Supercharged Viper & 2009 Z06 Track Results

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My point of this to begin with is that the corvette will out perform the viper on any given day with not only the same power but with considerably less power.

Hmm...my 08 Coupe at 40mph in 2nd locked a 09 ZO6 making 510whp all the way to 160mph before we both shut down. No muffler's and a K&N air filter are the only mods I have. I think the lack of muffler's are hurting me. I need to dyno my current set-up, but I made 560whp stock, and 537whp without the muffler's 2 mos. ago :( Maybe the K&N is helping a bit...

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absouloutely I have. I would not talk without first hand experience. I had a Roe blown car and ran a best of 10.37 at 132. It is very rareto see a post even close to a mid 10 sec run with a paxton and no engine mods. None the less my 60 ft time was a horrible 1.73. I have only seen post of 11 sec plus runs without any engine modifications. If I thought that just bolting on a Paxton and some headers and exhaust and gears would get me well into the tens I would have already bolted one on. Paxton in MY opinion is all show and very little go. Just bragging rights for high Peak only HP numbers. I recall several supercharger and exhaust only Roe cars making 10 second passes. I just don't see any proof that these paxton cars put any power to the track WITHOUT ENGINE MODS. By the way nice times on your car thats alot of boost for a stock motor. Good luck. I should also mention my car was only 610 RWHP unlike the ground stomping power of the paxton that is putting out 670 or more. Just not a broad enough range of power, peak doesn't mean much it's the usable power you need to get down the track, not the power where you have to shift.

Jason Heffner did the first successful supercharged Viper, it was my car and he did it for me about 10 years ago, a 1996 bone stock GTS with nothing but a small paxton S/C making about 6 pds of boost (non adjustable) the car would run consistent 10.8 10.9 132 mph runs on the regular Michelin tires on 19'' Hre 547 rims in regular everyday street trim. With drag radials it ran of best of 10.51 at 134mph, and I rarely even bolted them on or I might have went faster! The only mods were a small S/C on a bonestock engine, no headers, exhaust, nothing! Many Vipers owners in the northeast have watched the car run those times over and over again at the Viper Nationals at Englishtown, so maybe its the drivers and not the blowers?

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not getting this row vs paxton BS.....The guys paxton only car just ran a 135 mph trapp speed with him feathering the throttle..

Thats damn impressive weather it's a roe or paxton..But with that said the Roe's are a pretty hideos desighn and I would much rather have the snail shaped paxton..

My nsx has a paxton and it looks much nicer than any roots style supercharger on other nsx's..

As well roots style supercharges are great for initial power of 6-10 psi..But then what..If you want 12-15 psi you better spend the coin on a paxton that can easily be interkooled...

So cut the ****..135 mph trapps is NIIIICE

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so maybe its the drivers and not the blowers?

I find that hard to believe that so many owners of these paxton cars can't drive, but many of the Roe blown cars have drivers that could drive?? Is there a different demographic of Paxton vs Roe owners? lol... Can't anyone agree that with 670 or more rwhp that these cars should be turning more than 11 sec. passes and even more than 135 mph traps. Those numbers are not impresive with that kind of power. Something just doesn't add up to me with this paxton set up. Hell a stock 08 viper can turn 128 129 trap speed so for a car with 510 to 520 rwhp vs a car with 670 rwhp we are only talking a 7 mph difference.... NOT IMPRESSED and I truly can't understand who could be impressed.:dunno:

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If 135 mph trap speeds on 20" street tires without any sidewall, on a slick track, without going full throttle for 100% of the run doesn't impress you, then I would have to say you probably do not have much experience drag racing. Yes, having more traction can sometimes negatively affect trap speeds, and a slight amount of spin early in the run could put you into a higher finishing rpm as you cross the finish line. But, that only happens when you can use 100% of the throttle and the tires haze.

My situation was completely different though, as I couldn't use but half throttle in 1st, partial throttle in 2nd. The Z06 also hazed the tires a bit, but I was able to floor it. That car might slow down a bit with too much traction. The Viper is overpowering the tires by a huge margin, it will go quicker with traction.

FWIW, that orange ACR with 650 rwhp and heads/cam/exhaust only trapped 127 mph the same day. Zero traction at all, worse than mine. By your judgment, that makes it slower than a stock ACR, right?

Come on, be realistic here. ET = traction, period. MPH is more indicative of the horsepower. If you have horrible traction, you simply can't use all of the available horsepower. Thus, your trap speeds will suffer. See ACR example above.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never said 135 mph trap speed didn't impress me... I stated that a stock 08 with only 510 to 520 rwhp can trap 127 and 128 mph and a car with significantly more power like 150 more Rwhp can only pick up another 7 mph thats what isn't impressive. As far as my drage racing experience I have quite a few miles down the track in many different cars. Your Zo6 is a much quicker car HP for HP and you can not deny that. These vipers are not what so many people make them out to be. I like it because of the way it looks.. not by any means the way it performs or the ergonomics of the car. Enough of the ******* match... again nice times on your cars and great pics.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the drivers and it's the blowers.

I have a Paxton car and I have made 2 passes. 11.34 134mph and 11.32 135mph. Wasn't pushing the car No full throttle till halfway through second.

With slicks and at the strip go with the Roe it will be quicker because of more low end torque.

On the street from 40mph go Paxton.