Attention KW V2 owners

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I deal has come past me on a used set of kw's. The question I have does the ride quality improve over the stock set-up like the Moton's do?

Thanks
And yes I did do a search and came up with nothing about ride quailty improvement.

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never ridden in a KW equipped car that rode better (read smoother) than stock. I have extensively driven both SRT-4's and Vipers with KW, Moton, and stock shocks. Although KW shocks do seem capable of posting good track times I would not change to them for improved ride unless your stock shocks are bad.

-David

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I appreciate the info, I have heard many times that the moton setup really improves ride quality on the street so i was just wondering if the same could be said with the KW's.

Thanks again

dandimand

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well not sure If I can help or not but in the viper that I just fixed the ride is quite good with the Kws but sorry dont know how they are stock so cant really compare . I set them at 8 clicks from full tight front and rear and car seems fine and drives nice.Its a performance car so expect a tight suspension I assume from the factory they were tight . I can tell you compared to the Aldans there is no comparison the Aldans compression damping Isnt even close to the Kws Kws are much stiffer .

2 VENOMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Big difference, I switched my one set of KW's between my two gen III's and no comparason to stock, stock being much bouncier, KW would be my choice right next to Motons.
The nice thing with KW is you dont have to purchase a seperate spring...

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big difference, I switched my one set of KW's between my two gen III's and no comparason to stock, stock being much bouncier, KW would be my choice right next to Motons.
The nice thing with KW is you dont have to purchase a seperate spring...

or install the remote reservoirs.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Our guys that have bought KW's V2 seem to like the ride on the street. The springs are too soft for the track, as delivered, IMHO.

Dan

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks again,,,,Im just talking street driving. I would go motons but the deal is on a used set a kw v2's for 1/2 the price of a new set. So I guess If I dont like them I could always take them off and resell them, with little loss of money if any.

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are running 08/09 stock shocks and non-run flat tires then I would expect your street ride would already be good. If you are running older shocks, i.e. 03-06 then you might also try updating to 08/09 shocks at an even lower price. Many of us take them off to install Motons.

-David

OP
OP
U

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you are running 08/09 stock shocks and non-run flat tires then I would expect your street ride would already be good. If you are running older shocks, i.e. 03-06 then you might also try updating to 08/09 shocks at an even lower price. Many of us take them off to install Motons.

-David

Never thought about that,,,,,,,,Im running 19/20 pirelli p-zeros on Eibachs. The ride quality improved from the stock set-up when I switched the wheels/tires.
Like i said I'm not looking for lincoln plush ride, I was just wondering if the kw's improved street ride quality over stock like I have heard the moton's do. I would be doing the kw's just to get the car alittle lower anyways.