ATTENTION STEVE FERGUSON!! SRT COUPE SIGHTED!!!!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve!!!!!!! This was posted on our site!!!! Please elaborate!!!!!!!! :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

So Said ROLLMODEL:

Alright...before you guys jump to conclusions, here is the breakdown. My buddy goes to school over at U of M, and every weekend he comes home on I-94. Because he's in that area he sees a lot of body cladded testing cars on his drives around the area.

So he pulls up on this car and he calls me up immediately. "Hey, you will not [******] believe this but I'm riding next to what looks like the new GTS!" He's a tuperware guy(vette driver) but he sure knows when he sees a viper.

He said it was incredibly wide, had some side pipes sticking out quite far from the rockers...few inches. Had a spoiler smaller than the competition coupe, and very deep vents behind the hood (and a split louver in the center of the hood). It looked much more production refined than the comp coupe in looks, but the body panels didn't all line up perfectly. And the car was caked with sensors on the exterior. It was bright viper red with NO cladding on it.

He said he paced it and finally the guy went off an exit ramp and gave it some go pedal....needless to say it sounded like a real ********** v-10 and it had some get-up to it. Makes me think what dodge is thinking right now. :laugh:

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: ATTENTION STEVE FERGUSON!! SRT/GTS SIGHTED!!!!

STEEEEVVEEE!!!!!!!! Give us the good news Steve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Could also be new ZO6 Vette -- remember, they look alike! More likely with no cladding on it . . .

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score

April Fool!!

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And btw there's no way in the world ANYONE could confuse the autoform SRT with a Test Car. PPLLEEEAAASSE! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were to guess, I would say there will be no official comment on it for a while and doubt Steve or anyone else will peep even if they know any details. As VOI's of the past have often been the "unveiling" of some DC products (including sneak peeks and stats on the SRT in 2000), I would not be the slightest bit surprised to see an announcement on a coupe in Dallas for VOI 8. Heck, I wouldn't be totally shocked if it were to make an actual appearance there. Indeed, I am almost expecting it and I don't have a single clue as to whether such a project even exists or not. Don't be surprised if you have to wait a few more months to find out for sure...

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were to guess, I would say there will be no official comment on it for a while and doubt Steve or anyone else will peep even if they know any details. As VOI's of the past have often been the "unveiling" of some DC products (including sneak peeks and stats on the SRT in 2000), I would not be the slightest bit surprised to see an announcement on a coupe in Dallas for VOI 8. Heck, I wouldn't be totally shocked if it were to make an actual appearance there. Indeed, I am almost expecting it and I don't have a single clue as to whether such a project even exists or not. Don't be surprised if you have to wait a few more months to find out for sure...

I just KNOOWWW that in light of this new discovery, that Steve will give us the goods! He know's his first responsibility is to his Viper brethren! Come on Steve! Do the right thing! This is a burden you should not be forced to carry any longer! Share it with us! We're here for YOU Steve! We're givers.
:headbang:

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
All the more reason why EVERY driver should have a digital camera in their car!

I don't think Steve, or anyone else in the "National Circle" is going to have any more "dirt" on the coupe....

Although we ALL wish it was here... NOW!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you had gone to the North Texas VCA Tech event this past weekend, you could have asked Michael Martin all about this..... you snooze, you loose.

Chris may be on the right track, guess we'll all need to be at VOI to find out....

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I bet Dodge times the SRT Coupe release to co-incide with the arrival of the Ford GT, that way they can steal some of Ford's thunder in the press!

AlbertFattal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you had gone to the North Texas VCA Tech event this past weekend, you could have asked Michael Martin all about this..... you snooze, you loose.

Chris may be on the right track, guess we'll all need to be at VOI to find out....

Any photos of the tech session? Is the tech session only held in Texas?

Jay Lopez

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Any photos of the tech session? Is the tech session only held in Texas?

The Tech Session photos are up. But there is nothing that looks like a SRT Coupe.

http://www.northtexasviperclub.com/events/event20040327.htm

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jay!

You might not see a picture of the coupe.... but if you look close.... there is a car that looks an awefully lot like a Hemi 300C sneaking into one of the pictures.... this is going to be a VERY popular car.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Steve Ferguson "Big Timin" me!

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be a photoshop version of a glass hatch on a parts rack hardtop....doesn't exist. The real glass on that top has the shape of a Z06 rear window.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OWNED! Hey Trey, when you decide to bail on attending VOI8 and miss out on seeing the SRT-GTS, I'm going to laugh my a$$ off! :D

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OWNED! Hey Trey, when you decide to bail on attending VOI8 and miss out on seeing the SRT-GTS, I'm going to laugh my a$$ off! :D

I feel as if I'm being ridiculed and I don't like it one bit. First Jay! Now you? I came here for some information not to be chastised or to be pilloried. If you two guys can't find it in your hearts to treat members of this forum with a little more dignity and respect. Well.... I'll be forced to make a few calls and have you both banned. I don't wanna do it! But don't force my hand!

FINAL WARNING!

AlbertFattal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jay!

You might not see a picture of the coupe.... but if you look close.... there is a car that looks an awefully lot like a Hemi 300C sneaking into one of the pictures.... this is going to be a VERY popular car.

I will actually be driving a 2005 300C HEMI and 2005 Crossfire Roadster in 4 days. There is a possibility that the SRT-6 will be there as well.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what that was...it's the special prototype red "gangsta glidah" coupe which will debut in Phast/Phunkiest III.

I'm Rick James, BI0TCH!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King, sorry for the delay, but I have been doing REAL work and just have not had the time to visit. Hell, it took a call from another VCA member to let me know that I neded to get to the site to say something, so here it is:

Is there going to be a Coupe? I am 100% sure that a business case for that project has been developed.

When would we see one? I don't know if it would be VOI or the Detroit Auto Show, but i would think the Auto show would make more sense since that would bring the most exposure.

What is driving around Dertoit? Could be a prototype for the coupe, but it could also just be further testing on the Carbon SRT that was at SEMA.

Is Ferguson trying to avoid the REAL question? I have learned one thing over the years, when you least expect something it ALWAYS seems to happen. Because of that I NEVER ask any of the DC people anything on future products. The reason being that if you ask you will only hear "we cannot discuss future produts", as it is MANDATED in the DC employee hand book. But if you just sit and listen certian tid bits will creep out, and that is what you can base your findings on. That being said, I will be in detroit for only the second time this year on Thursday. If anything that can be said is told to me I will post something here when I get back.

King, I can tel you they WANT to build it. What you want to know is WHEN, and I am sorry to say that if it does not happen at VOI that you will have to wait until January to find out if it shows up at the Detroit show.

Sorry I don't have any REAL news!

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King, sorry for the delay, but I have been doing REAL work and just have not had the time to visit. Hell, it took a call from another VCA member to let me know that I neded to get to the site to say something, so here it is:

Is there going to be a Coupe? I am 100% sure that a business case for that project has been developed.

When would we see one? I don't know if it would be VOI or the Detroit Auto Show, but i would think the Auto show would make more sense since that would bring the most exposure.

What is driving around Dertoit? Could be a prototype for the coupe, but it could also just be further testing on the Carbon SRT that was at SEMA.

Is Ferguson trying to avoid the REAL question? I have learned one thing over the years, when you least expect something it ALWAYS seems to happen. Because of that I NEVER ask any of the DC people anything on future products. The reason being that if you ask you will only hear "we cannot discuss future produts", as it is MANDATED in the DC employee hand book. But if you just sit and listen certian tid bits will creep out, and that is what you can base your findings on. That being said, I will be in detroit for only the second time this year on Thursday. If anything that can be said is told to me I will post something here when I get back.

King, I can tel you they WANT to build it. What you want to know is WHEN, and I am sorry to say that if it does not happen at VOI that you will have to wait until January to find out if it shows up at the Detroit show.

Sorry I don't have any REAL news!

That was good enough for me!! Thanks for commenting Steve!! :headbang:

Now let me get outta here...these guy's are brutal! :D

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King, did you ever try and get that "petition" for a Coupe program going? I wtill think that if you could pull that off that it would go a lon way to getting the Coupe built?

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King, did you ever try and get that "petition" for a Coupe program going? I wtill think that if you could pull that off that it would go a lon way to getting the Coupe built?

I did discuss it with a few guy's. Did a little digging & found that there's a company online that does professional petitions like you proposed. Half the guy's I talked to were telling me it was a waste of time because DC is either gonna do it....or they aren't gonna do it. That the petition idea really wouldn't go a long way. And half the guy's were saying it was a great idea. I've just been sittin on it honestly Steve.

OP
OP
K

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This just came in on our site Steve!!!

So Said ABADASP:

"Just heard from a reliable source that yes they are building an SRT10 street coupe. It is also going to be a certificate program in that if you bought a new SRT 10 and still own it you will get first shot at the new street coupe. This is great news for SRT owners very bad news for GTS owners."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4