As my girlfriend tells me, lubrication is good...

TooEvil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here it was a beautiful day in Washington and I'm out on a tequila run (Cabo Wabo and Corazon to be exact). One the way home, I'm on a 2 lane road passing a former Boeing plant when I see what appears to be a crumbled paper bag in the road. Lo and behold, it's not a paper bag bug a nice large chunk of concrete. Well, not having the ability to move, I ran the damned thing over and immediately lost oil pressure.

I rolled into the near by Fry's parking lot (spelled Frise by the flatbed driver) and waited for AAA to send 2 flatbeds out. The first flatbed didn't stand a chance of pulling the car up without ripping the bumper off. The second one had the separate flap in the back and was able to bring it up. There's a nice puddle of synthetic oil on the ground and one of the balancing weights from my wheels.

Needless to say it's sitting at the dealership right now and I'll hopefully find out tomorrow how much I'm going to get ***** for. Ironically, they won't give me any lube for that. Everything else seems to be okay with the exception of the rear bumper. The exhaust got goosed into it and there's a semi-circular dent about 1/2" deep. All in all, NOT A GOOD DAMNED DAY!!! Except I do have tequila now, and now I NEED it.

DAMN, damn, damn, DAMN!!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wont your insurance cover it? I had a similar situation in my Eclipse before I bought my Viper (I ran over some furniture that had fallen off a truck) and my insurance covered all the damage (all cosmetic)

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Insurance might help, remember if the concrete had fallen off a passing truck and was MOVING when you hit it, it is comprehensive. IF the concrete was stationary in the road it is collision. Collision typically has higher deductible and can go against you. Comprehensive typically has a lower deductable and does not count against you. So before you post anymore about this, make sure you have the complete and whole story as it relates to this incident. Good luck.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HOLY SMOKES! same exact thing happened to me last year! i was driving at night and had no chance of seeing it until it was too late. insurance took care of it all minus the deductible.

thanks vbite for that info. i was wondering why state farm called it a "collision". now i know. :2tu:

OP
OP
T

TooEvil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to assume that my insurance will cover it. I'll find out tomorrow when I call my agent.

Thanks for the info, ViperBite, I'll need it in the morning!

Off to tequila-ville...

Mark Hahn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is your exhaust stock? I have a '96 RT/10 and I'm not sure if the exhaust is the same but I just put a new one on my car and if you can use part of mine it's yours? I live just South of Tacoma. MGH

emo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man that would any day. You'll be back on the road before summer get's here. :2tu:

OP
OP
T

TooEvil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got the initial estimate. $1100 P&L. $600 for the oil pan from Dodge. The oil pan and flywheel cover got beaten and are being replaced. I'll know more once they have the pan back on and can run the engine.

Mark - as for the exhaust, it has an ACR exhaust on it and I think it's okay. But I'll find out more soon.

*bashing head into wall*