Before & after lowering Pics RT-10 & GTS

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you that wanted to see side by side pics of a GTS and RT-10 lowered here ya go.
Finally got around to lowering the wife's GTS since I put the wheels on it. The car was lowered with Eibachs and the stock Koni's were adjusted 1.5 turns out. Look is much improved and the ride feels great.

BEFORE :(
GTS_New_Wheels1.JPG

GTS_New_Wheels3.JPG

AFTER :D
GTSLow2.JPG

GTSLow0.JPG

GTSLow4.JPG

Here are some pics of my 95 Gen I that I lowered about 2 years ago with Intrax Springs since you can't get Eibach's any longer. Over all the car seems to sit a little lower than with the Eibachs. The look is not as dramatic since the car only has 17" HRE's on it. What can I say they are old and have been on the car 10 + years.

BEFORE:( & Ready for OFF Road Excursion.
2222Yellow_RT-10noengine.JPG

That one was without engine.
2222NewViperPic_DuskLarge.jpg

2222NewViperPic2Large.jpg

AFTER:D
ViperLowered2.JPG

ViperLowered3.JPG

Alley2.JPG

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS looks perfect now, nice going.

the gen1 was a serious 4x4 before the lowering, damn. but looks great now

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great! I had my Gen IV lowered. I'm so used to the lowered look of the Gen IV that my Gen II now looks like an off roader. :)

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you that wanted to see side by side pics of a GTS and RT-10 lowered here ya go.
Finally got around to lowering the wife's GTS since I put the wheels on it. The car was lowered with Eibachs and the stock Koni's were adjusted 1.5 turns out. Look is much improved and the ride feels great.

BEFORE :(
GTS_New_Wheels1.JPG

GTS_New_Wheels3.JPG

AFTER :D
GTSLow2.JPG

GTSLow0.JPG

GTSLow4.JPG

Here are some pics of my 95 Gen I that I lowered about 2 years ago with Intrax Springs since you can't get Eibach's any longer. Over all the car seems to sit a little lower than with the Eibachs. The look is not as dramatic since the car only has 17" HRE's on it. What can I say they are old and have been on the car 10 + years.

BEFORE:( & Ready for OFF Road Excursion.
2222Yellow_RT-10noengine.JPG

That one was without engine.
2222NewViperPic_DuskLarge.jpg

2222NewViperPic2Large.jpg

AFTER:D
ViperLowered2.JPG

ViperLowered3.JPG

Alley2.JPG

Wow!! Both snakes look much better! :2tu:

Are the new wheels on the GTS 19's or 18's?

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MY RT/10 seemed like it had a more "slammed" look than my GTS does. Both had Eibach Pro Kit springs. My GTS seems to have setteled a bit, but still doesn't look as low as my RT/10 did. Something about the RT/s that take well to springs.

OP
OP
A

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys! Definitelly a dramatic improvment in looks.

The wheels on the GTS are 19 ".

Also, I got rid of the Elite Motorsports fascia more or less because I grew tired of it. Had it on the car for 3 or 4 years. In fact Danny's auto put it on. It needed a lot of work. Sold it to a buddy with a GTS that has the Hennessey wing and it looks better on a GTS. Just my .02 Cents.

I agree the RT-10 does seem to sit a little lower. Not sure if it is the difference in the Gen I and Gen II suspension or the fact that I have Intrax on the RT-10. Frog based on your observation it may be the difference in the two suspension setups. The car hopefully will settle some, just finished them up this past weekend.

Ed

OP
OP
A

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great! I had my Gen IV lowered. I'm so used to the lowered look of the Gen IV that my Gen II now looks like an off roader. :)

Brian,

Which car you bringing to the covered bridge tour? I agree your Gen IV looks killer, can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Ed

OP
OP
A

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious which car do you guys think looks better or meaner? :dunno:Now that I put the wheels on the GTS and lowered it, all my friends are liking the wife's car more than my Old RT!
I might need some bigger wheels now. :2tu:

NorthernSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
which one looks meaner...bah, i dont care. I'm just impressed that your wife has a GTS! Being a woman who owns a gts (with mods no less) puts her in a club that probably has fewer members than i have digits.

Two very nice looking cars you two have got there and they both look much better lowered. drive them lots!

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really want to lower mine but I have one of those curve up lips on the driveway that is already a pain in the ass at stock height. I think I need a ramp of some sort

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ed,
Angela's car looks great!!:2tu: What a difference the wheels and lowering will do....

Meaner.... You know the answer. The yellow banana, its WIDE, LOW and its bottlefed!:headbang:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The yellow banana looks way meaner...follow both of them down the road once. No comparison:2tu:

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian,
Which car you bringing to the covered bridge tour? I agree your Gen IV looks killer, can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Ed - Planning to bring the Gen IV but been having some issues as of late. Downshifting to eventually stop stalls the car? Car has 50 miles on the clock and no check engine light. :dunno:

Taking it to Mr. Tator the week before the cruise. If that doesn't get worked out, I'll be bringing the the 01 GTS.

Are you bringing your vert?

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious which car do you guys think looks better or meaner? :dunno:Now that I put the wheels on the GTS and lowered it, all my friends are liking the wife's car more than my Old RT!
I might need some bigger wheels now. :2tu:

I'm with you. I think bigger wheels on the RT would improve the look now that it is lowered. By no means does it look bad now, but I think more rim and less tire would be the ticket. :2tu:

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So...what's the new ground clearance at the bottom lip of the front fascia air deflector? Judging from those pics if I did that to my car the fascia would be scratched beyond repair the first time I pulled in or out of my driveway.

D

DAMN YANKEE

Im not happy with the way mine worked out..

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
A

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ed - Planning to bring the Gen IV but been having some issues as of late. Downshifting to eventually stop stalls the car? Car has 50 miles on the clock and no check engine light. :dunno:

Taking it to Mr. Tator the week before the cruise. If that doesn't get worked out, I'll be bringing the the 01 GTS.

Are you bringing your vert?

Good luck getting it fixed. You are definitely going the right place. Used to take the Gen I to Chucks when it was under warranty. 250 Miles one way, but it was most definitely worth it.

Plan on bringing both to the cruise.

See ya then,
Ed

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang