Autoform...What a Class act...

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I'm gonna hear a lot of bichin' about pics (and I will post them as soon as the piece is mounted) but I gotta tell you that Autoform Development has designed,built and shipped me a top scoop that mounts on my Autoform SRT hardtop. This scoop is major quality, excellent fit and exact paint match! and man...this thing looks good on the Autoform top. I haven't decided whether to just "adhesive mount" or have it "installed" onto the top and then repaint...either way this piece makes the top look complete and adds some CompCoup flavor to the car.

Thanks Steve and JonB...you guys are the best. Will post pics asap.

CStegall

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. Autoform custom made a fascia for me that I just had installed. They are great to work with.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is it a functional or dysfunctional scoop?

A functional forward-facing scoop would be dangerous to the windows and top. It would have to be ducted to the brakes, diff, helmet....or blow the windows out at high speed!

It is cosmetic. Mounted REARWARD is a different story....

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avi...as Jon says it is not a functional scoop but the quality of the work makes it look like it is. Very well done with a metal grid on the front of the opening that adds the look of functionality. I can't say enough about how good this piece looks on the Autoform top(ghosts of an SRT coupe?). The piece is being installed this week...pics soon.

Clark

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me picky but it seems to be a weight adding, drag inducing performance drain. Just an observation.

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me picky but it seems to be a weight adding, drag inducing performance drain. Just an observation.

Avi...little or no weight since its fiberglass. Little or no drag since the airflow over the car is already passing over a "raised" area on the hardtop. Absolutely no performance drain...or add either...but it looks really cool :cool: If you want less weight,zero drag and no performance loss the last thing you want is a hardtop on the car.

Clark

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96