Be Careful If You Consider Buying A Viper From This Guy

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After checking the VCA classifieds for a replacement 96 or 97 Blue/White GTS, I focused on a 96 GTS owned by Brian Kervick of San Clemente CA. The CARFAX was clean showing only a single owner. I had a friend in the area look at the car and the condition was clean. I told Brian that I was interested in the car and asked if he had the title. He told me that Chrysler still had it because he owed them some penalty fees from the financing, but that he could have it in a week.

We agreed on a price and Brian asked if I would send a deposit to hold the car because he had others interested. I agreed and sent him a $2500 deposit and began making arrangements with Gary Almond to haul the car back to Texas. Two weeks later, still no title and lots of excuses from Brian about why the delay from the original estimate. Trying to be patient I waited another week, still no title, more excuses. I’m now concerned because Gary Almond is at the point of making a decision on heading to San Clemente from Canada to pick up the car. I’m not inclined to take possession of the vehicle without a title. I mentioned the situation in a conversation with Chuck Tator and he offered to run a warranty history on the car. Turned out that the car had an Arrow rebuilt motor, the transmission replaced twice and a laundry list of other warranty issues too numerous to mention. None of this major component failure information was mentioned by Brian when I was questioning him about the history of the car.

I immediately contacted Brian and asked him about the engine and transmission issues. He said the engine wasn’t replaced it was rebuilt and that he didn’t feel that it was worth mentioning to a prospective buyer. He went on to deny that the transmission was ever out of the car. I asked him why the DC warranty history indicated that it was replaced twice and he said his dealer was using his VIN number to do warranty work on other cars and that I could call him to verify this. At this point, the whole deal smelled like a dead fish so I told Brian that I would like to kill the deal and look for another car. I even offered to let him keep $1100 of my deposit because that’s what he said he had to send to DC to get the title. Brian agreed and said he would send me a check for the balance of $1400.

Needless to say, it’s ten days later, I haven’t received the check and Brian will not return phone messages or answer his cell phone. Draw your own conclusions, but to this point, I believe I’ve been had.
:mad: :usa:

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After reading this I will say there seems to be a problem. But as far as the title issue with Chrysler they are slow as crap to issue a lien free title.
I bought my car from Marvin Rose in Fresno California. The car must have been on consignment. After I purchased the car it was immediately delivered. But the title came 6 weeks later. This was in the dead of winter so it was not really a big deal. But I could not drive the car until the title was in hand. Per state of CT DMV.

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding this story and so many others you hear on this site, the secondary automotive market is just RIDICULOUS at this point. Cars, parts, service, etc., it one scam, disappointment and story after another. It's a good thing Shelby3 didn't pay for the whole car, but it's still a crime to be out the $2500. [Even assuming the seller isn't scamming but just can't get his problems together, not my problem.] There are a couple of names that never have problems (ie Chuck Tator) but when you go to someone new, it like a damn crap shoot at this point. I can't bring myself to even browse E-bay at this point.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The warranty work wouldn't bother me with the car if it was done correctly. Obviously, it would bother me that he failed to tell me about it!

Now on the the delay part, it very well can be DC's slow process that is holding things up. You might want to call them and find out about that. Someone here should be able to help you!??

I wish you the best in this situation, and hope the check arrives soon!
Can I ask what kind of deal you were getting on the GTS? Just wondering if it was one of those--2 good to be true deals, that ended up just that again.

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shelby3,
You have an IM. I was going to buy this car and my gutt feeling suggested I should pass. No, It was not a 2 good to be true price. I dont know how much Shelby3 was going to pay but I can tell you I had my cashiers check and was ready to pick the car up. I am sure Shelby3 was going to buy it for more then I was because Brian decided to sell it to him. Man...I was going to pay him in full.

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The warranty work wouldn't bother me with the car if it was done correctly. Obviously, it would bother me that he failed to tell me about it!

Now on the the delay part, it very well can be DC's slow process that is holding things up. You might want to call them and find out about that. Someone here should be able to help you!??

I wish you the best in this situation, and hope the check arrives soon!
Can I ask what kind of deal you were getting on the GTS? Just wondering if it was one of those--2 good to be true deals, that ended up just that again.

I had two problems with the undisclosed warranty work.

Why does a car need a rebuilt motor and two new transmissions under 20K miles?

Also when he told me about a dealer using the VIN number to do warranty work on other cars the BS siren went off full volume. It should have gone off much earlier.

The car was not a too good to be true price. I'm not holding my breath on getting a check from Brian. :mad: :usa:

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have demanded my money back in full........forget giving him $1100 so that he could pay DC off on the penalties etc. You are too kind, Shelby. He never disclosed pertinent info. even after being asked about such. He messed up and doesn't need to be rewarded by gaining $1100 on a no-sale. I would let my attorney make a few calls to him. Have you checked with DC to see if that story holds water......and I am sure DC would like to know more about his dealership using his VIN # to make warranty repairs on other cars........hmmmmmmmmmmm........can you say fraud??? No wonder the extended warranty cost so much......

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shelby3,

VIPERCANE is right. You should demand all your money. The seller did not
believe rebuilding the engine or replacing the tranny was important to disclose??? Check your IM, I will let you know what my neighbor(lawyer)can do.

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, there's no reason to give him the $1100. Generousity isn't something this guy is looking for, he's looking to scam you. I don't care WHAT has been done to the car, it is their duty to let you know the complete history and condition of the car to their knowledge WHETHER you ask it or not. Anything less from the seller and he's shady.

As for the Arrow rebuild, that usually what happens when you have the head gasket recall work right? I could be wrong though...

Two tranny replacements are fishy though, ESPECIALLY if he didn't mention it. That could be either bad luck or severe abuse. Either way, it still means you might be getting into a lemon and you deserve to have all the information up front before you make the decision.

A simple call from a lawyer and/or a justice fraud department of some kind usually does a lot of wonders. I had someone on ebay not send tires once, and gave me the run around for a few months... When the internet fraud division of the FBI contacted the guy, I had my tires in less than a week.

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 1994, I met Brian and his dad when they came to pick up the dads new Yellow RT. It was the first car I ever did any mods to. In '96 both took delivery of new coupes. Brian and I began going to Viper Club events together and soon became friends. The elder Kervick has since sold his coupe and gone through a '98 and 2000 RT. Well, thier business has seen better days and now Brian has to sell his coupe. I have been the only person to work on that car since day one. I'll address each issue here. I really think that everyone agrees that it's possible for the title to take upwards of six weeks to receive. Everyone cool with that?

Next, there is obviously some warranty repair issue screw up. Shelby, after your conversation with Brian, he immediatly called me, upset wanting answers. He even asked me if he could dispute the warranty repair history.I think Brian was wrong for saying those things in relation to his vin. That just can't happen. I personally cannot remember the repair history of this car in regards to what was done last year, let alone 6 or 8 years ago. I suggested there may have been a problem with a service writer writing up his car by mistake when his father's car was there for repairs. Consiquenlty his vin would get recorded for repairs that were done to his father's car. There is also the issue if the person inputing the labor codes to pay the tech uses the wrong labor code. It was a big issue with neutral gear rattle when those cars came out. Any dealer experienced Viper tech will tell you that. I can't remember how many cars we had the transmissions in and out of. It's possible the trans may have been taking in and out without being replaced. Brian would never intentionally hide this from you. He didn't tell you because he thought it was no big deal. He assumed everyone knew a Arrow rebuilt engine is better than stock. It's actually a good thing it was done. I would have told a perspective buyer. It's a shame it fell through, it's a nice car. Brian isn't screwing you over, he just hasn't returned you call. Believe me, I'll find him and have him call you.

Now for Cobra. Here's a good one. I've got this guy interested in Brians car, we'll call him Bob. Bob meets Brian and checks out the car, Bob's son goes for a ride. Bob likes the car but wants something at a lower price. Cobra from Texas calls and his buddy checks it out and gives it a go. Next, a guy from so. Orange County calls, we'll call him Larry. Larry has a kid on the way, but says he wants a Viper to replace his '97 Coupe that got stolen. Larry goes to the house and checks it out. Says he doesn't need to drive it because he had one. Cobra wants to send a check for a deposit, but Larry's got a check for a bit less. A few days pass. Well, Bob comes by my shop in a '97 coupe he bought from some guy with a kid on the way, named Larry. He bought it right here in so. Orange County. Brian decides not to sell the car to Larry.

He and or I would never intend on hiding any repairs done on this car period.
This car is like family. He bought it new. We tried to keep the car local and sell it to someone we knew so it wouldn't be hammered. It's a shame it came to this because it's a great car.dj

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 1994, I met Brian and his dad when they came to pick up the dads new Yellow RT. It was the first car I ever did any mods to. In '96 both took delivery of new coupes. Brian and I began going to Viper Club events together and soon became friends. The elder Kervick has since sold his coupe and gone through a '98 and 2000 RT. Well, thier business has seen better days and now Brian has to sell his coupe. I have been the only person to work on that car since day one. I'll address each issue here. I really think that everyone agrees that it's possible for the title to take upwards of six weeks to receive. Everyone cool with that? Next, there is obviously some warranty repair issue screw up. Shelby, after your conversation with Brian, he immediatly called me, upset wanting answers. He even asked me if he could dispute the warranty repair history.I think Brian was wrong for saying those things in relation to his vin. That just can't happen. I personally cannot remember the repair history of this car in regards to what was done last year, let alone 6 or 8 years ago. I suggested there may have been a problem with a service writer writing up his car by mistake when his father's car was there for repairs. Consiquenlty his vin would get recorded for repairs that were done to his father's car. There is also the issue if the person inputing the labor codes to pay the tech uses the wrong labor code. It was a big issue with neutral gear rattle when those cars came out. Any dealer experienced Viper tech will tell you that. I can't remember how many cars we had the transmissions in and out of. It's possible the trans may have been taking in and out without being replaced. Brian would never intentionally hide this from you. He didn't tell you because he thought it was no big deal. He assumed everyone knew a Arrow rebuilt engine is better than stock. It's actually a good thing it was done. I would have told a perspective buyer. It's a shame it fell through, it's a nice car. Brian isn't screwing you over, he just hasn't returned you call. Believe me, I'll find him and have him call you.
Now for Shelby3. Here's a good one. I've got this guy interested in Brians car, we'll call him Bob. Bob meets Brian and checks out the car, Bob's son goes for a ride. Bob likes the car but wants something at a lower price. Cobra from Texas calls and his buddy checks it out and gives it a go. Next, a guy from so. Orange County calls, we'll call him Larry. Larry has a kid on the way, but says he wants a Viper to replace his '97 Coupe that got stolen. Larry goes to the house and checks it out. Says he doesn't need to drive it because he had one. Cobra wants to send a check for a deposit, but Larry's got a check for a bit less. A few days pass. Well, Bob comes by my shop in a '97 coupe he bought from some guy with a kid on the way, named Larry. He bought it right here in so. Orange County. Brian decides not to sell the car to Larry.

This car is like family. He bought it new. We tried to keep the car local and sell it to someone we knew so it wouldn't be hammered. It's a shame it came to this because it's a great car.dj

David, If it was going to take six weeks to get the title, why was I told one week? However, the primary reason I wanted out of the deal was the undisclosed extensive warrarty history. If an Arrow rebuild is even better than a stock engine, why wouldn't Brian disclose this upfront? I don't think the majority of Viper buyers consider an engine rebuild as an upper in the value of a used Viper. When the discussion on the transmission replacements was explained as a dealer using Brian's VIN to do work on other cars, well I didn't even want to go there. Brian has a cell phone with messaging on it as well as a home phone with the same. I have left several messages with no response.

Photo pro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like the worst part of this whole transaction is communication; rather, the lack of it. Being up front and transparent during a business deal is paramount to conveying confidence, trust and presumed honesty.

Brian may be a nice guy and the car may be great. At this point Shelby3 wants out and I think he deserves out. I think Shelby3 is due a full refund. I am sure that Brian will find another buyer.

Lesson learned on both sides.

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DJ, I had 2 Vipers. One was stolen back at the end of February and the other one my dad helped me buy in Texas because my insurance company only compensated me with 36k. I borrowed 7k from my dad and drove the car back. I kept the car and my dad had no problem with it. He told me to pay him when I could and that he also was on the hunt for one himself. I went ahead and put my car for sale not even 3 months after I bought it, and having a kid on the way did not help me keep it.I felt bad because here he was letting me borrow money to buy my own Viper when he also wanted one. Anyway, I sold the car and the very next day told my dad. He was pissed, he told me that he had given me the 7k and I did not need to pay him back. Ok, I am rambling now, but to make the long story short, I tried buying the car from Brian on my dads behalf but he ended up selling it. We all know what after that. I ended up buying one in Sacramento and onother in Arizona for my dad.

When I talked to Brian he did not seem to clear on the facts about the car. Hell, maybe it was just me but not returning phone calls and being 1500 miles away from the buyer with $2500 does not help.

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cobra, can you see how it seemed a bit odd? This all comes down to a lack of comunication. It was hard not to think something was kinked when you told him it was stolen and then a guy shows up in your old car.......my bad, I didn't know the FULL story. He didn't want to sell you the car because of that.

I'm certain Shelby will be contacted soon to get this finalized. As far as still finding a buyer for this car, I don't think anyone here would want it just because of the initial post. It's going to be harder for him to sell it now.
If you were looking for a used Viper and saw this post, you'd probably wouldn't go near this car because of what was written.dj

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shelby3,

Sorry this one didn't work out for you. Let me know how I can help in the future.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Also when he told me about a dealer using the VIN number to do warranty work on other cars the BS siren went off full volume. It should have gone off much earlier.

The car was not a too good to be true price. I'm not holding my breath on getting a check from Brian. :mad: :usa:

Yeah, I gave it some more thought, and read through what happened and if I am finding out about all the UNDISCLOSED warranty work I would be upset also. You never know what else they are hiding also!

Using he VIN number to do other work would have just topped it off for me too!

Good luck getting your cash!!

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cobra, can you see how it seemed a bit odd? This all comes down to a lack of comunication. It was hard not to think something was kinked when you told him it was stolen and then a guy shows up in your old car.......my bad, I didn't know the FULL story. He didn't want to sell you the car because of that.

I'm certain Shelby will be contacted soon to get this finalized. As far as still finding a buyer for this car, I don't think anyone here would want it just because of the initial post. It's going to be harder for him to sell it now.
If you were looking for a used Viper and saw this post, you'd probably wouldn't go near this car because of what was written.dj

Was anything writen about this car that isn't true? If so, please point it out. You indicated yourself that the Arrow rebuild should have been disclosed and I still haven't heard an explanation about the two transmission changes that makes any sense. I'm sure DC wouldn't be impressed to hear that technicians charge warranty work to the wrong vehicles. I'll keep everyone posted as to whether or not Brian is the stand up guy you are representing him to be. :2tu: :usa:

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, I gave it some more thought, and read through what happened and if I am finding out about all the UNDISCLOSED warranty work I would be upset also. You never know what else they are hiding also!

Using he VIN number to do other work would have just topped it off for me too!

Good luck getting your cash!!

Is it possible that a '96 needed an engine overhaul and trans under 20k miles? Anyone every have their engine overhauled or trans replaced? anyone???
Was he trying to hide it? Hell no. Let's talk about all the UNDISCLOSED warranty work. I'm sure there's a list of stuff that was done to the car under warranty. If it had an alarm module put in it and he didn't tell you about it, would it matter? How about both lt. and rt. door stanchion covers where the w/strips tear? Do you know that the fix for that torn w/strip included replacing both door windows glasses? Should he have disclosed that? The car probably has the updated hood switch for the alarm. There was a TSB on this with a symptom of it killing the battery. So if it had a battery put in it under warranty in 1997, I guess he should of disclosed that too. ANYTHING done is considered undisclosed if you don't tell them.

Did you even know there was an issue with those engines using oil and pinging on acceleration? Initially motors were sent bank to Detroit to repair the pinging. Seemed like it was mostley California cars due to low quality of gas.
Brian thought the engine overhaul was no big deal considering the buyer was a previous owner. He assumed anyone who's on the board knew an Arrow rebuilt motor was better than stock. And no, it doesn't make the cars value any greater, it just makes it a better engine.

There's nothing to hide. I think anyone buying a Viper should call Tator to get the warranty history. What's his number?

I'm not here to speak for Brian, I'm just telling my side of the story.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bottom line - an Arrow rebuild should be disclosed. A knowlegable previous owner would not have been swayed, in fact - they'd be happy - Arrow folks wear their rebuilds like a badge of honor. Tranny replacements should have been disclosed - even 1 tranny replacement should have been disclosed. If there was a VIN mixup, and there was only 1 vs. 2, if the one had been disclosed, it wouldn't have been a big deal.

Since these items were not disclosed, and there are communications issues, the deposit should be refunded.

If the car is all there - and legit - he should have no problem selling it and he'll have learned a valuable lesson in disclosure - especially on items so easy to verify doing a warranty search.

And yes - there is a BIG FREAKING DIFFERENCE between engine rebuilds, tranny replacements vs alarm modules and door stachions - you know that. Don't insult our intelligence by placing the same weight on those "warranty issues".

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[Was anything writen about this car that isn't true? If so, please point it out. You indicated yourself that the Arrow rebuild should have been disclosed and I still haven't heard an explanation about the two transmission changes that makes any sense. I'm sure DC wouldn't be impressed to hear that technicians charge warranty work to the wrong vehicles. I'll keep everyone posted as to whether or not Brian is the stand up guy you are representing him to be. :2tu: :usa:

[/QUOTE]

Must explain more clearly. If I were selling my car, I would disclose the engine overhaul IF asked. I probably wouldn't bring it up unless it made the sale. What discussions you and Brian had, I don't know. I personally can't give you an explanation about the two transmission changes. You should call the dealer. You should also get straight on who charges the warranty work. Technicians don't. They DO the work. If it was charged on the wrong car, it's not the techs fault. You shouldn't impley that they do, kind of makes me look bad, and I don't like that.

Here's the explain more clearly part...... if the car had the trans taken out to try and diagnose a neutral gear rattle noise, or for that matter any other noise, and the trans WAS NOT replaced but reinstalled, it's possible the person looking up the repair operation labor code could have used the operation number for replacing the trans even if it wasn't replaced. There are labor operation numbers for just about anything, but not everything. I can't tell you what was done. Bottom line, I've worked on over 300 different Vipers over the past 10 years. I can't remember what was done on one car or the next. I know the engine was overhauled, but I don't remember why.

I got into this to defend a friend and now it seems like I'm defending myself!!
How did that happen? I came on here to try and help this get cleared up. dj

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would disclose an Arrow rebuild and a tranny change. My car had both done when I bought it and both are a plus. Arrow rebuild will not lower the value, might just add some. A new tranny installed ? (if it happened) Whats the big deal....a new tranny is GOOD....we change trannys at the drag strip, no big deal.
Bottom line, all should have been disclosed, but should not have killed the deal if disclosed.

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And yes - there is a BIG FREAKING DIFFERENCE between engine rebuilds, tranny replacements vs alarm modules and door stachions - you know that. Don't insult our intelligence by placing the same weight on those "warranty issues".

[/QUOTE]

Janny I wasn't trying to insult anyones intelligence, didn't figure on anyone getting insulted. Don't know why you did. I wrote that in response to the terms "laundry list" and UNDISCLOSED warranty repaires. As you can see in the first post, Shelby refers to a laundry list of warranty repairs. Further down you'll see a post, by another person, that refers to UNDISCLOSED warranty repairs. The laundry list of UNDISCLOSED repairs that I wrote about included those items that insulted your intelligence. I was trying to explain that there was probably a whole bunch of other warranty work done that was on the UNDISCLOSED laundry list. In other words, the "UNDISCLOSED laundry list" that Tator has, is in fact, repairs that were done to the car that were common issues for that model, GOT IT? IT"S NOT UNCOMMON TO HAVE AN 8 YEAR OLD CAR WITH SEVERAL REPAIRS IN THE HISTORY. The only weight placed on it was by you.

Secondly, I just don't think anyone, member or not, who visits this board and reads these posts will be interested in it.dj

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
In 1994, I met Brian and his dad when they came to pick up the dads new Yellow RT. It was the first car I ever did any mods to. In '96 both took delivery of new coupes. Brian and I began going to Viper Club events together and soon became friends. The elder Kervick has since sold his coupe and gone through a '98 and 2000 RT. Well, thier business has seen better days and now Brian has to sell his coupe. I have been the only person to work on that car since day one. I'll address each issue here. I really think that everyone agrees that it's possible for the title to take upwards of six weeks to receive. Everyone cool with that?

Next, there is obviously some warranty repair issue screw up. Shelby, after your conversation with Brian, he immediatly called me, upset wanting answers. He even asked me if he could dispute the warranty repair history.I think Brian was wrong for saying those things in relation to his vin. That just can't happen. I personally cannot remember the repair history of this car in regards to what was done last year, let alone 6 or 8 years ago. I suggested there may have been a problem with a service writer writing up his car by mistake when his father's car was there for repairs. Consiquenlty his vin would get recorded for repairs that were done to his father's car. There is also the issue if the person inputing the labor codes to pay the tech uses the wrong labor code. It was a big issue with neutral gear rattle when those cars came out. Any dealer experienced Viper tech will tell you that. I can't remember how many cars we had the transmissions in and out of. It's possible the trans may have been taking in and out without being replaced. Brian would never intentionally hide this from you. He didn't tell you because he thought it was no big deal. He assumed everyone knew a Arrow rebuilt engine is better than stock. It's actually a good thing it was done. I would have told a perspective buyer. It's a shame it fell through, it's a nice car. Brian isn't screwing you over, he just hasn't returned you call. Believe me, I'll find him and have him call you.

Now for Cobra. Here's a good one. I've got this guy interested in Brians car, we'll call him Bob. Bob meets Brian and checks out the car, Bob's son goes for a ride. Bob likes the car but wants something at a lower price. Cobra from Texas calls and his buddy checks it out and gives it a go. Next, a guy from so. Orange County calls, we'll call him Larry. Larry has a kid on the way, but says he wants a Viper to replace his '97 Coupe that got stolen. Larry goes to the house and checks it out. Says he doesn't need to drive it because he had one. Cobra wants to send a check for a deposit, but Larry's got a check for a bit less. A few days pass. Well, Bob comes by my shop in a '97 coupe he bought from some guy with a kid on the way, named Larry. He bought it right here in so. Orange County. Brian decides not to sell the car to Larry.

Can you flow chart above for me? I've got a headache just reading this thread. Shelby3, you should get ALL your money back. Good luck!

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must be missing something here. It is a used car, when i purchase a used car I always assume something has been done to it before I got it. Nothing is perfect. I must have gone thru over 30 used cars in my lifetime, from trucks to corvettes and Vipers, Stupid me, I never even expected the dealer to tell me all the previous work done on the car. I have checked the car myself, and when in doubt had a professional wrench check it for me.

If it had been wrecked and fixed by that dealers bodyshop I would like to know, but I wouldn't expect the dealer to tell me unless I asked. A good friend just purchased a used Viper that had some paint work done (very nice I must say) and the selling dealer told him it was orig paint. To the casual observer it looked to be origional. the dealer was wrong but may have been a honest mistake.

Good luck with your future purchase, and comming check. I hope all works out for you.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must be missing something here. It is a used car, when i purchase a used car I always assume something has been done to it before I got it. Nothing is perfect. I must have gone thru over 30 used cars in my lifetime, from trucks to corvettes and Vipers, Stupid me, I never even expected the dealer to tell me all the previous work done on the car. I have checked the car myself, and when in doubt had a professional wrench check it for me.

If it had been wrecked and fixed by that dealers bodyshop I would like to know, but I wouldn't expect the dealer to tell me unless I asked. A good friend just purchased a used Viper that had some paint work done (very nice I must say) and the selling dealer told him it was orig paint. To the casual observer it looked to be origional. the dealer was wrong but may have been a honest mistake.

Good luck with your future purchase, and comming check. I hope all works out for you.

Bottom line the Seller was wrong for not disclosing. He should give Shelby3 all his money back and be done with it. He screwed himself by not giving accurate info in the beginning. Brian quit dodging and pay up!!!! You should give all his money back.

David, enough with the excuses. Your buddy needs to acknowledge his mistake.

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MANYTOY if you read post #423903 you'll see that I am not speaking for Brian. Did you read it? If it sounds like I am trying to make excuses, you're wrong. Excuses for what? The warranty history? Help me out with an explination.

MIKEP-You'll notice I said I would disclose this if asked on my car. Key word being MY. My old roadster has a bunch of miles on it. The engine was redone several years and 30,000 miles ago. I wouldn't think it would factor into the sell of MY car. If someone were to ask I would tell them. I don't think it would make or break the deal in my case. Every deal is different though. Do you understand that I am not selling this car??? It's a friends car. I put it on my site to add more pictures. Maybe you didn't realize this, but thanks for the site link.

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So basically it is buyer beware when dealing with David Jenkins, unless you can think of EVERY possible question about your cars. :rolleyes:

And we wonder why used car salesman are thought of as snakes.

MIKEP- NO ONE IS DEALING WITH ME. I AM NOT SELLING THIS CAR. IT IS A PRIVATE SELLER WHO IS A FRIEND. THAT REMARK YOU MADE ABOUT ME COULD BE QUITE DAMAGING.
I'M NOT A SALESMAN AND SURELY NOT A SNAKE.

www.VICTORYSPEED.NET

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So call your friend and tell him to do the right thing and send Shelby3 all of his money back. I know your not selling the car. If he won't return Shelby3's calls then maybe he would return yours and you could help in getting this straightened out. At least you would be helping a fellow Viper owner.

OP
OP
S

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, here's the bottom line. If you are selling a used Viper whose warranty history shows an engine rebuild at 8K miles and two transmission replacements you should disclose this information and explain why these significant events occurred. Especially if you are the only previous owner. Brian did not remember why the engine was replaced and the explanation in this thread regarding the transmission still does not make sense. Brian and I had an agreement on how to terminate the deal which I am prepared to stand by. If he refunds $1400 of the deposit as he said he would, I'm fine with letting it drop. I'll keep the board posted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc