Battery.......again

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I've done this post myself but I'm no good which this forums search so here I go again:smirk:

Dead battery after only a year and the car won't open:mad: Lock under door not turning and I just forgot how to get the car/trunk open to replace the battery again.

Help:dunno:

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try firmly pushing on the end of the door (where it opens) while turning the key under the door. I tried this the other day and it worked like a charm.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try firmly pushing on the end of the door (where it opens) while turning the key under the door. I tried this the other day and it worked like a charm.

Thanks. I knew there was a trick.

How do I get the truck open? Last time the battery died it had enough juice to still open the truck.

Have not been able to drive it much, wonder if I should be buying an Optima battery.:confused:

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If battery has run down, check it with a load tester and I think a lot of the auto storefronts can test the battery, if run down badly, most life out of it and only replacing is the answer...unless you believe on Ebay about buying chemicals to put in the battery and bring it back to life ??

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The key should still be able to open the trunk. I would also recommend a battery tender as well. I have "The Battery Tender Plus" on both my vipers and it works like a charm.
Thanks. I knew there was a trick.

How do I get the truck open? Last time the battery died it had enough juice to still open the truck.

Have not been able to drive it much, wonder if I should be buying an Optima battery.:confused:

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Get an aftermarket battery. Once these batteries are discharged, they lose their ability to hold a charge. I went through three Mopar batteries before I came to my senses.

OP
OP
Andrew/USPWR

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the PM's and info. This will be my second battery in a year.

Does the key under the door open the truck as well??????

I've been really busy so i haven't been able to mess with it.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the PM's and info. This will be my second battery in a year.

Does the key under the door open the truck as well??????

I've been really busy so i haven't been able to mess with it.

No.

The ignition key (an SRT-10 Viper's ONLY key) will open the trunk if you put it in the keyhole and turn it.....

V

Venomiss

Since it's under warranty hopefully you got it replaced no charge. Let us know what happens.