Autocross - Be There or Be Square

OP
OP
Frankster

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just in case some aren't aware the autocross will be held at Michelin Tire Proving Grounds.

This venue is known as "Black Lake" because it has the largest, uninterrupted slab of asphault in the east (400' X 1400').

It's a great venue for trying out your viper with no fear of damaging anything....

OP
OP
Frankster

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just in case some don't know, ANYONE can participate. Even if you're driving granny's old Cadillac or cusin Vinnies 34 Ford.

All you need is a street worthy vehicle and you're eligible to run. I found it a great way to really wring out my RT/10's handling. I plan on being there so it'll be the second time I've run this course. Would be nice to see some other Vipers there.

You must be registered for see images

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
our last event of the season for the SCCA philly region was 3weeks ago on a beautifull day and i missed it :(

Have fun!!!

OP
OP
Frankster

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it will be the standard three or four runs but that depends on the number of entries as you probly know. I'm hopeing for at least four runs. One nice thing is that Blacklake is one of the fastest autocross courses in the US.

BTW, my Viper is faster than your Viper. :poke:

OP
OP
Frankster

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought the Viper it came with an article on the car and Hennessey's own signature on it. The stuff is in storage right now but if memory serves it dyno'd around 635 horse. I think it was at the crank and maybe a bit of an exaggeration. It's catless now with Moroso spiral mufflers so I'm sure the numbers have changed.

At any rate, the horses aren't enough for my liking. When I'm a little more settled it's going to get a twin turbo setup.

V

Venomiss

Have fun tomorrow and please take some pictures to post of the event.