Ashtray????

lobo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The ashtray in my '94 has a piece broken off the lid...do these interchange with any other vehicle?

I called the local Dodge dealer and he checked nationwide stock and no dealership shows one.

Anybody know where a used one is?

Thx.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, I would just by the MGW one. I have the MGW one in my 95 and love it.

Probably cheaper than OEM as well.

But if you have to have the stock one call Paul Scharf, he specializes in used viper parts and is reasonably priced.

1-800-338-4002.

OP
OP
L

lobo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys are great. I went to the MGW and Partsrack websites and found those billet one's...really nice.

In addition, I want to get a good original one so I called Paul Scharf and sure enough he had a good one and is sending it to me. I'll put his name in my card file for other used parts.

Thx guys for responding.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ashtray in my '94 has a piece broken off the lid...do these interchange with any other vehicle?

I called the local Dodge dealer and he checked nationwide stock and no dealership shows one.

Anybody know where a used one is?

Thx.

Marion your local Dealer is NOT very good! :confused: The original part #4761733 supersedes to D221SX8 [92-02] MSRP $21.95 DC has 138 of them left!

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a stock ashtray from our local dealer a few months ago for something like $16 (so I could tear it up and mount some switches and indicators in it). Of course, we get a club discount of 25% off from the local dealer. I believe the Gen I and Gen II ashtrays are the same (my Gen II ashtray sure looks identical to the one I had in my Gen I, at least).

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lobo, i knot this is completely off topic and I do apologize, but do you have any pics of your 23 t-bucket. Me and my uncle have put his in a few shows and its an absolute blast to drive...

OP
OP
L

lobo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry in taking so long to reply...I'm a moderator on a firearms website and got absorbed over there.

I guess my local dealer is pretty bad...now I know who not to call in the future. Vipe Wiz, forgive my stupidity, but who is DC that has them...I'll hold onto the name for future reference when needing other parts as well as Tator's Dodge??

In the mean time, the one from Paul Scharf arrived and it is absolutely like new and it was delivered really quickly.

VipeCraz, here's the T-Bucket pic...sorry for taking so long. '72 Vette 350, 10.5:1, TH350, dual-quad tunnel ram, etc, etc. Many guys put diffs with gears in the high 2 or low 3 range and can't keep the rear end hooked up. I pulled my diff from an S10 and ran as tall a gear as I could (1.9:1 I think) and I get almost zero wheel spin...just hook up and go...0 - 80 in 2.0 blocks :) ! Plus it cruises at 80 with no overdrive and is hardly breathing.
You must be registered for see images

thx again

lobo

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry in taking so long to reply...I'm a moderator on a firearms website and got absorbed over there.

If I may ask, what site? Are you an ARFCom-er? ;) I'm a shooting enthusiast and frequent several sites, so I thought I'd ask. Sorry for the OT. :)

OP
OP
L

lobo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The 1919a4.com beltfed website. My other habit :) . OT is okay with me...toys are toys.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess my local dealer is pretty bad...now I know who not to call in the future. Vipe Wiz, forgive my stupidity, but who is DC that has them...I'll hold onto the name for future reference when needing other parts as well as Tator's Dodge??

"DC" Daimler Chrysler

Nice collection of firearms! :2tu:
A few of those would help the Border problem! :smirk:

OP
OP
L

lobo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The K car...that's too funny. Now I know.

Thx VipeWiz, I should have known that...I bought parts from them for my '63 Valiant stationwagen street rod project a couple years ago...just got rid of it to make room for the Viper. I'm happy with the decision. The Viper is the first muscle car or rod I've had in years that I didn't have to build...gettin' too old to crawl around under them anymore :) .

Thx again guys.

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No one ever answered the original question, is the ash tray used in other vehicles then the Viper? I want to get an extra one that I can cut up in an attempt to make use of the large hole the ash tray sits in. And if I can get one from a junk yard for $5, that'd be great.

My garage remote won't fit in the tray but it will fit in the hole I'd love to basically cut the tray off but still have the lid so my remote will fit in the hole but they console will still look correct.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one ever answered the original question, is the ash tray used in other vehicles then the Viper? I want to get an extra one that I can cut up in an attempt to make use of the large hole the ash tray sits in. And if I can get one from a junk yard for $5, that'd be great.

My garage remote won't fit in the tray but it will fit in the hole I'd love to basically cut the tray off but still have the lid so my remote will fit in the hole but they console will still look correct.

No it does not fit anything else that I know of? A new one from Chrysler is now MSRP $25.65 less 20% VCA [in stock]. 914-763-3136 :cool:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
chuck has the answers (and parts)

lobo has (had)nice toys

would like to have seen the reactions when you lifted the hood on that Valiant wagon, or just seen it head on

looks like you were an intake guy (t-bucket intake looks good too)

thanks