ATI Procharger Supercharger

Reaction score

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad they do not make one for the Viper. They do make really good kits for the Vette's and F-Body's. I am surprised they did not build a kit for the Viper.

OP
OP
S

SrtBrad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad they do not make one for the Viper. They do make really good kits for the Vette's and F-Body's. I am surprised they did not build a kit for the Viper.

There are a 2 Viper engine builds going on right now that are incorporating the F2 and F3 Procharger superchargers. All three are being done on the Dodge Ram Srt10 platform. JMB Justin on the VTCOA is the one doing it. The Roe and Paxton Setups could not keep up with the CFM demands for these monster engine builds. The max boost that was attained was 4 pounds boost with the Paxton.

I am surprised nobody on the Viper cars have done this platform yet. The "F-3R-139" supercharger is capable of a max of 45 lbs of boost yielding 2700 HP.:omg::omg: It flows 4000 cfm's.:drive::drive:

I'm not sure of all the specifics however this seems to be the best bet so far for the superchargers. I don't know if a boost controller is available yet but one is being worked on by JMB Justin.

This Procharger system seems to be a very promising setup for the Viper platform.

Last edited:

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has been done on the Gen II Viper. I know of at least one, probably 2. But I don't think there is any mass produced bracketry.

The Viper cars are making 1000 rwhp with Paxton kits and the Paxton kits ARE mass produced. So it probably just hasn't made any real sense $$$ wise to R&D the ProCharger for mass consumption.

What fits under the hood of the truck will not necessarily fit under the hood of the car. It's not always the same ballgame working on the trucks vs working on the cars.

OP
OP
S

SrtBrad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has been done on the Gen II Viper. I know of at least one, probably 2. But I don't think there is any mass produced bracketry.

The Viper cars are making 1000 rwhp with Paxton kits and the Paxton kits ARE mass produced. So it probably just hasn't made any real sense $$$ wise to R&D the ProCharger for mass consumption.

What fits under the hood of the truck will not necessarily fit under the hood of the car. It's not always the same ballgame working on the trucks vs working on the cars.

How's it going Tim. I'd love to see the pics of that Gen2 with the Procharger setup. Do you know if that person is a member here?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You probably are right but I have not seen any 1000rwhp running the paxton kits. The closest I know of making close to those numbers are the UR installs and that is using water/****, etc. I know the ATI kits can make 1000rwhp without much effort. You should see some of the vette's and F-body's that are using the F1A's that are pushing 1000+rwhp.

It is just always good to have more options out there for those wanting to SC. It kind of forces the kits to either get better with more work or the prices to stay competitive so they can sell the kits. I know a ATI kit would put out superb numbers.

You are right about the trucks. The BIG difference is there is SO much more room under the hood compared to the Viper. That is why there was a ROE for the truck but not for the GenIII for the longest. I am sure it is late in the game for ATI to make a kit but I am sure if they would of gotten in the game when the others did, there would be a lot of Vipers running around with ATI kits.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think marc lublin has one and also think joseph dell did one at one point but didnt like it.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is my understanding that there are several UR paxton cars with heads/bottom end work making 1000.;)

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the time your done with the work (and DOLLARS )NEEDED TO FABRICATE everything you might as well go twin turbo.

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest thing that gripes me about ATI is that they're not very interested in feedback and improvement suggestions. They have kind of a "take it or leave it" attitude.

I run a ProCharger at it's limits and I break it frequently. I have two head units (one a spare) and both have been rebuilt. I just finished replacing the secondary jackshaft a couple weeks ago after the bearings wore out. I also carry an inventory of spare belts since I can tear those up pretty quickly, particularly in the summertime. I also wear out the pulleys fairly quickly -- I've sheared a shaft key three times which tears up both the pulley and the shaft (splined shaft and pulley would be more rugged).

I've made many suggestions to improve the product in both performance and reliability -- basically a thanks, but no thanks response. You're pretty much on your own if you want to engineer your own improvements.

OP
OP
S

SrtBrad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest thing that gripes me about ATI is that they're not very interested in feedback and improvement suggestions. They have kind of a "take it or leave it" attitude.

I run a ProCharger at it's limits and I break it frequently. I have two head units (one a spare) and both have been rebuilt. I just finished replacing the secondary jackshaft a couple weeks ago after the bearings wore out. I also carry an inventory of spare belts since I can tear those up pretty quickly, particularly in the summertime. I also wear out the pulleys fairly quickly -- I've sheared a shaft key three times which tears up both the pulley and the shaft (splined shaft and pulley would be more rugged).

I've made many suggestions to improve the product in both performance and reliability -- basically a thanks, but no thanks response. You're pretty much on your own if you want to engineer your own improvements.

Thank you for that info. I have heard nothing but WOW. This puts some light on the subject.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put a psc1 on a c6 vette...that kit was pretty disapointing, almost everything had to be modified to fit/work properly.

I'm sure ATI's higher end blowers are nice though but then that's going to be a full on custom install anyway.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a 2 Viper engine builds going on right now that are incorporating the F2 and F3 Procharger superchargers. All three are being done on the Dodge Ram Srt10 platform. JMB Justin on the VTCOA is the one doing it. The Roe and Paxton Setups could not keep up with the CFM demands for these monster engine builds. The max boost that was attained was 4 pounds boost with the Paxton.

I am surprised nobody on the Viper cars have done this platform yet. The "F-3R-139" supercharger is capable of a max of 45 lbs of boost yielding 2700 HP.:omg::omg: It flows 4000 cfm's.:drive::drive:

I'm not sure of all the specifics however this seems to be the best bet so far for the superchargers. I don't know if a boost controller is available yet but one is being worked on by JMB Justin.

This Procharger system seems to be a very promising setup for the Viper platform.

I was at JMB earlier this week. Those trucks are MONSTERS. The turbo on Dominic's truck is as big as a steering wheel. The blowers are even bigger. The end numbers will be interesting.

RED SNAKE... You haven't been over to Justins' lately?

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my experience, ATI pulls their max boost numbers out of some dark recess somewhere. They claim my ProCharger can put out 24 psi. HA! Speak with big forked tongue Kemosabe!

Do the math. Max unit rpm is 80,000. On my setup, that unit rpm happens at about 6,100 engine rpm. So at unit redline, I'm getting an effective 12 psi at the manifold (no plumbing leaks). If I run unit rpm up to 96,000 (at the engine redline), I can squeak out 16 psi at the manifold. 24 psi? I wish. I'd have to spin that compressor at just under 130,000 rpm and have ridiculously huge drive pulleys (I've already got itty bitty driven pulleys and big drive pulleys).

You also know why I tear up ProCharger compressors by running them above unit redline.

OP
OP
S

SrtBrad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at JMB earlier this week. Those trucks are MONSTERS. The turbo on Dominic's truck is as big as a steering wheel. The blowers are even bigger. The end numbers will be interesting.

RED SNAKE... You haven't been over to Justins' lately?

I can't wait to see my friends numbers. I have researched enough to question if the rated numbers will be even close, however this Procharger setup seems to be the best platform for us outside of the turbo setup so far.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doing you own fabrication,R&D ect on something like this can make for a blown motor in an instant .

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I ask what are the goals for owners with all of this power trying to do? Is it a dyno number thing or for the track, I can't imagine needing more than 500-600 hp for most types of driving. I can understand on an all out track car. what else are you guys and gals doing with all of this power?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I ask what are the goals for owners with all of this power trying to do? Is it a dyno number thing or for the track, I can't imagine needing more than 500-600 hp for most types of driving. I can understand on an all out track car. what else are you guys and gals doing with all of this power?
Ripping out the pavement beneath us. Forcing the earth to rotate in the other direction :drive:

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it doesnt matter if you run a procharger or a Paxton, output hp would be the same.
mainly because you cant run much more than 16lbs of boost with a supercharger on a Viper crank snout. you WILL break the crank, so about 900hp (truck) is about it-more in the car, right about 1000hp
there isnt much sense in trying to do re-engineer what Paxton has already done. apart from running a seperate belt to spin the charger up more. ( all of this is on the srt ram trucks)

if a guy is going to spend the money to have it configured that way, he could turbo it-and make more power, and be a simpler and less expensive project.

Last edited:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Some of us are acceleration/velocity addicts. Like any other drug, with repeated use, one develops a tolerance and the need to increase the dose to get the same effect. I have been driving enhanced vehicles of one kind or another since I was eleven - fifty years. The acceleration provided by a stock Viper is no longer enough for my needs. My car also performs well on a road course and I get a big kick out of pulling away from certain cars coming out of a corner into a straight like they are parked. On the other hand, there are those whose tolerance has gotten to the point where they need over 1000 HP on their street vehicle to produce the acceleration rush they need. I do not anticipate getting to that level of need but who knows. I said that when I had under 600 Hp on my old Gen II. LOL.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ripping out the pavement beneath us. Forcing the earth to rotate in the other direction :drive:

Some of us are acceleration/velocity addicts. Like any other drug, with repeated use, one develops a tolerance and the need to increase the dose to get the same effect. I have been driving enhanced vehicles of one kind or another since I was eleven - fifty years. The acceleration provided by a stock Viper is no longer enough for my needs. My car also performs well on a road course and I get a big kick out of pulling away from certain cars coming out of a corner into a straight like they are parked. On the other hand, there are those whose tolerance has gotten to the point where they need over 1000 HP on their street vehicle to produce the acceleration rush they need. I do not anticipate getting to that level of need but who knows. I said that when I had under 600 Hp on my old Gen II. LOL"

'what they said... :firedev:

DADS TOY... Just wait til you have your Viper for a while. Like BOBPANTAX said, "I said that when I had under 600 Hp on my old Gen II. LOL".
I couldn't believe someone would put a supercharger on an engine that alredy had 450-500 hp.

You'll see..:D

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't wait to see my friends numbers. I have researched enough to question if the rated numbers will be even close, however this Procharger setup seems to be the best platform for us outside of the turbo setup so far.

Went to JMB again yesterday... WOW is all I can say. Wish we could fit that big cog and belt under our Viper hood. And the Turbo in the other truck looks like a second engine. Will be setting some records.

Justin said the giant S/C SRT truck should easily make :censored: RWHP.....;)

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I Would Like To Run The Setup I Saw It Was 2 Superchargers On The Front Of Engine One To Each Throttle Body Now Thats What Im Talking About More More More More I Want More !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it doesnt matter if you run a procharger or a Paxton, output hp would be the same.
mainly because you cant run much more than 16lbs of boost with a supercharger on a Viper crank snout. you WILL break the crank, so about 900hp (truck) is about it-more in the car, right about 1000hp
there isnt much sense in trying to do re-engineer what Paxton has already done. apart from running a seperate belt to spin the charger up more. ( all of this is on the srt ram trucks)

if a guy is going to spend the money to have it configured that way, he could turbo it-and make more power, and be a simpler and less expensive project.
EXACTLY the problem with alot of these set ups is your always on the verge of catostrophic engine failure .The paxton system (provided the motor is built and tuned for expected power levels)is proven unless you want to run turbos

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ditto above. If you want really big HP, build the motor and twin turbo it.

Supercharging is an easy bolt-on for a quick little kick. But boost becomes addictive and you always want more -- I started at 7psi, then went to 9, built the motor and fuel system. and took it to 16psi. AND now I want more! :):drive::)