Battery and speaker issues

n-mo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So last friday before leaving to watch my Fighting Irish DISMANTLE the Boilermakers, I decided to run an errand with the red and silver car. Well, apparently I had left the alarm on for 2 weeks and as a result had drained the battery. Getting home from South Bend on Sunday, I decided to fix my little problem by removing the battery (a VERY simple task I found out) and taking it to advance auto for a quick charge (was not able to jump start the car). A test was run, and apparently my Mopar battery was shot... bought an Optima red top, a battery charge tender, and came home. Due to the welding of my battery cradle, I was not able to fit the Optima. Brought it back, got the OEM one, reinsalled everything, and she fired right up. And to think, this only took 6 hours.

Now... here is where the problem lies.... my radio and disc changer work fine, but no sound is coming from my speakers. Did I damage a fuse? Which one would it be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Nate

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now... here is where the problem lies.... my radio and disc changer work fine, but no sound is coming from my speakers. Did I damage a fuse? Which one would it be?
Since both speakers are dead, it sounds like problems with the amplifier. (If only one door speaker was dead, I'd say you were finally afflicted with the wires breaking in the door wiring harness). So, it sounds like sometime during all that work that one of the following happened:

- the input or wiring harness to the trunk-mounted amplifier got disconnected,
- the power signal lead to the amp was disconnected (the lead from the head unit that tells the amp to turn on,
or, as you suggest,
- the fuse or circuit breaker to the amplifier got triggered

If the latter, I seem to recall that the fuse for the amp is in the trunk next to the amp?

OP
OP
N

n-mo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Randy,

Thanks, you're the man! Through all the haste to get her back on the road, I did not re-hook-up the amp to the positive terminal.... so... my speakers did not work. Thanks for the help!

-Nate

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, you're the man! Through all the haste to get her back on the road, I did not re-hook-up the amp to the positive terminal.... so... my speakers did not work. Thanks for the help!
Cool! Although, I note I didn't suggest that exact problem. :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog