Arizona Viper Meet

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey AZ folks!

Am am going to be in Pheonix in February again for a business conferance and will then be spending a extra week there to soak up some sun and get out of the snow.:)

Anything Viper happenings going on in February? I checked the website but did not see anything, but never hurts to ask!

Thanks!

Robert

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
New AZ President just took over on short notice and will have info coming soon

Feb has 2 things - either work for you?

***On that note, flyers were passed out for our February event ( and will soon be available on the website ) taking place Saturday, Feb 21. This will be a short cruise thru Rio Verde, stopping at Mimi's Cafe for lunch, then a tour of the Desert Botanical Gardens, where the glass sculpture of renowned artist Dale Chihuly is on display.

***an unofficial event on 2-14 - but several members will show up at this. passengers have been allowed. Racing Events

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marv,

Thanks for the info! Looks like I will miss both of those as I come in towards the end of the month now (the itinerary I was given was incorrect - I found this out this morning!:smirk:).:(

On that note though, anything happening the first week and a bit of March?? Looks like that will be the time I am going to be in Scottsdale now!:rolleyes:

Thanks!

Robert

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey AZ folks!

Am am going to be in Pheonix in February again for a business conferance and will then be spending a extra week there to soak up some sun and get out of the snow.:)

Anything Viper happenings going on in February? I checked the website but did not see anything, but never hurts to ask!

Thanks!

Robert

You can come down, just don't bring that slow yellow car!!! ;)

Go Red!!! :rolaugh:

While not Viper specific, I believe they still have the weekly car show at the Scottsdale Pavillions. I haven't been there in awhile, but I remember a strange mix of rice and muscle cars. The "winter" months are generally good for the show because it's not yet 110 degrees outside... :rolleyes:

Spring Training baseball starts around then as well. The afternoon games are a good time to sit out and enjoy the weather.

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:lmao::lmao:

You are crackin me up!;)

Yes, I will make the Pavillions. Would not miss that for beans! That is actually where I met Ken for the first time about 6 or so years ago (back when he still had the YELLOW Viper)!

Not to worry anyways. I would not go embarrasing all of the local red Vipers if I was to bring it down. I would drive it with respect!;):D:D

Robert

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:lmao::lmao:

You are crackin me up!;)

Yes, I will make the Pavillions. Would not miss that for beans! That is actually where I met Ken for the first time about 6 or so years ago (back when he still had the YELLOW Viper)!

Not to worry anyways. I would not go embarrasing all of the local red Vipers if I was to bring it down. I would drive it with respect!;):D:D

Robert

P.M. me when you plan on going to the Pavillions. I will try to get up there with my car. I'll see if I can round up some other members as well.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell me when you are around and I will try to drop in. I have not been to the Pavillions and I am sure my old oldsmobile shows up alot there.....sold it to a olds collector last year.

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet! Looks like a meet!

I also have my dates now!:nana:

I have arranged that I can make the Pavillions on Feb 28, March 7 and the 14!:yay:

When do we want to do this?:eater: How about the 7th? Does that work? Is rain expected that day?;)

I am SO excited!!:yay:

Robert

Last edited:

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet! Looks like a meet!

I also have my dates now!:nana:

I have arranged that I can make the Pavillions on Feb 28, March 7 and the 14!:yay:

When do we want to do this?:eater: How about the 7th? Does that work? Is rain expected that day?;)

I am SO excited!!:yay:

Robert

Rain? What's that??? :dunno:

The 7th works for me. I will see if I can get some others to show as well. :D

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rain. As in when the sky ***'s all over your car!:lmao:

Actually, the odd part is very year when I am their in Feb it seems to rain!! Remember about 4 years ago the roads were even under 4-5 feet of water!:omg:

Was kinda funny watching the lifted trucks get stuck half way accross!;)

As for the 7th, excellent!!

Robert

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot make the 7th of March since I am heading into the rain in Seattle to look at my condo. I bought a condo four months ago and just finished fixing it up. March 2nd is my birthday so I am taking a leisurely drive to Seattle in the Land Cruiser(loaded with kitchen stuff)

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Event list online coming very soon . New AZ President just took over. Here's what is in February.
(Can always meet up for some indoor karting)

Feb has 2 things - either work for you?

***On that note, flyers were passed out for our February event ( and will soon be available on the website ) taking place Saturday, Feb 21. This will be a short cruise thru Rio Verde, stopping at Mimi's Cafe for lunch, then a tour of the Desert Botanical Gardens, where the glass sculpture of renowned artist Dale Chihuly is on display.

***an unofficial event on 2-14 - but several members will show up at this. passengers have been allowed. Racing Events

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dr.B

Sorry to hear that you cannot make it!

If you do have time the week before or after though, please feel free to come out! Would love to meet you while I am in town!

Robert

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all:
Sorry for the short notice, but I would like to get a group together for the Scottsdale Pavilions Car Show next Saturday (03/07/09). I would like to get some fellow Viper owners out and have a good turnout at the show.

Plan would be to meet at the show between 4:30 and 5:00 P.M. I imagine walking around and chatting for awhile then maybe off to the 5 & Diner for shakes and malts and/or a cruise through Old Town Scottsdale.

Please let me know if you can make it beforehand. It's unofficial but it could be a nice little gathering for anyone that's interested.

Thanks!

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I am there! :nana:

Anyone else booked in that is not a web board user?

It is just beautiful weather here! Sure beats the -37 thay are having at home today!;)

Robert

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, it sounds like it is you, me, my father is going to come along, and one more VCA guy that emailed me.

Soooooo, do we just want to hit the car show? Find dinner? Whats the plan?

Robert

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like we might have three or four cars show up.

I will be at a Spring Training baseball game with my dad's Alma Mater in the early afternoon. I will head to the Pavillions as soon as the game ends. I figure we can hang at the show and schmooze for awhile. There's a few restaraunts in the area that we could hit up afterwards, or possibly head south to Old Town Scottsdale for some adult beverages. My plans are pretty open and non-specific. We can figure more out once everyone shows up at the Pavilions.

See ya!

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Sweet ride!

It was a pleasure meeting you tonight! You really do have a Sweet Ride!:)

I will post pics of all the Vipers once I get home and upload all of the pics!

Robert

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Sweet ride!

It was a pleasure meeting you tonight! You really do have a Sweet Ride!:)

I will post pics of all the Vipers once I get home and upload all of the pics!

Robert

Thanks! It was a pleasure meeting you as well. The turn out was far better than I expected.

I can't wait to see the pictures! I had my camera but somehow forgot to take it out and start shooting. :doh2:

I'm just glad there were enough red cars representin' so you could see pure un-adulterated speed! :lmao2:

In all seriousness, I had a good time. It was fun and we'll have to do it again sometime!

Enjoy the rest of your stay! :cool:

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, that red viper thing was very disapointing. I had to laugh at that one red owner who even had a hairdryer on his so that it could TRY to be as fast as a stock yellow cars.:poke::poke::D:D

:eater::eater:

Was actualy a good turnout. Silvers, VCA commemorative white, B&W G 2, SRT VCA Ram, slow reds, copper, few blacks - Was a good sea of colors!

Robert

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, that red viper thing was very disapointing. I had to laugh at that one red owner who even had a hairdryer on his so that it could TRY to be as fast as a stock yellow cars.:poke::poke::D:D
Robert

Hair dryer??? I just have that to make sure I'm always faster than those yellow cars. I'll have to consider a N2O shot as well so I can make sure I never fall behind.

Not that I'm worried... :poke: :buttkick: :pile: :hahaha:

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you are worried. :D

Even sounds like you have had sleepless nights wondering what you need to install to make sure you don't lose to a stock yellow. :D

:eater::eater:

Robert

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pics are in! :yay::yay:

DSC_0354.JPG

DSC_0355.JPG

DSC_0360.JPG