Base tube setup....?

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume you have a GTS because you won't be happy with a sub in the trunk of an RT. I ended up putting my sub in the passenger foot well. But to answer your question, I think you can trace back the electrical from wiring that goes into the trunk and use the same hole. I had a stereo amp in there (that I believe was stock?) and I went through the same factory looking hole that it used.

Brian Denham

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You wont be able to hear your bass tube from the trunk of an rt/10. The gas tank will block any sound from coming into the cabin. Try to find a spot in the passenger floorboard to mount it. Most tubes are only velcro'd straps holding them down so you can always take it out if you have a passenger that doesn't feel like stradling it.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cyber,

Have a stereo shop build you a box for an 8" or a 10" subwoofer that takes the LEAST AMOUNT OF AIRSPACE TO WORK PROFIENTLY!!!

have them build a "wedge" shaped box and place it in the footwell area of the passeger seat. Like with ANY convertible. Bass is reflective so dont' expect too much bass when your hardtop is off. But when the hard top is on..you'll love it.

Gerald

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte