Beautiful 1996 GTS for sale on eBay

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umm No. Not at the almost 6 figure asking price. That's why it's been for sale for so long.

Nice car, just needs a little more time.

That is a beautiful car. If I was looking for a Blue and White I would be all over that. :2tu:

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Rob,

I thought you were going to donate your Viper to my stable? Are you going on the Big Bear Cruise? Make sure you drag Armen out too!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time capsule car.........11 year old brand new car. Saw it up close, awsome condition.
Some will say well it ougt to be like a new car, but I have seen cars with less than 1k on the clock that looked like they had 30k.

That is sick low miles.........guy drove it home and threw away the keys .......lol!

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To drive that car safely it would require a lot of maintenance imo.

A leak down and compression check would be mandatory too.

upper 50's would be a decent price but get ready to spend 2-3K to make it drivable.

Les Quam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Upper 50s would be a steal for that car. Anyone know the owner history?

I also think GEN 1 and 2 Vipers will be appreciating significantly sooner than 30 years from now in terms of being appreciating collectibles. I think their low annual build volume makes them already a consideration for collector purposes.

It's also getting difficult to find original parts for these cars, and from model year to model year there were numerous different parts unique to each year plus they were handbuilt in low volume and to the best of my knowledge the only big block factory performance cars built since the 60s??? IMHO all that adds up to being collectible relatively soon? If the new federal regulations and gas prices put a quick end to the HP wars they could become appreciating collectibles in the near term.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Upper 50s would be a steal for that car. Anyone know the owner history?

I also think GEN 1 and 2 Vipers will be appreciating significantly sooner than 30 years from now in terms of being appreciating collectibles. I think their low annual build volume makes them already a consideration for collector purposes.

It's also getting difficult to find original parts for these cars, and from model year to model year there were numerous different parts unique to each year plus they were handbuilt in low volume and to the best of my knowledge the only big block factory performance cars built since the 60s??? IMHO all that adds up to being collectible relatively soon? If the new federal regulations and gas prices put a quick end to the HP wars they could become appreciating collectibles in the near term.

I agree, with the super low production numbers, classic styling and high horsepower from the V10 these cars are sure to be collectibles. Then factor in how many have been wrecked and how many are raggy and the numbers get even lower. And if I am wrong it is no big deal since I am sure owning one will be even more fun than my vette's were and at the very least I do not expect the car will depreciate at the rate my C5 is.

bth1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wonder if he bought that car from a place in Summit NJ. There was a place there selling Vipers and had a low mile B/W that seemed to have the same miles. If so it was one amazing car.

Daddy Long Stroke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are those factory stripes? I could have sworn no production Vipers had the stripes continue through the rear license plate area-

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At 433-miles, it makes me wonder if the car will have any issues since it's hardly been driven over the past 11-years.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure I got the right car here. Second owner was Bill Pemberton who kept it for quite a while and obviously maintained it. Third owner was a guy who owned an Exotic car dealership in NJ who Bill sold it too. No miles put on, the guy bought it for an investment. I saw the car there when I bought my second Black/Silver car, and Bernie bought the car from them and we know Bernie only goes for the best also. I suggest anyone interested give him a call, he has had the car quite awhile, you might be pleasantly surprised, I have heard of some very tasty deals coming out of Bernies store in the last few weeks. Now that the new store is up and running I'm sure he wants to crank some volume in order to generate sales.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure I got the right car here. Second owner was Bill Pemberton who kept it for quite a while and obviously maintained it. Third owner was a guy who owned an Exotic car dealership in NJ who Bill sold it too. No miles put on, the guy bought it for an investment. I saw the car there when I bought my second Black/Silver car, and Bernie bought the car from them and we know Bernie only goes for the best also. I suggest anyone interested give him a call, he has had the car quite awhile, you might be pleasantly surprised, I have heard of some very tasty deals coming out of Bernies store in the last few weeks. Now that the new store is up and running I'm sure he wants to crank some volume in order to generate sales.

yes. Ive seen this car when it was in NJ, is perfect... No car collection should be without a time capsule B&W GTS. This is one you buy, and forget you own.

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Lee, The car actually began life in North Carolina at M&L Motors new and is a one owner car (discounting the two dealers and myself), with all documentation and original Bill of Sale. As far as concerns about the car it has been started and run for 2 fan cycles weekly, gas additive has aslo been added so the fuel will not go bad, and the tires have been inflated to 50 psi and stored off of the car. I bought this car for an investment and listed on Autotrader with no intent on selling at the price listed. The car was sold from M&L Dodge out of NC with the original owners info and the in service date on all of the documentation from the Connor Avenue Plant the in service date was January 1997. The car was traded in at Woodhouse in September 2005 and them picked up by John Bedrosian (Performance Auto) as a car he was going to put away and keep to collect, and John is a dealer. I then purchased this car and the 2002 Graphite GTS from John in August of 2006 and have it at my house since then. The car is pretty incredible and has every piece of documentation and should make for a very collectible car in years to come. I am selling it for a little more than Rev Heats estimate. If anyone is interested feel free call me I have it on EBay and it will sell to someone looking for a car that is new in everyway.

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its worth every penny. Would make a cool piece of art in a house big enough to hold it. One day we will remember how much it was going for and only wish we would have bought it.

Rev

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang