As of this post, 9 of the 10 most recent posts are about the Z06

nevrenuf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hate this.. when I was a vette guy, I really appreciated www.corvetteforum.com. I had hoped that in taking a chance and going withthe viper, I could have a similar experience here! Little did I know, the experience WOULD be the same... the viper forum spends their time talking about the Vette too!.. what a shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
And you just added to the number. :)

I don't know what to tell you....competition is what most hard-core Viper diehards thrive on...and the "other car" is the competition. Also, it is that time of year...right when the new models are being unveiled...so what do you expect?

Thereisn't all that much Vette talk, typically....but since the HP battle has heated up...so it goes.

I can make you all your own private area if you like.....I'm easy (but not cheap).

I will try to do a better job of moving any Vette topics to the General Discusison or Off Topic....that way all the SRT people can converse more about thier cars.

All of the talk/comparo's between the new ZO6 and the SRT/10 notwithstanding....it hasn't been all that bad lately (as far as bashing goes). There just happens to be MANY people who own/owned/want-to-own a Viper, and they have an opinion that the new Coupe might be missing something.

Another thing I can do is....I'll add "ZO6" to the title of every post that mentions the Vette.....then people can easily skip them. :)

I can't spell his darn name...but he wrote "The Art of War" (Sun Tzu)...and he wrote:

Keep your friends close...and your enemies closer

For many, the gap between the Vette and Viper is important...so they should have a place to talk about it. The levels of passion/maturity/etc vary from person to person....such is life.

Personally, I am all about people being able to say what they want....with some level of respect. To that end, I have tried to keep things "respectful" in my very own way. The only other option os (as stated above) to give you your very own "sandbox"...which I can do.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't disagree in the slightest. The challenge is that just about every single article that talks about the new Z06 mentions the Viper specifically. For most Viper owners this is new turf: A domestic car from a major manufacturer that is not only competitive, but costs less too. The fervor will die down and the references to the Z06 will die with it. Especially when real-world performance is published and the real impact (good or bad) is known. The speculation only adds fuel to the fire. By the way, did I mention that I am VERY happy with my SRT-10 convertible? :2tu:

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most people that are jumping ship are judging the book buy it's cover. Even the vette guys are starting to notice.
Has anybody else noticed the two zo6's shown at either show
do not have a functionable bumper scoop. What a joke :D

Robert