BBS ACR wheel center cap fell out

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Out for a cruise yesterday in perfect weather after 10 days of rain and after I return as I start to wash the car I notice my right rear stock BBS ACR wheel centercap is missing. :evilmad:

I've heard someone mention removing the centercaps for racing which seems reasonable but should I be concerned about losing more of them on the street? My driving, while spirited, wasn't even close to hi-performance. I drove over a few railroad crossings and did one high speed run, but I can't think of anything else that could have even contributed to it falling out. I don't remember it being cracked either.

The car was unattended for about 10 min. while I made a pitstop, but I didn't think the center caps were removeable from the front of the wheel, IF someone did steal it.

Anyone else have this issue with the ACR wheels?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The caps fall out because the are made of cheap plastic. The ears are under tension and break off. Check your other wheels as well. Mine started failing at 7,000 miles, really a materials design issue with BBS. Two small dabs of silicone on the inside of the wheel will prevent the cap from falling out when it fails, and they will all eventually fail. I pull my wheels off every couple of months for waxing and caught the cap issue before I lost them.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never had one fall out. Any chance someone popped one out for a souvenir? Necklace charm maybe? :D

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also lost one. I checked the others and caught the 2 others before they fell out. I now have a new set sitting in the tool box to save them and my BBS rims are stacked on the side to prevent damage.

OP
OP
B

bloose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If they're anything like my Mustang Cobra wheels you can only access them from the back side of the wheels so I doubt anyone stole it unless they smashed it with a hammer, and then what's the point.

Chuck, thanks for the bad news in advance. I was pretty sure it was at least $50.

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK here's the deal, I got some crazy glue. It has a very small opening on the cap, there is a little lip around the center cap. I ran a beed of crazy around it. I'll let you know how long it works. I would think quite awhile.
Yes, Allways look for the easy way out <1:0)=

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4