Automobile Mag GT2 vs ACRvs Miata. Yes Im serious lol.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got latest Automobile issue. ACR vs GT2 at Spring Mountain Country Club. 2.2 mile track thats pretty tight. Ill just get right to the numbers.

ACR lap time was 1:45.4

GT2 lap time was 1:47.9

Miata MX-5 Cup 1:55.8

Quartermile times are:

ACR 12 flat @ 123mph

GT2 12 flat @ 126mph

Miata MX-5 Cup 15.4 @91mph

Miata really doesnt belong with these two shear numbers wise but it was lauded for its fun to drive and turning accumen.

Heres some quotes:

" The viper is like bringing a bazooka to the bowling alley"

"The Viper is much easier to wring out than the Porsche GT2"

" You can cram the Viper into long sweeping turns at seemingly impossible speeds"

"High speed grip is simply astonishing"

"The bottomline is that the Viper is a sheep in wolfs clothing. Ferociously capable and intimidating at first, but far easier to control and far faster than you might expect"

Of note they mentioned that both Viper and GT2 have similar tires so the 2.5 sec advantage the ACR has cant be explained away by a tire advantage over the Porsche. I absolutely love both cars but I cant believe how much faster the ACR is. This is a short, tight track and it put a 2.5 sec advantage on the incredible GT2. ACR is simply the nastiest track oriented street car on the planet right now. I can only imagine what headers and exhaust would add to its already insane performance.

Jroc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great read, I guess the miata didnt do to bad seeing as you can buy around 20 of them for the price of a gt2

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great read, I guess the miata didnt do to bad seeing as you can buy around 20 of them for the price of a gt2

That's exactly why I have a Miata.....cheap.....cheap.....cheap fun. Track days are a blast and it's fun to see the faces of the guys you blow away with cars that cost 20 times as much.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats up with the 123 mph trap speed on the ACR???Thats the lowest Ive seen so far

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ran my 08 a few weks ago on a 93 degree day with only 200 miles on the car into a 10 mph headwind and still trapped at 127.Isnt the wing on the ACR supposed to create alot of drag though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang