Bad Cat??

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One problem I have developing and I think it is probably a bad drivers side cat.

About a year ago instead of going with HF cats I took the secondary cats out and this helped to cool things down and I like the exhaust sound. Now the drivers side sill is getting very hot and a smell around the sill when I stop or pull into the garage. The exhaust only on the drivers side is now shooting out flames and even sounds like, under accel ,a hole in the muffler - possibly something has come loose but I suspect a bad cat.

Guess I will pull the sill and take a look.

What do you think I should look for???

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One problem I have developing and I think it is probably a bad drivers side cat.

About a year ago instead of going with HF cats I took the secondary cats out and this helped to cool things down and I like the exhaust sound. Now the drivers side sill is getting very hot and a smell around the sill when I stop or pull into the garage. The exhaust only on the drivers side is now shooting out flames and even sounds like, under accel ,a hole in the muffler - possibly something has come loose but I suspect a bad cat.

Guess I will pull the sill and take a look.

What do you think I should look for???

A hole? :dunno:

Something loose? :dunno:

Sounds like you are on the correct troubleshooting path. Really.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960