Are these failures normal?????

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over the past 6 weeks, the following items have failed & been replaced: oil pan gasket, driver's side window regulator, right front shock, and both lines to the oil cooler.

The car is under 4 years old and has 23K miles on it.

Has anyone else experienced problems similar to mine?????

Don

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
11k miles currently

I've had a small oil leak from the pan area since I purchased the car at 900 miles...not worried about it.

The window roll up hardware don't seem to be very robust. They rattle if you roll them up or down when driving. I don't open or close the doors while the windows are going up or down either.

Oil lines can start seeping or even dripping at compression fittings especially under hard use.

I've had to replace the clutch at 7k miles- clutch disk flew appart.

I had a new transmission warrantied at 5k miles - lost all the gears after a 2-3 shift.

ALSO...it's a DODGE what did you expect??? :) It's a flagship car but you can't expect the quality of part to be much better than the rest of the cars they produce.

I have a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee that in 60K miles has had; two rear diffs, one front diff., power sterring hoses, both power mirror motors, heater core and the dual zone climate control system replaced.

They build some nice cars....but they eventually fall appart sooner or later.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I beat on my 04 for 30k. All it needed was changing of fluids and tires. Oh and my radio went. But I barely listned to it any way.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had my '04 now for one full year and put about 5000 miles on it. Had the trans replaced under warrantee due to a mysterious noise that the mechanics couldn't seem to figure out, but it was still functioning fine. No problems besides that.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
34 K miles.

None of the above issues.

Now, the diff, that's another story. Been through a bunch of those.

Dan

05Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 20K on my 05, the only problem I had was with the drivers door locking hardware. It wouldn't engage and hold the door closed. Replaced under warrantee, no problems since.
I am just getting to needing new tires, yes the originals lasted this long, but not much longer since the new cam and mopar race exhaust are going in right now.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ALSO...it's a DODGE what did you expect??? :) It's a flagship car but you can't expect the quality of part to be much better than the rest of the cars they produce.

They build some nice cars....but they eventually fall appart sooner or later.

exactly my thoughts. My damn 06 has so many random sheety Dodge quality items, that I just keep telling myself "its a dodge." Sad but true, Beautiful car, love it to death, but Dodge blows when it comes to quality control if they cant get their PREMIER car to not have issues within the first couple hundred miles. Oh well, its why I ALWAYS buy the extended warranty. TRUST ME, you'll need it, if you actually drive a dodge !!

Jon

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland that has 14,000 miles on it with zero problems. Same holds true for my 1007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara that has never been in the shop and has 76,000 miles. I must be one lucky guy.

SRTTOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 03 with 19K miles has had the oil pan gasket and both front shocks replaced in the past year. I did just purchase the 7 year extended coverage warranty for everything after learning a front shock costs $925 plus installation. You can buy the extra warranty through year 4 after the inservice date.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang