --- partly due to the fact that the final paint scheme was done very, very late. Not a problem, as it is a huge hit and there are very, very few still unsold.

Respectfully Submitted,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2006 within 500 miles was all chipped on the side sills, and that was all careful, good weather, non gravel driving. It looked like a 30k mile car in this area. Agree with your comments 100%. and the options are to put on clear bra that is near ompossible to install, put fender guard/mud flaps on, or just repaint them all the time.

Just take it to a professional 3M installer. I have had all my cars done with it. On lighter color cars you can't see it. On black you can see it more. My 06 VCA had 7,000 miles on the track gravel and all. Sides perfect.......Get it done when brand new and all will be good. When the clear film gets nicked replace:2tu:

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee is 100% correct. Prefix is working overtime, and one has to remember the bulk of the cars are going there, so that adds and additional step to the entire process. Rumors have it that Dodge hoped to have all the cars out by mid Sept. The funny thing is for most of the years Vipers were built they ran through December for the model year. This year , the excitement is at a fever pitch and folks are frustrated that they may get their car in August or Sept. This is, frankly, in the grand scheme of Viper deliveries , actually a bit early.

The Final Editions are just that, they will be the last ones built --- partly due to the fact that the final paint scheme was done very, very late. Not a problem, as it is a huge hit and there are very, very few still unsold.

Respectfully Submitted,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse

Still waiting on my Graphite black center band ACR.....it is taking forever and a day:dunno:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was curious about the numbers. I bet the the non special edtions will be the most rare

Kenric,

I'm sure you're correct. Most common '09's were the VOI editions, in '06 the special edition blue/white and red VCA coupes had the highest production. Lot's of low number '08's and 09 combo's, I'm sure '10 will be the same. Enjoy your new ACR, we have a couple out here and they look great!

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenric,

I'm sure you're correct. Most common '09's were the VOI editions, in '06 the special edition blue/white and red VCA coupes had the highest production. Lot's of low number '08's and 09 combo's, I'm sure '10 will be the same. Enjoy your new ACR, we have a couple out here and they look great!

Thanks man! I have never seen one in person....hope it looks as good as I think it will.