Battery for 2006 Coupe

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure if Coupe differs from the Vert, but my 05 its in the truck area. You actually can see battery thru rear of bumper. I added on wiring to battery for quick connect battery tender. I accessed the terminals by unscrewing 4 screws and lifting a metal plate thats under the carpet in trunk on drivers side. Hope that helps.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Whew.... much better in that you don't have to jack the damn thing up and remove the wheel just to get to it.

If you're looking for a replacement, get an Optima Yellow Top 34/78.

OP
OP
C

Chris and Pam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm hoping that the battery is covered under warrenty since we bought the car in May. I'm glad that the battery is easier to get to so the dealer doesn't have to remove the wheel (the least work the better). I'm not sure if the local dealer has ever seen a viper but I'm going to have to feel them out to see if they can handle replacing the battery. Otherwise I may just take one a do it myself. We took the car out today to try to get the battery charged up some but I'm sure I'll be jumping it bright and early tomorrow to take it to the dealer. I've gotten really good jumping it - just keep the cables in the trunk. :crazy: It's been so warm in Jersey so far that you just get the urge to take it out.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had to replace Mopar batteries three times in my '05 (car has less than 1,400 miles) so I've lost all faith and confidence in them. The $160 or so bucks I spent on the Optima is well worth the piece of mind. Better battery and more CCA's.

Others claimed to have their OE battery last for years.