Automatic Tranny...

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check with Woodhouse or others on this. I believe the SRT-10 Quad Cab transmission can be modified to fit the Viper from what I have heard. We have a local member with similar challenges and he has an automatic RT/10 that Woodhouse fixed up for him a few years back.

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly the conversion shouldn't be terribly difficult at all. Going the other way can be somewhat of a biotch, and getting it smoged will be interesting.

VTen555

Viper Owner
Reaction score
take a look at provipermods.com under "projects" ....I'm interested too because I need 2 knee replacements.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me about the auto conversion. I'm doing two of them right now. After a full year of thinking, and researching, it's now happening.

423-288-3881

xanadu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Automatic Tranny...or an SMG paddle shift option

Hmmm, Now if DC would offer the Viper with an "optional" (dang it, I said "OPTIONAL" people; don't get your ******* all in a ***) clutchless manual paddle shifted sequential gearbox now, instead of 5 years from now (it will happen when the U.S. catches up to world F1 technology and performance, which is being used in a multitude of different racing divisions now, instead of the current "4 on the floor" NASCAR mentality), maybe more people (worldwide) would be interested in enjoying the performance that's already there.

One reason why I am a proponent of this concept is because having a Viper here in Florida makes for driving almost year around and it would be much more enjoyable as a daily driver, getting 10,000 miles per year, in and out of traffic situations with a clutchless, F1 style paddle shifted manual gearbox.

I know, die hard stick and clutch pedal purists hate this "option" idea, but as an option more people are happy than just those die hard purists.

I hope DC will hear me too.

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You can get a sequential but it will NEVER be clutchless. You will always need the clutch for starts and stops, it's sooooo far from cost effective to develop a clutchless it just isn't going to happen.

So quit your ******** and get a quaife full sequential, or ****.

xanadu

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You can get a sequential but it will NEVER be clutchless. You will always need the clutch for starts and stops, it's sooooo far from cost effective to develop a clutchless it just isn't going to happen.

So quit your ******** and get a quaife full sequential, or ****.

********? That's being surely polite and respectful. What exactly is ****???

When I say clutchless, I am refering to no floor clutch pedal. Most of the better semi-auto SMG's such as with Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin Lamborghini and also the Chrysler ME 4-12 have clutch plates, but not a driver activated clutch pedal in the floorboard.

From "how Stuff Works" on the ME 4-12:
A double clutch allows for seamless shifting between gears. In a normal manual transmission, the clutch disengages, breaking the connection between the engine and the transmission for a moment, whenever the driver shifts gears. This results in a loss of torque and momentum. In a double clutch, there are two clutches -- one for the even gears and one for the odd gears -- nested within each other. If you're in third gear and make the shift to fourth, the clutch for fourth gear engages at the exact moment that the clutch for third gear pulls away.

Of course there are clutches in the transmission housing, but in a modern day F1 style SMG semi-auto paddle shifted manual tranny, there is no floor clutch pedal.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have met and seen a man a few years back at the Warnock event who owned a 99 silver RT/10 with a Automatic transmission. Unfortunely he had to sell it. I believe it went on E-bay, I made a post about it. He was a nice guy, even made it into viper magazine at one point.

It feels good knowing even though you maybe in a difficult position, your still living out your dreams. :2tu:

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have met and seen a man a few years back at the Warnock event who owned a 99 silver RT/10 with a Automatic transmission. Unfortunely he had to sell it. I believe it went on E-bay, I made a post about it. He was a nice guy, even made it into viper magazine at one point.

It feels good knowing even though you maybe in a difficult position, your still living out your dreams. :2tu:

There is a local '96 B&W GTS w/ the Henny auto upgrade, quality install.

xanadu

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What exactly is ****???

Shut The F*** Up

Now that really shows some serious lack of intelligence and class. It's a shame that some people feel the need to use profanity to help them get through a conversation . . . or is it that the use of profanity makes them feel stronger or perhaps more viable? Regardless, it is a sign of little respect, loss of moral values and lack of integrity.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Choosing the right auto is no easy chore. I can tell you that most are not the correct choice, if you knew the different factors on some setups. It's a very simple upgrade in a sense. Which trans. you choose, will depend on what you are doing with the car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32