Aug C&D: ACR vs. Z06 vs. GT2 vs. GT-R = ???

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR crushes the other three in performance, BUT OF COURSE gets third place in the comparison test. Nothing new there. But the numbers are awesome:

0-60
ACR = 3.4 seconds
GT2 = 3.7 seconds
GT-R = 4.1 seconds
Z06 = 3.8 seconds

0-100
ACR = 7.7 seconds
GT2 = 8.1 seconds
GT-R = 10.2 seconds
Z06 = 8.3 seconds

Quarter Mile
ACR = 11.8 seconds @ 126 mph
GT2 = 11.8 seconds @ 121 mph
GT-R = 12.6 seconds @ 111 mph
Z06 = 11.9 seconds @ 124

Road Course (Button willow Config #13 = 2.7 miles)
ACR = 1:55.7 seconds (lat G = 1.3)
GT2 = 1:59.7 seconds (lat G = 1.11)
GT-R = 2:01.1 seconds (lat G = 1.10)
Z06 = 2:01.7 seconds (lat G = 1.09)

Top Speed
ACR = 180 drag limited
GT2 = 206 redline
GT-R = 191 redline
Z06 = 198 drag limited

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is GT-R the Nissan that's "the fastest car in the world" according to these magazines? Too bad the R8 dog (the magazine's first "fastest car of cars") wasn't there to prove what a bunch of BS artists these guys are, lol.

They BS the masses so badly that we've had to put up with Audi and Nissan guys on OUR Forums giving us the same BS (Vipers are slower). It just shows the low quality of intelligence available in the world and NA.

Maybe these magazines are trying to show how stupid the writers they hire are? Maybe the manufacturers are showing us that they're all hype and BS? Doesn't matter much, as Viper still kicks ass!

I figure that restrictor plates and banning the fastest Dodge cars from Racing events as well as the BS magazine articles shows that all the other manufacturers are totally intimidated by Dodge!

These magazines are the ones that should have been screaming for an even playing field and equality for all manufacturers when sanctioning bodies gave Dodge vehicles extra restrictions so they couldn't win every race? Must be Politics, lol?

Would it be truth to say "Under $500,000 Dodge Viper reigns Supreme?" I think so, at least that's what the magazine article says, isn't it?

Ted

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Repost but it still gets under my skin that they named the article "ULTIMATE TRACK TEST" but the winner was chosen by backseat room etc. Mags are nothing more than advertising for the major mfgs. You wont find real test data in any of them because at the end of the day they wont bite the hand that feeds them. A Viper will never again win a comparo even if it demolishes the competition as evidenced by this pathetic article. I miss the GTS haydays when it won just based on performance etc.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll get used to it. The fact of the matter is that there is a larger issue here....and that issue is that facts rarely dominate in both todays media and public opinion. Bull**** does...and those of us who respect facts, and need facts, are not in a position to publish facts.

Vipers dont need these spineless mag/rag "sold-to-the-highest-bidder" types to speak for them.

Vipers speak for themselves.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could not have had a better test numbers-wise. The ACR crushed the others so badly on the track that they really should have used a 2008 Coupe instead--still would have won. :shark:

Nissan was exposed for the real car that it is! :lmao: The track version at > $100k will be better.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
under $100,000 for a 'track' GTR? There's supposed to be 12 coming to Vancouver for sale - price is reported to be $140,000. NO tack version. Just a slow GTR.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Webpages are saying that the GTR will have a MSRP of $71,000 US and $82,000 in Canada.

Nissan is advertising it as a 3.6 0-60 time and stating that it turned "ONE of the fastest times of a production-spec" vehicle. Also stating that it can be driven by anyone, anytime, anywhere. Guess they're saying that if you can't handle a Viper try the GTR?

Guess we'll have to see how much the Dealers actually charge for it as my buddies quote for the list was "about". Kind of like a $100K XR1 for $180,000?

Ted

Blainne

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah I just read this Car and Driver Issue... what a joke. That will be my last Car and Driver.

They don't even give the cars points for ANYTHING to do with PERFORMANCE. ***.

I've lost all RESpect for Car and Driver. They act like they are comparing MINIVANS.

Heres how they justify the SKYLINE as NUMBER ONE!!! lol

Driver Confort
REAR SEat Space
Trunk space
Rebate and Extras.....................(ALL BS Comparisons for sports cars)
Price
Fuel Economy
Gotta Have it factor....

Out of 245 POINTS ONLY 20 pts was for PERFORMANCE.... :rolaugh:

Performance wise... the ACR smeared the competition bad.... really bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine