Bat's Blue Vinyl Stripes on Black(PICS)!

vettekiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Bat\'s Blue Stripes on Black(PICS)!

MVC-016S1.JPG

BADMOFO

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Have any of you had them painted on if so did they remove your windshield. Also, would the value of your car drop if they are painted on?

BADMOFO

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Vettekiller looks very nice, but I believe your car is an RT and mine is a GTS. My painter tells me since they have to paint the roof they have to remove the windshield to insure that the clear coat wont flake off. Any other people out there ever had their's done on a GTS. Also does anyone know the paint code for the blue stripes on the 98-99 silver GTS. :curse:

Thanks....!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

With the quality of the vinyl stripes available now, I would be very hesitant to paint stripes on car that didn't come with it factory just for the resale aspect. The average person can not tell vinyl from paint, you have to really inspect it close. I was down at Captree this weekend with my red GTS black stripes and got a lot of compliments on it, and many couldn't believe it was vinyl. This is assuming you intend to maybe sell it one day of course.

You must be registered for see images attach

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bat, you're car looks awesome! I originally thought blue on a black car would be too dark and not look that great, but you picked a great shade. I love it!

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bat that shade of blue does look really nice against the black. The connolly interior does throw it off a bit, but it's not too bad :2tu: .

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score

car looks awesome! gets some wheels and its done.

Ya, wheels are the next big thing on my list. I'm partial to 5 spoke wheels with polished lips and rivets. I've got a buddy who works for HRE here in Vista, he can get me 30% off retail, but can still save a bundle by going with iforged aero's which I also have on my Z. Only thing is, they take a good long while to get since they are made to order. Now, I just have to decide whether or not I want chrome, brushed, or gunmetal finish, decisions, decisions!

Bat™

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score

NICE!!!

Much better than what the "Black/Blue" combo sounds.
I bet they look fantastic in sun!!!!

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Bat,

Looks awesome!!!.... heads up though, that color with the metalic in it is THE worst when it comes time to peel it off, that is if you ever do. Speaking from expericance, that is the exact same blue I used to use for all my race car numbers back in the day (back in the day only being the last 2 to 3 years)..... it's a beiotch to peel off once it's been on for any period of time.

Black interior is a MUST now. Black with some blue maybe....

What's with the TM Trade Mark after Bat? Did I miss something when you came on board?

DeadEye, YES! Flat black on black, now that's EVIL KEWL! Go For it!

I have no plans of removing it. As for the trademark, just something I stuck on a long time ago when I was on another forum. I feel naked with out ;) .

Bat™

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Personally, I'd love to see black stripes on a Sapphire Blue car. I now people like the stripes to stand out, but that would be just enough for my tastes.

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Andrew,

Here is a pic of the rear I took yesterday. It shows your red overlay. See my post yesterday(Pics of my ACR). I gave you some props.

Thx, Mike

100852_2_060022ACR.jpg

:usa:

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Looks great Mike :) . How about some shots in the light. I'd like to add them to my Gallery if you don't mind ;) .

Bat™

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'll take some when I put on the next coat of Souveran on.

Mike

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice!
"Something wicked this way comes" ones the first thing that came to mind when I saw this pic :)
9963stripes2-med.jpg

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score

That's one of my favorite pics. I'm gonna take a few more tomorrow. I think one at an angle coming staight at ya will look cool :2tu:

Bat™

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Find a reputable place. Ask to see some pics of their work, especially of Vipers. Ask about any warranty on workmanship and material. Find tyhe color you want, most places carry a good selection of colors and finishes. I personally supplied my own vinyl because they did not have the color I wanted. That saved me $100 on material. Good Luck! What color are you looking into?

Bat™

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi