AutoWeek SRT-10 on cover

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>and the music playing on the Viper’s side pipes is pure late ’60s big-block V8. Woobaa. Woo-woo-woobaa.
<LI>A 1-4 skip shift feature is included if your clutch leg tires
<LI>Or you could just stick the ax-handle shift lever in second and leave it there for the day, whether you’re heading out on the turnpike or to the corner store.
[/list]

Some of the comments these writers come up with, well......
laugh.gif

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Marv S on 10-23-2002 at 10:54 AM</font>

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marv S, and ALL,
I should have said "go here to read the story if you can stomach it !!!!"

Later,

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You folks clearly missed the HUGE slam on the SRT Viper.

"If on an imaginary scale of sports car gentrification from one to 10, we were to say that the original Viper is a one and the Corvette Z06 is a 10 (not that the Z06 is perfect; just you know, saying,) then the new Viper might be a five."

These writers really piss me off with crap like this. Oh, and go figure, the back page is an ad for a Vette.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Birvini:
You folks clearly missed the HUGE slam on the SRT Viper.

"If on an imaginary scale of sports car gentrification from one to 10, we were to say that the original Viper is a one and the Corvette Z06 is a 10 (not that the Z06 is perfect; just you know, saying,) then the new Viper might be a five."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For some reason, when I read that, I thought it pertained to "sissification"? In other words, the Viper is still a "rude beast", and NOT refined. .... Just the way we like it!

Here's a bit more of the paragraph:

As for refinement, while the SRT-10 is more civilized, by most standards it’s still a rude beast. Those thinking the Viper has become sissified have nothing to fear. If on an imaginary scale of sports car gentrification from one to 10, we were to say that the original Viper is a one and the Corvette Z06 is a 10 (not that the Z06 is perfect; just, you know, saying), then the new Viper might be a five.

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not like the part that said, "Viper is a one, and a z06 is a 10, Not that the Z06 is perfect; just youknow, saying."

I do see your point Joe. Guess the above stuck in my head and ticked me off.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I liked the "There you have it, the essence of Viper: the ability to leave long, wide black marks all over everything." part. It's like a dog marking his territory by peeing on everything, except we not dogs and we are not peeing... You know what I mean.

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I read this article I had to keep a Webster's dictionary nearby. Atavistic, etceterini, idiom, ubiquitous and gentrification. Is this AutoWeek or Barrons?. I think Mr McGuire, when using gentrification, was trying to say the Z06 is a 10 out of 10 in the evolution process of appealing to the middle-class masses. The original Viper, being the brute it was, is a 1 and the SRT 10 is half way there at number 5. I thought the article was really well written until I got to the last few paragraphs. He eludes that the Viper is mainly a car fit for straight midwest country road driving. Hey Bill this ain't no Hemi Cuda. It's obvious Mr Mcguire has very little seat time in a Viper. I'd encourage him to attend any of the Regional VCA performance driving events across the country next year. I'll even extend an invitation to him to attend the Illinois VCA/Motorcity Viper Owners driving school next May. I better bring a dictionary along.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather