been almost a week, not a single call

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a hopeful future owner I am actively looking for either a 96 97 b/w GTS. In my own mind I feel like it makes more sense to buy my dream car for between 38-45K rather than buy my second choice a C6Z for 50K or GT-500 for 45K.

Now here is the problem, I can get financed on the later two cars...the Viper not so much. I think most people who would be interested in your car can't afford to just drop the cash right now. Guys like me who would love to have it can't get a bank to see the logic in buying a car that has already fully depreciated and still sustaining a high value over a new car that will not be worth half of what the note on it is inside of 3 years.

I wish you the best of luck man, because honestly if you had a b/w GTS then we would be the perfect pair...you dying to sell your car for a great price and me dying to buy it with no way to finance it.

Whitten,
You might check out Woodside Credit. BJ Motors (a sponsor here who happens to have several B/W cars for sale right now) has a link on their site for Woodside. They do financing for classic and collector cars and have loan programs for "higher dollar acquisitions" which a B/W probably isn't, but it can't hurt to check and see what they can do for ya.

Good luck with your search!

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Whitten,
You might check out Woodside Credit. BJ Motors (a sponsor here who happens to have several B/W cars for sale right now) has a link on their site for Woodside. They do financing for classic and collector cars and have loan programs for "higher dollar acquisitions" which a B/W probably isn't, but it can't hurt to check and see what they can do for ya.

Good luck with your search!

And Bernie is a great guy to deal with.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
eBay is not the offical word on the value of a make and model car, but you can gather a ton of valuable information from spending 10 minutes browsing "Dodge Viper." You've gotta remember that the '08s just came out and a ton of guys are moving up. GEN II's are all over the price board and there's more than enough to go around.

Ive seen the same few cars which are in great condition and priced fairly moderately re-listed for weeks nearly months. As many other members have pointed out, this is not the season to sell. The economy is not helping either. (Don't get me started there)

I guess my point here is that I agree with everyone is saying this is a buyers market for these cars right now. If financing is available, and most likely it will be for Viper customers, people are gonna get great deals.

Store it for the winter if you can, and hopefully this election will turn the economy around and next spring you'll get 5-8k more than you would now.